Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Mirte.

Nov 29, 2015
The Netherlands
Hi guys,

My idea is to have more MOD's in Assassination, because of the many hackers you've got on there. It's annoying to get killed by someone with killaura, speedhacks, fly hacks, or something else. There are always hackers, never played without them. And not everyone's able to record the situation.

UPDATE: Thanks Staff for replying, I know who I can find for problems with hackers in Assassination now. :D Other players down here, I know recording is the right option to report someone but not everyone's able to do that. But it looks like I've got my answers now, so I'll lock this thing by myself. ;)

- Mirte

Last edited:

zDutchie

Forum Professional
May 30, 2016
The Netherlands
Pronouns
She/Her
I feel your struggle while playing assassins with a bunch of hackers. Unfortunately for us "normal" players moderators have other things to do as well. They can't just come on assassins and ban hackers the whole day. Besides having other things to do, why would hackers hack when there is staff around. I know some do but a fair amount only hacks when there is no staff online.

Recording and reporting is still the best solution for this problem.

Camezonda

Release Manager/Team Ops 🏳️‍🌈
Team CubeCraft
💙 Admin Team
Jul 23, 2015
Manchester
twitter.com
Pronouns
He/They
While spectating games, I look in all Pvp games. Me, Reddog and Rinne always try our hardest to spectate FFA and assassination. When we all get Mod we will be in both Pvp platforms to reduce to hackers. All staff members are all trying to reduce them. The amount of hackers in Pvp games should be temporary :)

Mirte.

Nov 29, 2015
The Netherlands
I feel your struggle while playing assassins with a bunch of hackers. Unfortunately for us "normal" players moderators have other things to do as well. They can't just come on assassins and ban hackers the whole day. Besides having other things to do, why would hackers hack when there is staff around. I know some do but a fair amount only hacks when there is no staff online.

Recording and reporting is still the best solution for this problem.

True, and I'm not saying all of the MOD's should be there all day, but just a few sometimes for like 10 mins or something. Recording is not always possible for some people.

Mirte.

Nov 29, 2015
The Netherlands
While spectating games, I look in all Pvp games. Me, Reddog and Rinne always try our hardest to spectate FFA and assassination. When we all get Mod we will be in both Pvp platforms to reduce to hackers. All staff members are all trying to reduce them. The amount of hackers in Pvp games should be temporary :)

Thanks Cam, nice to know. :)

Despacito 2

Forum Professional
Dec 6, 2015
Pretty sure Some Mods, Helpers and even Admins are Spectating Assassination a Banning/Reporting as much Hackers as they can...
So best thing to do is Record and Report them at forums... ;)

Qin Shihuangdi

Forum Expert
Nov 11, 2015
The Orange House
Getting more staff members is not the answer to everything. In fact, I was with @Tacosbefriends in assassins the other day and he had to go for just five minutes. I caught three hackers that were not there before. When he came back, two left and one turned them off.

Tacosbefriends

Forum Professional
Jan 13, 2014
Breakfast for Dinner Club HQ
Hi guys,

My idea is to have more MOD's in Assassination, because of the many hackers you've got on there. It's annoying to get killed by someone with killaura, speedhax, fly hax, or something else. They're always hackers, never played without them. And not everyone's able to record the situation.

Just an idea ;)

- Mirte
Let me put it like this; when you're exploring a cave and you come across a dungeon, how do you go about getting the loot? You enter the dungeon, kill whatever has spawned, and either destroy the spawner or light it up with torches. Think of hackers as the mobs that spawn and the spawner as sites such as MCLeaks and sites that offer free hacked clients for download. Sure, we can continue to attack the mobs that spawn until our swords break and we have nothing but a stick to beat them with, but that's not going to solve our problem.

The only way to deal with the hacker situation is to attack sites that allow hackers to get hacked clients and alternate accounts to play on. Unfortunately, we can't really do much about these websites, as they don't violate any laws, the Minecraft EULA, or anything that would warrant their takedown. All we can do is monitor our servers, develop a better anticheat (Soon™), and hope that hackers put away their hacks and try just enjoying the game as it is.

iLoveYouu

Forum Veteran
Oct 18, 2015
Let me put it like this; when you're exploring a cave and you come across a dungeon, how do you go about getting the loot? You enter the dungeon, kill whatever has spawned, and either destroy the spawner or light it up with torches. Think of hackers as the mobs that spawn and the spawner as sites such as MCLeaks and sites that offer free hacked clients for download. Sure, we can continue to attack the mobs that spawn until our swords break and we have nothing but a stick to beat them with, but that's not going to solve our problem.

