Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

samitannir

Dedicated Member
Jul 24, 2016
Somewhere
Some people always swear on the server and you might not have the chance to mute them (For Example: You just finished PvP and they swore, then they redirect you back to the lobby), Yet, If you can add the words which involves swearing (Example of saying hacks, Some people always say "Hax" or "Haks" or others, but if you add that to the Anti-Swear, then they are not allowed to say it. Thanks for reading this!

Qin Shihuangdi

Forum Expert
Nov 11, 2015
The Orange House
Making a perfect anti-swear is impossible, and there's so many ways to bypass it I honestly don't even see why it's there. For example a l < looks a lot like a k in Minecraft, especially with the OptiFine font enabled.

RockBob4

Dedicated Member
May 14, 2016
That would be too many different things to cover. I don't know if they will add this. Sometimes it doesn't work at all. Hopefully they improve it, but they have better things to work on.

samitannir

Dedicated Member
Jul 24, 2016
Somewhere
That would be too many different things to cover. I don't know if they will add this. Sometimes it doesn't work at all. Hopefully they improve it, but they have better things to work on.
But they have to improve a server. Imagine a server with People who don't swear, No hackers (No servers are like that, I said Imagine :D) But they can atleast improve it.

Steyro

Dedicated Member
Mar 23, 2016
Belgium
Not easy to use. When they are gonna add all the synonyms to the blacklist then you can't type normal anymore.

RockBob4

Dedicated Member
May 14, 2016
But they have to improve a server. Imagine a server with People who don't swear, No hackers (No servers are like that, I said Imagine :D) But they can atleast improve it.
It is really hard to make it perfect with all the the bypasses you can do. I rather have the devs working on free build and the anti-cheat system.

RockBob4

Dedicated Member
May 14, 2016
Imagine the devs spending their time doing all the possible varients of the word like you said for hack, but for every bad word.

Ping Ether

Forum Veteran
Jun 2, 2016
Italy
The only change I'd like of the anti-swear is with WTF and STFU. Because in the rules swearing requires three warnings but acronyms are allowed, while direct insults are not. So why is "WTF" censored when it's an acronym and not "STFU" which is way more direct and offensive?!

Reactions: Qin Shihuangdi

samitannir

Dedicated Member
Jul 24, 2016
Somewhere
Imagine the devs spending their time doing all the possible varients of the word like you said for hack, but for every bad word.
First of all, this wouldn't take any time. And second of all, don't be selfish thinking about yourself! Think about others, they are being made fun off while you are allowing this by posting this ridiculous reply. This would help the server.

Snodia

Forum Expert
Oct 18, 2015
deep inside my mind...
I understand and agree that the swear filter could be better. Though, that being said, you have to think about this from other points of view. You can't just stick any and every word/combination of letters into a filter. It makes for a messed up looking chat. Just like some suggesting that "ez" and other things be put in the filter, then players wouldn't be able to use many/any words with the letter combination that included the letters "e" and "z".

So, you can't have every single bad thing filtered or else no one would be able to chat or the chat would end up mangled and difficult to read. I think things are alright as they are now, if you see someone swear, then give them a warning. If they continue afterward then you may report them. I know this can be difficult in places such as 1v1 duels but if you get in another duel with them, they can be warned.

Ping Ether

Forum Veteran
Jun 2, 2016
Italy
I understand and agree that the swear filter could be better. Though, that being said, you have to think about this from other points of view. You can't just stick any and every word/combination of letters into a filter. It makes for a messed up looking chat. Just like some suggesting that "ez" and other things be put in the filter, then players wouldn't be able to use many/any words with the letter combination that included the letters "e" and "z".

So, you can't have every single bad thing filtered or else no one would be able to chat or the chat would end up mangled and difficult to read. I think things are alright as they are now, if you see someone swear, then give them a warning. If they continue afterward then you may report them. I know this can be difficult in places such as 1v1 duels but if you get in another duel with them, they can be warned.
What about WTF being not allowed even though being an undirect acronym while STFU being allowed when it's a direct insult?
Is there a word in the english (or any other language really) vocabulary that contains S-T-F-U in that order?

KidBit

Dedicated Member
May 9, 2016
Maple Syrup Land
it can be bypassed and i do agree that it coulud be better but the chat will look really really messed up if you take some letters away and if they add "Hax or Haks" to the filter then people will just find a new way of bypassing the filter and its also pretty hard to have a clean chat anyways

Snodia

Forum Expert
Oct 18, 2015
deep inside my mind...
What about WTF being not allowed even though being an undirect acronym while STFU being allowed when it's a direct insult?
Is there a word in the english (or any other language really) vocabulary that contains S-T-F-U in that order?
As far as I'm aware, "WTF" isn't filtered, nor is it punishable to say it once or twice. As for the "STFU", there's not a singular word but there are/can be phrases like "Ju'st fu'n" and I'm sure there are more, but that's just what I thought up off the top of my head.

Ping Ether

Forum Veteran
Jun 2, 2016
Italy
As far as I'm aware, "WTF" isn't filtered, nor is it punishable to say it once or twice. As for the "STFU", there's not a singular word but there are/can be phrases like "Ju'st fu'n" and I'm sure there are more, but that's just what I thought up off the top of my head.
WTF IS filtered.
Also that example was so forced :p
but I get your point.

RockBob4

Dedicated Member
May 14, 2016
First of all, this wouldn't take any time. And second of all, don't be selfish thinking about yourself! Think about others, they are being made fun off while you are allowing this by posting this ridiculous reply. This would help the server.
What do you mean it won't take any time? Seriously? "Others are being made fun of while I type?" . I rather have more games. I also experience games where people swear. I just don't think it's that big a deal. "stick and stones(and swords and axes)may break my bones, but words can never hurt me."
I know that is kind of babyish, but its true. You can also report them for swearing! Give them warnings and report. It is a little dramatic to say that others are being offended while i respond.

awesomebutter234

Jun 12, 2016
Better chat filter? Why just ignore them, it's not that hard and if they are really getting on your nerves with cursing just report them.

samitannir

Dedicated Member
Jul 24, 2016
Somewhere
What do you mean it won't take any time? Seriously? "Others are being made fun of while I type?" . I rather have more games. I also experience games where people swear. I just don't think it's that big a deal. "stick and stones(and swords and axes)may break my bones, but words can never hurt me."
I know that is kind of babyish, but its true. You can also report them for swearing! Give them warnings and report. It is a little dramatic to say that others are being offended while i respond.
Yeah, but whats stopping them from making the server better? Swearing is not allowed on this server and yet it is happening? I report swearers, but its hard to report when they finish the 1v1 PvP Duel (This is where I am not able to catch them). And how much would it take to add these words to the blacklist (Yet as @Snodia said, they can only add letters, which isn't really advanced...).

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

This is YOUR daily dose of facts #38-
A book called 'A la recherche du temps perdu' by Marcel Proust contains an estimated 9,609,000 characters, making it the longest book in the world. The title translates to "Remembrance of Things Past".
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Mintypie231's profile.
You are so close to 400!:D
ToonBer wrote on Frontlane's profile.
1713270171790.png
ToonBer wrote on Capitan's profile.
1713269798868.png
ToonBer wrote on JokeKaedee's profile.
hello there 🍰
Top Bottom