Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Gives ToggleSprint modifications advantage? and should it be allowed according to you?

• ToggleSprint gives unfair advantage.

Votes: 14 36.8%
  • ToggleSprint doesn't give unfair advantage.

Votes: 10 26.3%
  • Yes, It should be allowed on the server.

Votes: 14 36.8%
  • No, it shouldn't be allowed on the server.

Votes: 19 50.0%

• Total voters

Power Ranger

Forum Professional
Apr 20, 2016
The ♡
www.cubecraft.net
Uh I don't think I understood you properly, but you're saying damage indicators gives you the advantage of what weapon you want to use? But that would hardly matter if you can't kill the person.
Yes if an opponent is at 3.5 hearts and you can see that you know that you can finish hem off with an axe crit unless they have full diamond or something. On the other hand, if an opponent is really low, around 1 heart, you know you can use a sword and not a slow axe to kill them. If both players were even of equal skill just with that knowledge the damage indicator user would have an advantage.

matcha

Forum Veteran
Nov 15, 2016
Droptown
Yes if an opponent is at 3.5 hearts and you can see that you know that you can finish hem off with an axe crit unless they have full diamond or something. On the other hand, if an opponent is really low, around 1 heart, you know you can use a sword and not a slow axe to kill them. If both players were even of equal skill just with that knowledge the damage indicator user would have an advantage.
Then again, even without the damage indicator, if all you had was a axe, you would use it. If you had toggle sprint, you would get the advantage I said in previous comments whether your opponent is low or not.

(Hopefully this isn't going too off topic :/)

Thibo_Skillzz

Mar 7, 2017
a place in Belgium
That's kind of the point with damage indicators. It tells you the health of the player, so you can make the choice of running or fighting. It doesn't really matter if you don't have damage indicators, since most of the time you would eventually fight it out. With toggle sprint, you can continuously gain advantage in PvP: as you don't have to worry about letting go of that crtl, constant w taps, etc.

Smart PvP VS PvP crutches
I just have a gaming mouse with some macro's on it. I can also hold it the whole game lol

Gainfullterror

Forum Professional
Mar 24, 2016
Breakfast for Dinner Club HQ
www.cubecraft.net
I see your point, but let's set a standard. Both players are equally geared and full health. Damage indicators wouldn't provide too much advantage, while toggle sprint would provide more. It's the difference between in fight and before fight.
And when is this ever the case? Almost never outside of duels.

you would get the advantage I said in previous comments whether your opponent is low or not.
Now, compare togglesprint to damage indicators.
Which has the bigger advantage, and why?

Reactions: Thibo_Skillzz

Baploon

Dedicated Member
Feb 29, 2016
i
So basically as the title says, allow the mod ToggleSprint. I mean how gives it an unfair advantage during gameplay. It just gives you convenience, if you want to argue about that, then what are general mods for? yea they're made to make your in-game experience more convenient. However even if it gave you advantage, what about Damage indicators, it shows someone's health which makes it way easier to make decisions, such as running away if you know you're losing, As well as it makes you able to see players while they're shifting/through walls, cause of the health tags

Anyways, back to ToggleSprint. I've noticed the new AC actually bans people for using ToggleSprint. Like permanent getting banned on the server for using a mod that allows you to sprint? What about I glue my CTRL button makes me that a rule-breaker? I could make a macro as well to do the same thing as togglesprint. Say if I hit CTRL, it will keep my sprint key held down until I hit CTRL again. Thats all the mod does. So I'm really curious how it gives an advantage.
It isnt only the CTRL button but with toggle sprint you can shift while chattig so for me a no -1

cocai

Dedicated Member
Dec 29, 2013
dubai
you can get toggle sprint and sneak on vanilla so i dont know why its not allowed lol

matcha

Forum Veteran
Nov 15, 2016
Droptown
And when is this ever the case? Almost never outside of duels.

I feel as if I am repeating myself over and over. Togglesprint guarantees advantages in fight, damage indicator doesn't always. Whether you lose in a fight matters not. You either get an advantage or not. Therefore togglesprint shouldn't be allowed.

Gainfullterror

Forum Professional
Mar 24, 2016
www.cubecraft.net
Togglesprint guarantees advantages in fight, damage indicator doesn't always. Whether you lose in a fight matters not. You either get an advantage or not. Therefore togglesprint shouldn't be allowed.
You didn't answer my question.
Let me simplify it: Why does togglesprint guarantee a bigger advantage over damage indicators? What is this so-called "advantage"?

matcha

Forum Veteran
Nov 15, 2016
Droptown
You didn't answer my question.
Let me simplify it: Why does togglesprint guarantee a bigger advantage over damage indicators? What is this so-called "advantage"?
This advantage I have mention previously. While damage indicators has its uses, it does not mean it is useful in every case. While toggle sprint is. Simple enough?

Gainfullterror

Forum Professional
Mar 24, 2016
www.cubecraft.net
This advantage I have mention previously. While damage indicators has its uses, it does not mean it is useful in every case. While toggle sprint is. Simple enough?
Before I go to a different point, give me some of the cases where damage indicators aren't useful compared to the togglesprint mod.

