Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Should the new anti-cheat ( when it will be released , just patience) have a auto-ban like mineplex?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

DocMenios

Jul 21, 2016
In a country
First of all , i would like to say , that i am just asking for your opinion and not for when anti-cheat will be up!!! Just trust developers and have patience, until then , just report in : reports.cubecraft.net/report

Do you want the new anti-cheat to have an auto-ban like mineplex and etc or no? Because i believe ,that we will have false bans ,which can't be appealed , if you haven't video evidense. Anti-cheat is going to be awesome, but it isn't a human , so it could false ban you , when your opponent whom you pvp hacking and anti-cheat ban you by accident , like mineplex!

Krealίxx

Novice Member
Nov 27, 2016
Earth
Since the anti-cheat is taking a long time, I expect it to be good, maybe not 100% accurate, but good. I would want it to auto-ban BUT you will be able to appeal even without video evidence, as sometimes if your appeal is good enough and you've learned your mistakes that you can get it accepted.

Marieke2001

Forum Professional
Jul 2, 2015
Some people might get false banned. Someone suggested this before and a staffmember told him that it wouldn't be fair towards legit players. Idk though if staff still thinks the same way about it, but I agree with what that staffmember said.

Buuuddy

Forum Expert
Mar 31, 2016
Well, I'd say that we would first have to look at the quality of the anti-cheat. I am not questioning the developers their skills nor their experience, but if the anti-cheat isn't very accurate and has a couple of bugs, I'd rather not have auto-bans. Maybe in later stages when there are little to no bugs, an auto-ban could be taken into consideration.

DocMenios

Jul 21, 2016
In a country
Since the anti-cheat is taking a long time, I expect it to be good, maybe not 100% accurate, but good. I would want it to auto-ban BUT you will be able to appeal even without video evidence, as sometimes if your appeal is good enough and you've learned your mistakes that you can get it accepted.
you are right,but unfortunately not all of the falsely banned players will be able to make such a good appeal!

Krealίxx

Novice Member
Nov 27, 2016
Earth
you are right,but unfortunately not all of the falsely banned players will be able to make such a good appeal!

Like what Buddy said, it depends on the quality of the anticheat. As of right now, the anticheat isn't really doing very much and the server itself is infested with hackers, if they just get kicked they probably won't learn their lesson and hack again but less noticeable. However, if the anticheat's quality isn't the best (not doubting the developers) then I don't think auto-ban should be a thing.

DocMenios

Jul 21, 2016
In a country
Like what Buddy said, it depends on the quality of the anticheat. As of right now, the anticheat isn't really doing very much and the server itself is infested with hackers, if they just get kicked they probably won't learn their lesson and hack again but less noticeable. However, if the anticheat's quality isn't the best (not doubt the developers) then I don't think auto-ban should be a thing.
the anticheat is a program , not a human , so it can't always has the right solution , even if cubecraft developers who i love, made an awesome in quality anti-cheat!

_Razz_

Nov 30, 2016
Sorry for the grammer ore mistypes I am on my phone Rn but Lets get on topic again:
No I don't want an auto ban system for these reasons:

1) people say that the ban was false and how do you check?
2)when a bug happens players could get false banned.
3) risks are very high.

I would say that the staff members see in chat that a person might be hacking and that flying is glitching

Krealίxx

Novice Member
Nov 27, 2016
Earth
the anticheat is a program , not a human , so it can't always has the right solution , even if cubecraft developers who i love, made an awesome in quality anti-cheat!

Programs can be better than humans and humans can be better than programs, it all depends on the quality of the program and how much experience the human has.

A lot of servers with auto ban anticheats get a lot of negative feedback having tons of videos displaying how there are false bans. However, there was one recording for every hacker banned, the anticheat itself would appear very impressive. The number of hackers banned to legit players banned would be 1 to 500. Sure, take mineplex for example, it's server hasn't broken down just because of it's anticheat.

Krealίxx

Novice Member
Nov 27, 2016
Earth
Sorry for the grammer ore mistypes I am on my phone Rn but Lets get on topic again:
No I don't want an auto ban system for these reasons:

1) people say that the ban was false and how do you check?
2)when a bug happens players could get false banned.
3) risks are very high.

I would say that the staff members see in chat that a person might be hacking and that flying is glitching

1) Data, it doesn't program the anticheat to ban players because it sees that it's hacking, it uses data like (not all, but some anticheats) clicks per second, ping, how many times it detected the hack, etc. The staff can use the data. For example, if the staff sees that the user was banned for killaura and it's cps is stuck at 17 cps and the anticheat detected it several times, it shouldn't be a false alert.

2) They need to test the anticheat many many times in many situations so that there aren't any bugs and it's not like every second a bug could occcur out of nowhere, something has to cause it.

3) If 1 and 2 ^^^ are good, the risks aren't too high.

bumperjombombo

May 18, 2016
I would just like to make a comment to say this. If the Anti Cheat wasn't a autoban anticheat there would be a massive problem. Staff would be receiving 1000's of reports a minute and barely anyone would be banned. So therefore you will end up with these two decisions, AntiCheat or no AntiCheat. My question to you is which one would you prefer and as we have seen, the anticheat is amazing and i barely ever see it false ban and it has great detection systems. Thank you to all of the developers who have worked on the AntiCheat and <3 to all the community.

My final comment that is that if they wanted the Cubecraft developers could add a feature so that the staff can be able to check the logs of a player and then from that be able to determine if they are cheating. This would be useful in the scenario if someone got banned for a lag spike. The staff members would be able to review the logs and determine that what the player has said fits the logs and then most likely he was false banned. The only problem that i can see with this system lies with the staff then having to be able to analyze the logs effectively and efficiently so that they can come to a good conclusion, it can be hard to be able to teach all of the staff members on the Cubecraft network how to analyze these logs correctly and as always there is going to be a possibility of human error.

My final point that i would like to make is to do with the fact of people making comments that the AntiCheat will be false banning al

XiiKa

Forum Expert
Dec 23, 2016
Somewhere only we know
I would just like to make a comment to say this. If the Anti Cheat wasn't a autoban anticheat there would be a massive problem. Staff would be receiving 1000's of reports a minute and barely anyone would be banned. So therefore you will end up with these two decisions, AntiCheat or no AntiCheat. My question to you is which one would you prefer and as we have seen, the anticheat is amazing and i barely ever see it false ban and it has great detection systems. Thank you to all of the developers who have worked on the AntiCheat and <3 to all the community.

Please do not comment on threads that have not been replied to for over 14 days, as it is considered necroposting. Necroposting is against the forum rules as stated in our official rules.
  • No necroposting on threads that have been inactive for over 2 weeks. Does not apply to news posts, games, or introduction threads.
You can read all of the rules here: https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/official-rules.134453/

- Locked.

Reactions: Marieke2001
Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I'm here!
(i'm everywhere)
qKhalidd wrote on camulos's profile.
happy birthday!
Casualpoalrbear wrote on WorriedSkate940's profile.
Congrats in helper. I know you do great

(Also nice change to your PFP)
Frontlane wrote on camulos's profile.
Happy birthday!
Top Bottom