Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Hoshi

Speedy Wing Rush Gonzales
Aug 4, 2017
meow meow
youtube.com
Pronouns
She/Her
I doubt this is the case. Personally, I'd say it's more a case of 'Are you making good quality content or no?'

Shorts are, as the name suggests, short videos. Short videos are more likely to be of less quality due to either it being a randomly posted clip that either gets attention or not or something else simple. From my experience, you don't come across a lot of shorts where you can actually see there was put a ton of effort in them. This, however, isn't only the case with shorts, but also with regular videos. You can easily tell when people put effort into video editing, the content they're showing, etc, or if they're just posting whatever thing they can to get attention and/or it is low quality.

Not only does it depend on the quality of the shorts (or videos), but also if people actually enjoy watching the content. What kind of content is it; Does your content abide by rules and ToS's or not; Does it have a good like/view ratio. Which, again, also applies to regular videos or streams or whatever other content. Is it worthy of being shared? And, what I haven't mentioned yet, is your application of the right quality? There are no set requirements for Partner rank, as mentioned on the page, but that does not mean they won't accept everyone and everything. There are standards.

Jan 15, 2023
nowhere and yet everywhere
www.youtube.com
Pronouns
He/Him
I doubt this is the case. Personally, I'd say it's more a case of 'Are you making good quality content or no?'

Shorts are, as the name suggests, short videos. Short videos are more likely to be of less quality due to either it being a randomly posted clip that either gets attention or not or something else simple. From my experience, you don't come across a lot of shorts where you can actually see there was put a ton of effort in them. This, however, isn't only the case with shorts, but also with regular videos. You can easily tell when people put effort into video editing, the content they're showing, etc, or if they're just posting whatever thing they can to get attention and/or it is low quality.

Not only does it depend on the quality of the shorts (or videos), but also if people actually enjoy watching the content. What kind of content is it; Does your content abide by rules and ToS's or not; Does it have a good like/view ratio. Which, again, also applies to regular videos or streams or whatever other content. Is it worthy of being shared? And, what I haven't mentioned yet, is your application of the right quality? There are no set requirements for Partner rank, as mentioned on the page, but that does not mean they won't accept everyone and everything. There are standards.
I would definitely say that my videos are low quality, which is why I am considering making long-form content instead of Shorts. My watch rate is pitifully low compared to my subscriber count, but as it's Shorts then whatever the YouTube algorithm does is not my fault whatsoever. It's common knowledge that often the worst Shorts videos are the most viewed. For example, my two most-viewed videos I spent about a minute on each and are plagiarised from other YouTubers, but when I spend three hours on an animation that's funny, entertaining and well thought-out, it often gets about nine views. That's less that 100 times my actual subscriber count.
I always make sure to follow ToS's and so I think the only issue is content quality and low view count, which, as I say, I can do nothing to prevent.

Hoshi

Speedy Wing Rush Gonzales
Aug 4, 2017
meow meow
youtube.com
Pronouns
She/Her
In that case, I definitely think you should explore more types of content! I looked up your channel, and I can definitely see that your videos could have way better watch rates than they do at the moment.

As harsh as it sounds perhaps, I'd say try starting with redoing the thumbnails and titles for your regular videos to make them more appealing to a specific audience - for instance by adding the keyword CubeCraft to your CubeCraft videos, or by adding a CubeCraft logo to the thumbnail for starters. You can get a few nice looking Cube-related vectors from the Creator Assets notion page. Also, don't be afraid to ask other content creators (from Cube)! There are many people here willing to help you become a better content creator. @privqted can provide very useful tips for instance, if you're willing to listen. I'm sure many other great Cube content creators can help as well!

Besides, don't ever be afraid to post original content! It may not get you the same amount of views as a plagiarised video or shorts idea, but that way people that do watch or check your content will be able to see that you put effort into it all! I haven't watched any of your content, so sorry if I mistake myself here and you've already tried this, but you should try out different things with a video editing software if you have any. :D

Members Online

Latest profile posts

This is YOUR daily dose of facts #20-
More tornadoes occur in the United Kingdom per square mile than in any other country in the world.
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Capitan's profile.
Congratulations on hitting over 4 000 in Reaction Score! 💙
some people need to talk to their internet provider to buy them a gym membership because theyre too FAT to take knockback
Top Bottom