Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Jossue

Jul 25, 2016
United States
Hey there!

I'd like to make a suggestion in regards on how long one should hold an evidence. The thread that talks about this topic can be found here.

There should be a limit when it comes to appealing. The appropriate time to appeal should be within 2 weeks after the punishment, which is fair enough for everyone. In addition, those who record and have evidence against other players should hold it for 2 weeks as well, afterwords we should be able to remove it from our youtube account. I think that 3 months is way too much, and there should be a change within this.

Please share your feedbacks, looking forward to see your opinion. Remember to keep it constructive!

- JossueDev​

ChaosConjurer

Dedicated Member
Aug 30, 2016
Canada
Hey there!

I'd like to make a suggestion in regards on how long one should hold an evidence. The thread that talks about this topic can be found here.

There should be a limit when it comes to appealing. The appropriate time to appeal should be within 2 weeks after the punishment, which is fair enough for everyone. In addition, those who record and have evidence against other players should hold it for 2 weeks as well, afterwords we should be able to remove it from our youtube account. I think that 3 months is way too much, and there should be a change within this.

Please share your feedbacks, looking forward to see your opinion. Remember to keep it constructive!

- JossueDev​

I agree there should be a limit on appeals where you need to appeal a certain time after being banned in order to have an appeal accepted (if there isn't a limit already); However, I do not agree that a player who recorded evidence should remove the evidence (any set amount of time after the player was punished) because the staff may need that evidence at a later date and it could be useful to them in the future. You never know if the evidence you submitted of a rule breaker could be useful again even if it's 9 months later for instance. That's just my opinion. <3

Last edited:

matcha

Forum Veteran
Nov 15, 2016
Droptown
Well, when you keep your videos unlisted, it's not like anyone can just find the video through YouTube. They'll need the link to the video to actually view it. So I don't see an issue with holding the video out for 3 months.

Not sure about limiting appeal time. Some people might not realized they were banned because they were away, and they could be stuck with it, even if they didn't do anything wrong. Best to leave it as it is.

Jossue

Jul 25, 2016
United States
Thanks for your feedback.

In regards to the limit when it comes to appealing, it's not the staff fault and it's the players responsability to keep updated. Once again, a 2 week limit is fair enough and should be considered.

Now, with saving the evidence, the problem is not with private, unlisted or public. The issue here is the amount of space it takes to have these videos and I don't find it reasonable having that much extended time.

The fact that a player has a punishment history, and they never appealed or the appeal was denied is enough, because upon that decision evidence must have been submitted and was reviewed to make such decision.

_The13thDoctor_

Forum Professional
Jul 23, 2016
Chicago, Illinois
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
Hey there!

- JossueDev​

I like the idea but as @SCREAM said it would not be fair if they have no chance if they were not there. And if they could not get to CCG in time.
I belive in this idea
But it needs some tweaks
?

RayzMC

Feb 3, 2017
Summer
Hey there!

- JossueDev​
Totally reasonable, I don't see why not!

ChillyTree

Mar 15, 2017
I can see where you are coming from, but what if you were falsely banned? What if you were banned by the sentinel for no good reason? I would say to have a shorter amount of time, still a good idea though! +1

Thaus

Forum Expert
Jul 6, 2016
In a chicken coop
First off, I don't see a reason why we need to create a minimum for appeals. There's no harm in holding some evidence for 3 months, heck I'm pretty sure there are reports from over 1-2 years ago. Second, this will make it a killer for false bans. Remember that the staff members want video evidence just in case they made a mistake. Staff members are human beings and they definitely cannot make every decision 100% correct. With the 2-week appeal min in place, it will clog up the forums with complaints about it, especially about false bans. From what I see, this only applies to bans that apply to hacking. If you think that appeals cause people to get an easy way out of hacking, remember that if they ever get banned again, they'll get banned from the server permanently. That will teach them the lesson that you most likely desire. When there is a new risk of being completely banned with a very small chance of having a successful appeal, as well as having a record, I think being able to appeal straightaway is fine. Note that it also takes time for staff members to review appeals as well.
For me, I don't support the idea a lot as it seems to hurt the server more than it will help the server.

GeldHaftige

Dedicated Member
May 4, 2017
Belgium
Your idea is good, but as staff members need the time for 2 months for an appeal. How do you want to do it within 2 weeks? It is about time and not every staff members have so much time for doing it within 2 weeks. Somethimes must to wait people more on their appeal than their ban. That is really annoying If you must to wait a long time. I support this idea, But I don't know how you it want to do.

Ducky

Forum Professional
Dec 31, 2015
The Netherlands
No. Somebody could be on holiday or he could be on a camp and then he/she doesn't notice it. Either a longer period of time or just no time limit and just leave it like it's now.

And why do you even want a time limit? It's really fine and good as it's now.

iLoveYouu

Forum Veteran
Oct 18, 2015
It seems fine like it currently is, just make your video unlisted if you don't want to clutter your channel with videos or create a channel specific for reports.

