Should Cubecraft add assassination to 1.8

• Yes, as outlined.

• Yes, implement it differently.

• No.

Results are only viewable after voting.

MeliodasWrath

Aug 27, 2019
the UK *sips tea*
I really like assassinations, but I really hate 1.9 pvp. I think it would be fair to make it in 1.8, with the success of the new update people will want to pvp in 1.8 and many might not even know how great this game is because they only play 1.8, and it gets lots of players on 1.9, so I think it's fair to say it would do well on 1.8 and should be added.

KitsuneToru

Jul 14, 2020
In concept, it would be a nice idea however the issue I see is that the 1.8 playerbase is just too small. Adding more games only splits up the playerbase even more, and with a peak of less than 600 players and dropping to below 200 people at times it just wouldn't be sustainable at all. It would spread the already small playerbase even more and make games fill slower and feel emptier.

MeliodasWrath

Aug 27, 2019
the UK *sips tea*
In concept, it would be a nice idea however the issue I see is that the 1.8 playerbase is just too small. Adding more games only splits up the playerbase even more, and with a peak of less than 600 players and dropping to below 200 people at times it just wouldn't be sustainable at all. It would spread the already small playerbase even more and make games fill slower and feel emptier.
I would like to disagree. Since the release of duels on 1.8 there are 50+ players on at a time, usually there are at least 60 players playing ffa and I think the majority of Skywars players play on 1.8 (or at least a few hundred), and there are lots of eggwars players as well. You mention that the 'already small playerbase would spread out even more and make games fill slower and feel emptier.', however I feel like just less than half the players play on 1.8, and there are only half the games on 1.8, so I think it would do just fine if it were added.

Reactions: Axyy

KitsuneToru

Jul 14, 2020
I would like to disagree. Since the release of duels on 1.8 there are 50+ players on at a time, usually there are at least 60 players playing ffa and I think the majority of Skywars players play on 1.8 (or at least a few hundred), and there are lots of eggwars players as well. You mention that the 'already small playerbase would spread out even more and make games fill slower and feel emptier.', however I feel like just less than half the players play on 1.8, and there are only half the games on 1.8, so I think it would do just fine if it were added.
Looking on the server myself at peak times, FFA had around 80-100 people on which is slightly higher than your estimate however this is still only just enough to fill 2 FFA servers and a bit, which is very few considering how a lot of these people won't move over to assassinations as the majority will remain in FFA.
I also don't know where you pulled the 50+ people on duels figure from as the number counts on the NPCs are 1.8 and 1.9 combined, but considering how the ratio of 1.8 to 1.9 players is around 1 to 6 (for every 1 1.8 player there is approximately 6 1.9 players) then we can estimate that there should be around 14 people from 1.8 on duels (based on the around 90 peak players I saw duels have), although this number is likely very slightly higher due to the recent release date of 1.8 duels, however this is still extremely insignificant.
Your statistic about there being "at least a few hundred people" and "the majority of skywars players play on 1.8" are also extremely false. The numbers above NPCs heads are for 1.8 and 1.9 Java combined - not 1.8 alone. There's also no way that it could possibly add up anyway, as the server peaks at 600 people. If there was at least 60 FFA players, and 50 duels players then that's 110 people already. A few hundred people on skywars would be at least 300, and considering how eggwars is more popular than skywars, that would be at least 350 on eggwars, and how lucky islands is neck and neck with skywars, another 300 players. This totals over 1000 players - which is nearly double the actual player count that 1.8 actually gets at peak.

There quite definitely is not the playerbase to support assassinations. There might be enough at first to fill up a server at peak times, but during lower times and not long after release it definitely will not have the playerbase to support it.
This is also leaving out the fact that developer time would have to be spent doing this, when in reality you really need to be focusing developer workload on the other parts of the network which are far larger and have far more potential.

MeliodasWrath

Aug 27, 2019
the UK *sips tea*
Looking on the server myself at peak times, FFA had around 80-100 people on which is slightly higher than your estimate however this is still only just enough to fill 2 FFA servers and a bit, which is very few considering how a lot of these people won't move over to assassinations as the majority will remain in FFA.
I also don't know where you pulled the 50+ people on duels figure from as the number counts on the NPCs are 1.8 and 1.9 combined, but considering how the ratio of 1.8 to 1.9 players is around 1 to 6 (for every 1 1.8 player there is approximately 6 1.9 players) then we can estimate that there should be around 14 people from 1.8 on duels (based on the around 90 peak players I saw duels have), although this number is likely very slightly higher due to the recent release date of 1.8 duels, however this is still extremely insignificant.
Your statistic about there being "at least a few hundred people" and "the majority of skywars players play on 1.8" are also extremely false. The numbers above NPCs heads are for 1.8 and 1.9 Java combined - not 1.8 alone. There's also no way that it could possibly add up anyway, as the server peaks at 600 people. If there was at least 60 FFA players, and 50 duels players then that's 110 people already. A few hundred people on skywars would be at least 300, and considering how eggwars is more popular than skywars, that would be at least 350 on eggwars, and how lucky islands is neck and neck with skywars, another 300 players. This totals over 1000 players - which is nearly double the actual player count that 1.8 actually gets at peak.

