Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Elaad

Novice Member
Dec 2, 2019
Note: this thread will only mention the changes to EggWars kits and focuses on Java 1.9
So cube has recently released the Armory Update which changes certain kits according to the selected game mode (in EggWars: Hardcore - Normal - OverPowered)
Listed below are all changes + my thoughts as someone that actively plays EggWars.

Kit/Changes + FeedbackBefore UpdateAfter UpdateThoughts + Suggestions
Egg Shell 8 Endstone Hardcore: 5 Endstone || Normal: 8 Endstone || OP: 16 EndstoneOverall this change was needed, although in OP it still isn't as effective, which is why my suggestion is to make it 18 on OP (enough for 2 layers) since 16 is a pretty random number considering that just under 2 layers is useless.
Rabbit3 golden carrots, jump boost 2 potions (drinkable, 1:30)Hardcore: 1 golden carrot, jump boost 1 potion || Normal: 3 golden carrots, jump boost 2 potion || OP: 8 golden carrots, jump boost 2 potionThis kit in my opinion has received a needed but completely extreme change in certain modes. In both hardcore and normal, the change is fair but in OP... this buff makes most other kits seem like a joke. You're getting 24 iron worth of golden carrots (enough to last more than enough fights considering it's all coming from a kit), not to mention the very useful jump boost potion. My suggestion would be to reduce the golden carrots given to either 4 or 5. This will both keep it a viable kit on certain maps while also keeping it balanced.
Money Bags15 iron tokensno changesSo this kit is a bit harder to judge since it used to be, in my opinion, the best EggWars kit and the one I've used as my primary kit for years. Now, on the other hand, it's hard to recommend this kit to anyone since while it's still quite good, it's not nearly as good as the Healer and Rabbit kits. My thoughts on the lack of change are.. well... this kit didn't need to be changed since it was pretty damn good, BUT, due to the buff of other kits, this feels like it was neglected a bit and if all recent changes stay permanently (pls no), I'd like to see this kit buffed to at least 18 iron in OP (other modes are fine).
BufferInstant health potion 3 (splash)Instant health potion 3 (splash)Well... not much can be said about this kit aside from the fact that NO ONE uses it. tbh I'd have preferred it if this just got removed, and since they didn't even bother buffing it, it's still the same useless kit it's always been.
Debuffer Weakness 1 potion (splash, 1:30), slowness 1 potion (splash: 1:30)Weakness 1 potion (splash, 1:30), slowness 1 potion (splash: 1:30)much like the Buffer kit, this is also a pretty rare kit to come across, but when you do, it's... not fun to say the least. This kit needed no buffs/nerfs and I'm glad they didn't change it I obviously wouldn't mind if it was just outright removed though ;)
Healer2 golden applesHardcore: 1 golden apple || Normal: 2 golden apples || OP: 3 golden applesSo... debatably one of the most overpowered kits got buffed why xD. The Healer kit was already one of the most used kits (alongside Money Bags). Now, as for Hardcore- nerf was needed, and changing the amount of golden apples to 1 was a good idea. As for Normal, the kit wasn't changed, the correct move IMO. OP is where the problem with this kit starts; The point of this update was to make certain kits that were good in some modes and bad in others, balanced regardless of the mode, this isn't the case when it comes to the Healer kit in OP. The Healer kit went from being an already extremely viable kit to an easy pick for anyone debating which kit to choose. 3 golden apples is too many to start off the game with since just having 2 + starting gear will pretty much guarantee you a win in your first 1-2 fights. My suggestion is to revert this change and keep it 2 golden apples in both Normal and OP.
Shell Crackerefficiency 2 gold pickaxe + 1 TNTHardcore: Gold pickaxe, 1 TNT || Normal: Gold pickaxe (efficiency 1), 1 TNT || OP: Gold pickaxe (efficiency 3), 2 tntThis kit was buffed for OP and nerfed for Hardcore, both changes make sense and I have no complaints. (like some other kits, this will still likely not be as viable as others despite the recent balancing
Egg Armorfull leather armor set + 20% discount on all armor purchasesHardcore: leather chestplate, leather boots || Normal: full leather armor set || OP: full protection 4 leather armor set. (All modes give you the same 20% discount on all armor purchases)A highly needed change to an otherwise useless kit in pretty much every game of EggWars (since it's nearly always OP mode). Great change, no negative feedback on this.
Feather FeetChain boots (feather falling IV), feather falling IV for all boots bought in the shopHardcore: Leather boots (feather falling III) || Normal: Chain boots (feather falling IV) || OP: Chain boots (protection IV, feather falling IV). (All modes give you a feather falling buff for all boots, Hardcore: feather falling 3 || Normal & OP: feather falling 4)Great change overall! Nerfed very slightly in Hardcore and properly buffed in OP to have the same protection 4 as every other piece of armor you can get in the mode. This kit will probably not be used over other kits in OP due to how overpowered 2 of them now are (Healer and Rabbit) but this is still a much-needed change.

Last edited:

Fesa

Quality Assurance
Team CubeCraft
🧪 Quality Assurance
Oct 17, 2016
Yoitsu
Pronouns
She/Her
Agreed on all :banter:
This is really needed, I've not been able to play it yet. But I've played enough Eggwars to know it's broken at the moment

Reactions: Mivke and Gregeyy

Deann

what's a bug 🍪
Team CubeCraft
🛠️ Sr. Moderator
Jul 2, 2017
the agency
Agreed with pretty much everything you said, most of the kit changes are good but starting an OP game with three golden apples is ridiculous.