Jossue

Jul 25, 2016
United States
Thanks everyone for your feedback.

Look at the benefit behind having a limit in appeals, I'm trying to see it from the staff perspective. If they don't appeal on time, you will have enough time to address other issues and/or other appeals. Now, because of the communities feedback, I came up with the following:

Time Punishments
You should appeal before 2 weeks prior to your punishment (Remember: 2 weeks is just a suggested number and to maintain balance between time being punished and the time it takes for staff to review appeal, etc)

Compromised Accounts
There should be a guide in regards to this issue.
Certain amount of time till you can appeal again, that way you don't continuously send appeals making the staff job more hectic then it is.

Permanent Punishments
Certain amount of time till you can appeal again, that way you don't continuously send appeals making the staff job more hectic then it is.

Now understand that my issue is holding the evidence for so long, it kinda annoys me, and more when you already have hundreds of reports. So why not make the holding time less? Whats the point of holding it so long? It could be used to report the same player again.

Jossue

Jul 25, 2016
United States
Constructive Criticism: Often containing helpful and specific suggestions for positive change, constructive criticism is highly focused on a particular issue or set of issues, as opposed to providing general feedback on the item or organization as a whole.

It's important that when you're giving your feedback to not only say how you like or dislike something, but how it could be improved or the reasons why it shouldn't be considered. I find it really vague when someone says "It's fine". We all know it's fine for now, but it could be improved and in order to do so we need different opinions from different perspective and experiences which then it's required to elaborate more on your comment then just saying "I agree" or "It's ok as it is"

matcha

Forum Veteran
Nov 15, 2016
Droptown
I mean, is it an issue to hold your evidence for months or years? It's not like your videos are saved on your PC when it's already on YouTube. If there was a time limit for appeal, it would also contribute to the sense of confusion and work there already is. It's not really a good trade off in my opinion.

Compromised accounts: You make one appeal, you're done. All you have to say is, you've resettled your password. And there are new features to appeals, comments, soooo... Yea.

Time punishment: Already mentioned in previous posts.

Permanent Punishments: Well, for those who decided to break the rules multiple time. You deserve it :).
~

I understand your point about constructive criticism. And I see very little among this forum. However, it does kind of gets annoying to re read the same post, but reworded, dozens of time.

Jossue

Jul 25, 2016
United States
I mean, is it an issue to hold your evidence for months or years? It's not like your videos are saved on your PC when it's already on YouTube. If there was a time limit for appeal, it would also contribute to the sense of confusion and work there already is. It's not really a good trade off in my opinion.

Compromised accounts: You make one appeal, you're done. All you have to say is, you've resettled your password. And there are new features to appeals, comments, soooo... Yea.

Time punishment: Already mentioned in previous posts.

Permanent Punishments: Well, for those who decided to break the rules multiple time. You deserve it :).
~

I understand your point about constructive criticism. And I see very little among this forum. However, it does kind of gets annoying to re read the same post, but reworded, dozens of time.

Yes it's an issue when you have hundreads of reports from various servers and more when you save them in the computer just incase they get lost and/or corrupted.

Compromised account: what if you provide false details or use this as an excuse?

Permanent Punishments: So basically you're saying you can't get a chance even though you've stopped and want a new start?

matcha

Forum Veteran
Nov 15, 2016
Droptown
Yes it's an issue when you have hundreads of reports from various servers and more when you save them in the computer just incase they get lost and/or corrupted.

Compromised account: what if you provide false details or use this as an excuse?

Permanent Punishments: So basically you're saying you can't get a chance even though you've stopped and want a new start?

1) Question: When you upload video evidence, isn't your video saved there? If that's the case, why bother saving it on your computer? You video may corrupt, but that's not really a huge issue. I have over a hundred reports, and not one of the video evidence has corrupted.

2) It says compromised account when you get banned for it. So I don't see how you can use an excuse.

3) You are already given chances before your permanent ban. So you waste it, you lose it.

TheVenom27

May 27, 2016
Permanent Punishments

I disagree on this. I was a dirty hacker back then and have been punished. Now I have changed my ways. I've become better at pvp and have gotten false banned twice. Each false ban has been a perm and it would be horrible if I had to wait in order to appeal. Remember appeals are made in case the punishment is false. Appeals aren't a pass to the punishments. Heck! most of them get denied anyway.

Members Online

Members online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Xi1m wrote on Eli's profile.
oh noes
happy late birthday eli!!!!
Xi1m wrote on eddytheeagle88's profile.
if youre a partner on the discord server, shouldnt you also be partner on here?
Malek_kh wrote on xEefster's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🌹
Malek_kh wrote on Eli's profile.
Happy Birthday! :heart:
Tripleee wrote on Eli's profile.
Happy Birthday!
Top Bottom