Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net
Status
Not open for further replies.

Divvy1

Dedicated Member
Oct 20, 2013
reddit.com/r/pcmasterrace
Pros for an AMD processor:

-Building an AMD system is cheaper and easier to overclock with decent ram. Intel motherboards and chipsets are more expensive and their low end models require great ram/ motherboard combination to clock well.

-AMD next generation architecture will fit in same socket as current and so will AM3. Intels next generation architecture will be the last before they switch to a new socket.

-AMD will have a native quad core which is more scalable than penryn quads because penryn core 2 architecture will need to change dramatically for scalability with more cores.(ex. IMC and CSI)

-AMD are developing more integrated solution with cpu/gpu on an architectural level. Intel is still pondering if this solution is warranted.
(Only some)

Divvy1

Dedicated Member
Oct 20, 2013
Pros for an Intel processor:

- Intel has faster architecture and will soon have greater instructions. AMD cannot compete with intel on speed and they are far behind in 45nm process.

-Intel has greater manufacturing capacity than AMD.They will soon have 4 new 45nm fabs with latest processes for developing state of the art technology.

-Intel processors can overclock extremely well compared to AMD. Some have stated that as much as 30%+ more performance gains in some benchmarks over AMD top end.

-Intel offers a quad solution for under 300USD. AMD has no competitor to this market. Intel will soon have a speed and instruction advantage over AMD. AMD Barcelona which is supposedly the competition will not have high clocks initially unlike penryn.

-Intel has more efficient quad processors than AMD. AMD top dual core consume more power than some of Intels quad-core offerings. AMD 2x2 solution is extremely inefficient.
(Only some)

SGTkuzey

Forum Expert
Oct 20, 2013
Mordor
Anyways, if I have to be serious I'd go with AMD for the cheap prices and well performance or Intel for the good old memories and really good performance. (I remember my Pentium 2 desktop... Good old days where I could only play Mine Sweeper...)

Divvy1

Dedicated Member
Oct 20, 2013
Anyways, if I have to be serious I'd go with AMD for the cheap prices and well performance or Intel for the good old memories and really good performance. (I remember my Pentium 2 desktop... Good old days where I could only play Mine Sweeper...)
Pentium 2. Wtf.... Also, I imagine it had like Windows 1.0. XD

SGTkuzey

Forum Expert
Oct 20, 2013
Mordor
image.jpg

Reactions: Divvy1

SGTkuzey

Forum Expert
Oct 20, 2013
Mordor
Oh gosh... Reliving my life, that was in my first computer. XD
Good ol' days... I remember playing a game about computer chips on that PC, or something like that at least, you had to get different gear to pass every puzzle on every level.

Jan 30, 2014
I go for amd all the way! AMD Graphics Card and Processor!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Sergiio12 wrote on LoveAndMafia's profile.
Alejaaaandro
Blom wrote on Lyriie's profile.
Lyriie, sorry for bullying you all the time :o
Ur an amazing staff member <3
mojang nerf mobile players pls
Someone nerfed me because I can't find those hidden chests as easily anymore.. I won't stop trying tho >:c
Top Bottom