There quite definitely is not the playerbase to support assassinations. There might be enough at first to fill up a server at peak times, but during lower times and not long after release it definitely will not have the playerbase to support it.
This is also leaving out the fact that developer time would have to be spent doing this, when in reality you really need to be focusing developer workload on the other parts of the network which are far larger and have far more potential.
Alright I admit I forgot duels is 1.9 and 1.8 combined, but when I play it fills relatively quickly so there definitely are enough. And you say people will just stay in ffa and won't play assassinations, however I feel like some people who already do play assassinations would like it to be 1.8 (such as myself) so they will move, on top of the people who see the update and decide to play it, which would be enough to sustain all pvp games. I know the player counts are combined versions for skywars, and I base it off of how fast games fill up. Almost instantly for 1.8, and 1.9 it sometimes takes slightly longer. That's where I get that statistic from, lucky islands and eggwars don't get as many 1.8 players but still a handful, and even on the small chance that not many people do play 1.8 assassination, it won't be for no work at all - the new Halloween minigame gets next to no players and they developed a whole new game for that, adding the same game with some slight tweaks would be nothing compared do that, and the option would be there if anyone did decide to play it. And I have no idea where you managed to fathom the ratio of 1:6 1.8 to 1.9 players, but I highly doubt this, and though there is a smaller player base, there is also a smaller game count, and 50 players switching to assassinations will only make a small dent in the 1.8 playerbase.

This really is a game I want most, I really enjoy assassination but don't like 1.9 pvp, so this would mean a lot to me if it were added.

KitsuneToru

Jul 14, 2020
Alright I admit I forgot duels is 1.9 and 1.8 combined, but when I play it fills relatively quickly so there definitely are enough.
Duels is a gamemode requiring 2 people for a game to start. Assassinations has servers of up to 50 people.
And you say people will just stay in ffa and won't play assassinations, however I feel like some people who already do play assassinations would like it to be 1.8 (such as myself) so they will move, on top of the people who see the update and decide to play it, which would be enough to sustain all pvp games.
At peak times, there's only around 40 people on assassinations for 1.9 so there aren't very many people to move in the first place. Also if people do move across then 1.9 won't be popular enough even at peak times.
I know the player counts are combined versions for skywars, and I base it off of how fast games fill up. Almost instantly for 1.8, and 1.9 it sometimes takes slightly longer.
Just because you might think games start faster, that doesn't mean that there are multiple hundred more people on 1.8 than 1.9, especially considering how for their to be hundreds of people on 1.8 that would be the majority of the playerbase of the entire of 1.8.
lucky islands and eggwars don't get as many 1.8 players but still a handful, and even on the small chance that not many people do play 1.8 assassination, it won't be for no work at all - the new Halloween minigame gets next to no players and they developed a whole new game for that, adding the same game with some slight tweaks would be nothing compared do that, and the option would be there if anyone did decide to play it.
Carving chaos was a trial game, brought in for a special event and while it has not been so successful on java, has been plenty successful on Bedrock getting up to and possibly over 160 concurrent players at peak times - far more than assassinations on 1.8 will ever get.
And I have no idea where you managed to fathom the ratio of 1:6 1.8 to 1.9 players, but I highly doubt this
Taken from https://stats.cubecraft.net from today's peak time and yesterday just after peak time. Admittedly, it it had just over a sixth of the players of 1.9 today but checking yesterday the player count was a lot closer to this figure.
1602704420326.png
1602704545053.png

though there is a smaller player base, there is also a smaller game count, and 50 players switching to assassinations will only make a small dent in the 1.8 playerbase.
Considering that 50 people is around a tenth or eleventh of the playerbase at peak times - it definitely will be a reasonable dent in the playerbase, although it likely will get nowhere near that amount considering 1.9 doesn't even get that many at peak times. This number of 50 people would be a third of the playerbase at its lowest point.
This really is a game I want most, I really enjoy assassination but don't like 1.9 pvp, so this would mean a lot to me if it were added.
Unfortunately just because one person wants a game, it doesn't mean that there's enough people to support it - especially on 1.8 where the playerbase is already incredibly small

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Kiyaan gaming world on YouTube
This might be one of the weirdest excuses I have seen after killing someone.

2024-03-28_23.34.25.png
This is YOUR daily dose of facts #20-
More tornadoes occur in the United Kingdom per square mile than in any other country in the world.
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Capitan's profile.
Congratulations on hitting over 4 000 in Reaction Score! 💙
Top Bottom