Reactions: Mqxti

Fesa

Quality Assurance
Team CubeCraft
🧪 Quality Assurance
Oct 17, 2016
Yoitsu
Pronouns
She/Her
- Bump- this should not die. I don't want to come back on the server and get triple gapped on in the first 2min of a game

• Love
Reactions: xHappyMood

Younisco

Forum Professional
May 13, 2014
london
Hey Elaad, thanks for the thread! It's great to see a lot of detail being put into this! 😄

I'll go through the kits that you had a problem with and I'll try and explain myself or let you know if we're going to change it.

Overall this change was needed, although in OP it still isn't as effective, which is why my suggestion is to make it 18 on OP (enough for 2 layers) since 16 is a pretty random number considering that just under 2 layers is useless.
Yeah, I agree with this. I made it 5 for hardcore because it was 1 layer but I wanted to approximate / make the blocks a rounder number for OP. I went in the wrong direction with this, probably would have been better to make it 20 instead of 16, but I'll definitely see if we can change this to 18. :)

[TD]So this kit is a bit harder to judge since it used to be, in my opinion, the best EggWars kit and the one I've used as my primary kit for years. Now, on the other hand, it's hard to recommend this kit to anyone since while it's still quite good, it's not nearly as good as the Healer and Rabbit kits. My thoughts on the lack of change are.. well... this kit didn't need to be changed since it was pretty damn good, BUT, due to the buff of other kits, this feels like it was neglected a bit and if all recent changes stay permanently (pls no), I'd like to see this kit buffed to at least 18 iron in OP (other modes are fine).[/TD]
I didn't want to buff this kit in any mode considering that the prices of shops change and having to compensate for that accordingly is a harder task. In Overpowered, things are cheaper, so you'll be able to get more items using the kit. Adding 3 iron for the kit in overpowered, to me, is quite ineffective in the grand scheme of things. 🤷‍♂️
So... debatably one of the most overpowered kits got buffed why xD. The Healer kit was already one of the most used kits (alongside Money Bags). Now, as for Hardcore- nerf was needed, and changing the amount of golden apples to 1 was a good idea. As for Normal, the kit wasn't changed, the correct move IMO. OP is where the problem with this kit starts; The point of this update was to make certain kits that were good in some modes and bad in others, balanced regardless of the mode, this isn't the case when it comes to the Healer kit in OP. The Healer kit went from being an already extremely viable kit to an easy pick for anyone debating which kit to choose. 3 golden apples is too many to start off the game with since just having 2 + starting gear will pretty much guarantee you a win in your first 1-2 fights. My suggestion is to revert this change and keep it 2 golden apples in both Normal and OP.
Yep, after hearing opinions from other people regarding this (@Fesa 👀 ) I definitely agree with this. I'll see if this can be changed to 2 golden apples in OP.

As for the other kits that you called for removing such as Buffer, we'll see if anything can be done in a future update regarding buffing the kit's contents in general - we didn't want to throw such a large change into games like SkyWars that changes the meta entirely, otherwise, we would have done these changes. We want to address them as a part of a larger update.

Hope this explains things! I'll update this thread once anything changes. Again, thanks for the thread 💙

Fesa

Quality Assurance
Team CubeCraft
🧪 Quality Assurance
Oct 17, 2016
Yoitsu
Pronouns
She/Her
@Younisco Thanks a lot! I want to apologize if I came over mean/... on discord I was frustrated to say the least haha
Anyway!
tenor.gif

Happy to see changes being made where changes are due
I do agree with the money bags, a change is not really needed if the others are changed.

What are your thoughts on the rabbit kit? As 8 golden carrots are still, in my opinion, why too much to start a game with. It's 24 iron and the best food in the game (Most saturation, and that's key in 1.9)

• Love

Elaad

Novice Member
Dec 2, 2019
I didn't want to buff this kit in any mode considering that the prices of shops change and having to compensate for that accordingly is a harder task. In Overpowered, things are cheaper, so you'll be able to get more items using the kit. Adding 3 iron for the kit in overpowered, to me, is quite ineffective in the grand scheme of things.
I didn't want this kit buffed at all but thought that due to how viable Healer (which as you said will probably get tweaked) and Rabbit kits have been made, this kit needed a buff to compete ("...and if all recent changes stay permanently (pls no), I'd like to see this kit buffed..." meaning this is only something that I think is needed if Rabbit and Healer were to stay the same). As for the 3 extra iron (in OP only): this was mainly to combat the extremely high value of the rabbit kit in OP which essentially gave you 24 iron worth of food + the jump boost potion, some players have even said they want 20 iron from this kit now, but I thought that that was a bit extreme.

On the topic of said Rabbit kit, I saw that you didn't mention it and wasn't sure whether or not you felt it was balanced or if you missed it, regardless I'll just briefly restate that I think the amount of golden carrots should be nerfed.

it's great to see that you're taking feedback + are willing to properly address this topic in a bigger update :).

Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Aveezz The OG wrote on univesanand's profile.
Happy Birthday
This is YOUR daily dose of facts #19-
The Sun makes a sound but we can't hear it.
Reesle wrote on xireu's profile.
Welcome to the Forums! Hope you enjoy your stay :D
Reesle wrote on Mantas2221's profile.
Welcome to the Forums! 👋
been working on chapter 4 + some changes to fhg
Top Bottom