Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Should this be added (Read whole thread)(Multiple Votes)

• Yes

• No (Explain why)

• I have changes that I would like to suggest

Results are only viewable after voting.

Technosword

Forum Expert
Apr 21, 2020
US
Now, before you say there is no need for this, hear me out. I main 1.8 PvP and when I want to play with my friends they usually play 1.9+ and since Cubecraft doesn’t have crossplay between the 2 versions it becomes a pain. What I’m proposing is a way to let 1.9+ users join the 1.8 server. (Only this way around, 1.8 players can not join 1.9 for compatibility reasons) Cubecraft already has plugins that have some of the old combat mechanics, so I believe that this should relatively easy to implement. I have my own server and have tested this extensively and it works on a large scale too. (Look at Hypixel) Shields work as blocking a sword and it can remove the attack cool down too.
So how exactly would players connect to the 1.8 server if they’re on 1.9+? It’s simple, all they have to do is get a party invite, or send a party invite to someone on 1.8 and then accept a chat message that alerts them they are moving to the 1.8 server. It’s as easy as that! You could also make it a command/setting to move to the 1.8 server without the party invite mechanism. Please let me know your thoughts in your replies! (Sorry for messy thread on mobile)

Færøyene

Novice Member
Apr 29, 2020
local group
It would be possible if the whole network runs on 1.9+ software. But 1.8 and 1.9+ networks are separate(I could be wrong about this but it seems to be).

So it won't work.

Sorry for any grammatical mistakes.

Technosword

Forum Expert
Apr 21, 2020
US
It would be possible if the whole network runs on 1.9+ software. But 1.8 and 1.9+ networks are separate(I could be wrong about this but it seems to be).

So it won't work.

Sorry for any grammatical mistakes.
Yes, but I think it is still possible for this to work if they are separate servers. Maybe they could make a new server that allows this crossplay. They don’t exactly have to do it my way, but it’d be nice to see crossplay.

Livvv

Pineapplerator - Daily Quotes
Team CubeCraft
🔨 Moderator
Mar 27, 2017
Swedish noodles
Honestly, I kinda don't agree with this. Personally I play both 1.8 and 1.9 and I don't have any issues with it being different "platforms" or anything. I think that this would be quite messy or require work that isn't that urgent or needed.

Even if everything with the combat would work and that the server would be able to support it, I don't see any point in it.

Technosword

Forum Expert
Apr 21, 2020
US
Honestly, I kinda don't agree with this. Personally I play both 1.8 and 1.9 and I don't have any issues with it being different "platforms" or anything. I think that this would be quite messy or require work that isn't that urgent or needed.

Even if everything with the combat would work and that the server would be able to support it, I don't see any point in it.
I agree with this, there is not really much demand for it. It’s just annoying that you can’t have crossplay on Cubecraft, but this isn’t a problem for most. Thanks for the feedback!

D

Deleted member 421664

No, we would like that, because some people love to play 1.9+ and other people love to play 1.8 PVP.

I disagree you, Thanks.

YeaUhm

Mar 15, 2020
Mars
Its good how it is currently, otherwise it might be going to be messy. I

Gson

Novice Member
Feb 19, 2020
England
github.com
CubeCraft is better to ignore 1.8 & 1.9 cross protcol support. This would mean an influx in hackers in matches where players are using 1.9 or above. Hacked clients operate differently on versions that are 1.9+, due to the combat system being different. Keeping the players seperate also means less coding for the developers. They would have revamp the combat system in 1.9+ to function similar to 1.8, as there is things such as AOE and Slowed down combat timers.

Ferrcho

Jun 24, 2019
Spain
Now, before you say there is no need for this, hear me out. I main 1.8 PvP and when I want to play with my friends they usually play 1.9+ and since Cubecraft doesn’t have crossplay between the 2 versions it becomes a pain. What I’m proposing is a way to let 1.9+ users join the 1.8 server. (Only this way around, 1.8 players can not join 1.9 for compatibility reasons) Cubecraft already has plugins that have some of the old combat mechanics, so I believe that this should relatively easy to implement. I have my own server and have tested this extensively and it works on a large scale too. (Look at Hypixel) Shields work as blocking a sword and it can remove the attack cool down too.
So how exactly would players connect to the 1.8 server if they’re on 1.9+? It’s simple, all they have to do is get a party invite, or send a party invite to someone on 1.8 and then accept a chat message that alerts them they are moving to the 1.8 server. It’s as easy as that! You could also make it a command/setting to move to the 1.8 server without the party invite mechanism. Please let me know your thoughts in your replies! (Sorry for messy thread on mobile)

I don't think that's going to be very funny for many people in the community, because when you're in a game there may be 1.8/1.9 players, and 1.8 players may have more advantages when it comes to hitting faster. I vote no.

Last edited:

LoveAndMafia

Dedicated Member
Oct 16, 2016
Spain
Pronouns
He/Him
I don't think that's going to be very funny for many people in the community, because when you're in a game there may be 1.8/1.9 players, and 1.8 players may have more advantages when it comes to hitting faster. I vote no.

Java -> FerminTorno18

Rank -> Diamond

Discord -> FerminTorno18#9511
i think that 2

Technosword

Forum Expert
Apr 21, 2020
US
I’m not sure if you completely understand my suggestion, there are ways to remove the attack cool down. It’s also extremely easy to implement on a server.

Ferrcho

Jun 24, 2019
Spain
I’m not sure if you completely understand my suggestion, there are ways to remove the attack cool down. It’s also extremely easy to implement on a server.

Well, maybe that's it, which I didn't quite understand. But as you say it's very difficult to cross play between those two versions.

Ferrcho

Jun 24, 2019
Spain
:D :D It's okay to do what you can and what you want, but you have to understand something

ImLeyre

Jan 15, 2019
I think version 1.8 and 1.9 are totally incompatible and it will never be possible to crossplay with them. In version 1.9 the shield prevents some blows, which in 1.8 it is not. On the other hand, in 1.8 you can use the block hit as a form of advantage and in 1.9 you can't.

Reactions: Alexp192

Ferrcho

Jun 24, 2019
Spain
I think version 1.8 and 1.9 are totally incompatible and it will never be possible to crossplay with them. In version 1.9 the shield prevents some blows, which in 1.8 it is not. On the other hand, in 1.8 you can use the block hit as a form of advantage and in 1.9 you can't.

I think you said the answer that some people needed to know

Reactions: ImLeyre

Ferrcho

Jun 24, 2019
Spain
Yea, though I think the party idea is dumb, there should just be 2 options when you click on skywars or whatever; 1.8 and 1.9. Also 1.8 assi when

It is not as easy as you think because they are two different versions, that is to say totally different. Read ImLeyre commentary.

5Stars

Novice Member
Dec 11, 2016
Bedroom
Crossplay as in one person uses 1.8 against another who is using 1.9 pvp mchanics? Both are completely different styles of pvp. Crossplay will not work.

Ferrcho

Jun 24, 2019
Spain
Crossplay as in one person uses 1.8 against another who is using 1.9 pvp mchanics? Both are completely different styles of pvp. Crossplay will not work.

Of course, it's a good thing there's one person who realizes and stops to think how absurd it would be

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

denki_kiri wrote on savina875's profile.
Thanks for the follow :D
Desiderata wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
eggs age over time

how curious
C95689C6-C73E-40B4-9CD7-76C479A7E2D5.png

Here’s my son, I made him in biology today! Say hi to Jimothy!
UncleSpect wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Happy birthday! 🎈
Desiderata wrote on savina875's profile.
thabks 4 folow
Top Bottom