Why does togglesprint guarantee a bigger advantage over damage indicators? What is this so-called "advantage"?

Gainfullterror

Forum Professional
Mar 24, 2016
www.cubecraft.net
Duels, FFA (1.9 OP most of the time), eggwars in the beginning.
In duels, you might as well hold your control button own OR press it which means that it really isn't that useful. Same can go for damage indicators as it's ons fight that starts with equal gear.
In FFA you'd be better off using a damage indicator to see the amount of health someone is at. Almost nobody is going to be at full health when you fight them, which means you can pick off cheap kills.
In eggwars, sprinting is pretty much unnecessary as you'll be spending time by waiting on the generators to produce tokens. But then again, you won't need to have damage indicators when you take over another teams base, as you'd (most likely) target one player after another to take down the team.
Are these the only situations where toggle sprint can seem better than damage indicators?

Reactions: Empty Inside

matcha

Forum Veteran
Nov 15, 2016
Droptown
In duels, you might as well hold your control button own OR press it which means that it really isn't that useful. Same can go for damage indicators as it's ons fight that starts with equal gear.
In FFA you'd be better off using a damage indicator to see the amount of health someone is at. Almost nobody is going to be at full health when you fight them, which means you can pick off cheap kills.
In eggwars, sprinting is pretty much unnecessary as you'll be spending time by waiting on the generators to produce tokens. But then again, you won't need to have damage indicators when you take over another teams base, as you'd (most likely) target one player after another to take down the team.
Are these the only situations where toggle sprint can seem better than damage indicators?

There are more, after all like I said, togglesprint is basically a pvp crutch. You would rely on it mostly in a fight, for damage indicators sometimes it just comes to your pvp skills.

Gainfullterror

Forum Professional
Mar 24, 2016
www.cubecraft.net
There are more, after all like I said, togglesprint is basically a pvp crutch. You would rely on it mostly in a fight, for damage indicators sometimes it just comes to your pvp skills.
The thing is, you basically have toggle sprint if you rest your hand on the ctrl key when fighting.
Damage indicators provide something you can't really do in Vanilla.

matcha

Forum Veteran
Nov 15, 2016
Droptown
The thing is, you basically have toggle sprint if you rest your hand on the ctrl key when fighting.
Damage indicators provide something you can't really do in Vanilla.

I'm sure you know what W-tapping is. So when you w-tap, your sprint is reset so you would have to press your sprint key again. With toggle sprint you don't have to. It also allows you to keep your sprint while w-tapping which means you can have a constant combo on. This is practically also applied to some hits you get in pvp.

While damage indicators is only advantageous to those who use it like you do. Some people use it just for the heck of it.

Gainfullterror

Forum Professional
Mar 24, 2016
www.cubecraft.net
I'm sure you know what W-tapping is. So when you w-tap, your sprint is reset so you would have to press your sprint key again. With toggle sprint you don't have to. It also allows you to keep your sprint while w-tapping which means you can have a constant combo on. This is practically also applied to some hits you get in pvp.
What I do to stop sprinting during a fight:
I let go of all controls and jump straight back onto them EXCEPT for the sprint key. This works perfectly when I perform a crit, and togglesprint would just get in the way. This way of hitting can be applied to 1.8 as well, since it provides less knockback.

While damage indicators is only advantageous to those who use it like you do. Some people use it just for the heck of it.
Barely anyone downloads something "just to have it and never make use of it"
The whole "only few people use it" as an argument doesn't work out well, as it just further proves my point.

matcha

Forum Veteran
Nov 15, 2016
Droptown
What I do to stop sprinting during a fight:
I let go of all controls and jump straight back onto them EXCEPT for the sprint key. This works perfectly when I perform a crit, and togglesprint would just get in the way. This way of hitting can be applied to 1.8 as well, since it provides less knockback.

Barely anyone downloads something "just to have it and never make use of it"
The whole "only few people use it" as an argument doesn't work out well, as it just further proves my point.

That's still a subjective way to support your argument. Sure critical is crucial to pvp, but I hardly doubt too many people are good at it. For one, you are in mid air, exposing yourself to the player. You will have to perfectly time your hits and aim. But the players who don't use critical as much as you probably do, will stay on ground. When you w tap you're opponents has more kb on their screen, but not on yours. Every time you break a sprint, you don't have to press "w" again. You can keep your hands glue to it. Therefore a steady combo. Now add this with strafes.

Now I know players who use damage indicators just so they can see a players health. Not to use it as strategically as you do.

Once again, the optimum usage of damage indicators and it's effectiveness also relies on your skill as a player. If you can't beat the other player it makes damage indicators useless. But if you have toggle sprint you can gain certain advantages while in fight. The other person can be playing without toggle sprint and find himself suddenly in a combo that is pretty hard to counter (since you have something providing help).

Reactions: Gainfullterror
Members Online

Members online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Otherworld wrote on RobinDn's profile.
Thank you for the follow!
UncleSpect wrote on GiGaGekkies's profile.
You are amazing <3
GiGaGekkies wrote on Ferrcho's profile.
Ola! Happy Birthday! :)
GiGaGekkies wrote on Roxlad's profile.
Happy Birthday <3
Top Bottom