The only way to deal with the hacker situation is to attack sites that allow hackers to get hacked clients and alternate accounts to play on. Unfortunately, we can't really do much about these websites, as they don't violate any laws, the Minecraft EULA, or anything that would warrant their takedown. All we can do is monitor our servers, develop a better anticheat (Soon™), and hope that hackers put away their hacks and try just enjoying the game as it is.
Yea you guys seem to be using the stick to attack the mobs even though you have a sword left. You guys give all these alts like 3-4 chances to hack before they finally get perm banned. I've yet to come across some decent explanation for this chance? Like come on man, if someone got falsely banned they can always appeal and if there isn't any evidence against them or if the evidence isn't obvious enough they should get unbanned, and if someone is actually sorry for hacking and wouldn't do it again they can also appeal.

Tacosbefriends

Forum Professional
Jan 13, 2014
Yea you guys seem to be using the stick to attack the mobs even though you have a sword left. You guys give all these alts like 3-4 chances to hack before they finally get perm banned. I've yet to come across some decent explanation for this chance? Like come on man, if someone got falsely banned they can always appeal and if there isn't any evidence against them or if the evidence isn't obvious enough they should get unbanned, and if someone is actually sorry for hacking and wouldn't do it again they can also appeal.
Everyone gets a few chances. If we discover it's an alt, we ban all associated accounts. Also, it's highly unlikely that someone will bother to appeal a public account when there's literally hundreds of others out there.

iLoveYouu

Forum Veteran
Oct 18, 2015
Everyone gets a few chances. If we discover it's an alt, we ban all associated accounts. Also, it's highly unlikely that someone will bother to appeal a public account when there's literally hundreds of others out there.
Why would you give everyone a few chances? They know exactly that what they did was against the rules and if they're truly sorry and don't want to do it again they can appeal. Which is way better in my opinion because they have to put effort in to show that they won't do it again, currently everyone can just hack, ruin the game for loads of people and then just get away with it without putting effort into getting unbanned or anything. I know that people won't bother to appeal a public account, but at least those public accounts got perm banned and we didn't really ever see that same account again, currently we get to see the same public accounts like 3-4 times before they get perm banned.

Tacosbefriends

Forum Professional
Jan 13, 2014
Why would you give everyone a few chances? They know exactly that what they did was against the rules and if they're truly sorry and don't want to do it again they can appeal. Which is way better in my opinion because they have to put effort in to show that they won't do it again, currently everyone can just hack, ruin the game for loads of people and then just get away with it without putting effort into getting unbanned or anything. I know that people won't bother to appeal a public account, but at least those public accounts got perm banned and we didn't really ever see that same account again, currently we get to see the same public accounts like 3-4 times before they get perm banned.
Hacking's not the only thing you can be banned for. It's the most extreme and the one that weighs on future bans the most, but it's not the only thing we ban for. You wouldn't know because you're not staff and you're not able to see statistics of who's being banned and for how long, but we are currently getting into a point in time when repeat offenders are being banned for a month. Many players who were banned only once have not been reported a second time, because as we foresaw, they wised up after being banned once and uninstalled their hacks, while players who are now getting month bans will more than likely receive a permanent ban once their month ban is up.

The new system is successfully separating one-time hackers from hackers who will never change and giving those who hacked only once a second chance. This may seem lenient, but it is our intention to be fair and forgiving even to players who hack. Of course, as the old saying goes, "Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me."

Reactions: Lezappen

Qin Shihuangdi

Forum Expert
Nov 11, 2015
The Orange House
Hacking's not the only thing you can be banned for. It's the most extreme and the one that weighs on future bans the most, but it's not the only thing we ban for. You wouldn't know because you're not staff and you're not able to see statistics of who's being banned and for how long, but we are currently getting into a point in time when repeat offenders are being banned for a month. Many players who were banned only once have not been reported a second time, because as we foresaw, they wised up after being banned once and uninstalled their hacks, while players who are now getting month bans will more than likely receive a permanent ban once their month ban is up.

The new system is successfully separating one-time hackers from hackers who will never change and giving those who hacked only once a second chance. This may seem lenient, but it is our intention to be fair and forgiving even to players who hack. Of course, as the old saying goes, "Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me."
I do see your point, but I think far more hackers just use alts. A 1 month ban would be so much better as it's actually a balanced way to decipher them.

iAmLva

May 23, 2016
Euhmmmmm when I ask a alt check, the staff members says this: it's a alt but because it could be a friend or something like that he won't be banned

Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Someone nerfed me because I can't find those hidden chests as easily anymore.. I won't stop trying tho >:c
help I haven't done ANYTHING I wanna do something:((((
JokeKaedee wrote on Thjis's profile.
Ty for following 🍪 ❤️
help I can't decide between drawing and writing
Top Bottom