Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Should there be a report option for sabotage (non-hacking) in Blockwars?

• Total voters

dimandre

Jul 27, 2023
I think we should be able to report players that contribute to a negative experience in game by working against their own team (mega Blockwars specifically). Here are some examples of what I'm taking about:
  1. destroying ladders the whole team is using
  2. using a fishing rod to REDACTED with teammates
  3. getting in teammates' space to prevent them from building/breaking blocks
  4. building blocks around teammates to block them in
At least one of the above happens in probably 25-50% of the games I join and its clear that the bad actors are just doing it because they know we can't TK them. Given that introducing teamkilling would lead to much worse problems, I propose a single report option for 'sabotage/anti-team conduct'.

To be clear, my argument is NOT to just ban any player that gets reported for these things, but for mods to ban players that accumulate a certain number of reports in a given time period, let's say three in a week or 10 in a month. Its still subjective, but if someone's getting frequently reported by multiple different people, its a pretty good bet they're being a REDACTED.

What do others think? Personally I can't stand when someone is doing the above things - you basically have to work to correct the sabotage of your own teammates or log off.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hoshi

Speedy Wing Rush Gonzales
Aug 4, 2017
meow meow
youtube.com
Pronouns
She/Her
Hey!

Team killing - or generally disrupting fellow teammates’ gameplay - is already considered punishable. You can always report the players who you think are doing just that with evidence through the forums (Java) (Bedrock).

Also, it might be better to refrain from using swear words in posts on the Forums.

dimandre

Jul 27, 2023
Hey!

Team killing - or generally disrupting fellow teammates’ gameplay - is already considered punishable. You can always report the players who you think are doing just that with evidence through the forums (Java) (Bedrock).

Also, it might be better to refrain from using swear words in posts on the Forums.
Good to know we can use the forum to report, but my proposal is to add an in-game report option using /sr

Hoshi

Speedy Wing Rush Gonzales
Aug 4, 2017
meow meow
youtube.com
Pronouns
She/Her
Good to know we can use the forum to report, but my proposal is to add an in-game report option using /sr
This will simply be a waste of time for staff as there is zero guarantee the players will team troll again after doing so to you. They don’t have the time to sit there following this one player around to try and catch them in the act of it again.

Sentinel reports (/sr or /report) are used for cheaters only. They are likely and mostly urgent reports after all.

The best option is to gather the evidence of them doing so in the first place and then reporting it on the Forums.

• Agree
Reactions: muffin294

dimandre

Jul 27, 2023
This will simply be a waste of time for staff as there is zero guarantee the players will team troll again after doing so to you. They don’t have the time to sit there following this one player around to try and catch them in the act of it again.

Sentinel reports (/sr or /report) are used for cheaters only. They are likely and mostly urgent reports after all.

The best option is to gather the evidence of them doing so in the first place and then reporting it on the Forums.
I don't see why the mods would have to review every report; if someone has 10 reports for the same offense in a short timespan, I imagine they can see that and ban that person with little effort

Roxrock

Mar 6, 2023
Andromeda
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
I don't see why the mods would have to review every report; if someone has 10 reports for the same offense in a short timespan, I imagine they can see that and ban that person with little effort
Someone could create 10 separate accounts or use there friends to falsely report someone in order to get them banned.

muffin294

Novice Member
May 15, 2021
Pronouns
He/Him
In blockwars giga especially, I understand that trolls are a major issue, but it’s also something that you have to deal with. There is no way to collect evidence with this report, and trolls are a given no matter where you go. It sucks to deal with these people, but some short-term solutions include: building new ladders and bridges, using a fishing rod to kick them off the bridge and ultimately discourage them, or sometimes just finding a new instance with less trolls

O1t24277

Feb 3, 2022
India
Pronouns
He/Him
I think we should be able to report players that contribute to a negative experience in game by working against their own team (mega Blockwars specifically). Here are some examples of what I'm taking about:
  1. destroying ladders the whole team is using
  2. using a fishing rod to fuck with teammates
  3. getting in teammates' space to prevent them from building/breaking blocks
  4. building blocks around teammates to block them in
At least one of the above happens in probably 25-50% of the games I join and its clear that the bad actors are just doing it because they know we can't TK them. Given that introducing teamkilling would lead to much worse problems, I propose a single report option for 'sabotage/anti-team conduct'.

To be clear, my argument is NOT to just ban any player that gets reported for these things, but for mods to ban players that accumulate a certain number of reports in a given time period, let's say three in a week or 10 in a month. Its still subjective, but if someone's getting frequently reported by multiple different people, its a pretty good bet they're being a dick.

What do others think? Personally I can't stand when someone is doing the above things - you basically have to work to correct the sabotage of your own teammates or log off.
You can report those players in the forum creating a report,
Adding an in game report option won't really work because well the staff wouldn't be able to see and if the player get like 10 reports there may be possibilities of following things.
- Players may log off.
- Players may stop doing punishable things until staff arrives.
- There may not be any staff available at the time of report.

So it will be best to record the rule breakers and make a player report on forums with proper evidence and the rule breakers would be punished if the evidence is valid and proves it.

Reactions: hexor404_ and Hoshi

dimandre

Jul 27, 2023
You can report those players in the forum creating a report,
Adding an in game report option won't really work because well the staff wouldn't be able to see and if the player get like 10 reports there may be possibilities of following things.
- Players may log off.
- Players may stop doing punishable things until staff arrives.
- There may not be any staff available at the time of report.

So it will be best to record the rule breakers and make a player report on forums with proper evidence and the rule breakers would be punished if the evidence is valid and proves it.

I don't see why we should apply real world standards of prosecution to Minecraft. If someone gets reported 10 times for the same behavior, let's temp ban them regardless of whether there's a mod to verify it. If there's no mod online, have them review the logs after the fact and take retroactive action

dimandre

Jul 27, 2023
Someone could create 10 separate accounts or use there friends to falsely report someone in order to get them banned.
I respectfully disagree. The root cause of the problem is kids trying to get a reaction out of people in game. They break ladders, for example, hoping people will comment in the team chat to tell them to stop doing it. And its always individual actors, not parties of malicious actors

There's 0 edginess value in going through lots of effort to report an innocent player you'll never see again. I don't even know how long it would take to make 10 minecraft accounts

Roxrock

Mar 6, 2023
Andromeda
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
I respectfully disagree. The root cause of the problem is kids trying to get a reaction out of people in game. They break ladders, for example, hoping people will comment in the team chat to tell them to stop doing it. And its always individual actors, not parties of malicious actors

There's 0 edginess value in going through lots of effort to report an innocent player you'll never see again. I don't even know how long it would take to make 10 minecraft account
The problem is that you can create alt accounts for free on mobile easily, and if these bans are made automatically, someone could potentially ban tens or hundreds of players before being caught especially if they find a way to automate this process. If they are punished for doing this, they can create another alt account anyway. The people who do this aren’t kids who want revenge because a player killed them in game, they are trolls who do everything in their power to undermine cubecraft and attack the server’s players. I’m sure many cubecraft partners and members of these forums would be their first targets. In my opinion, it is only fair to ban someone if a moderator made the final decision, as they would ideally have an unbiased view and care about the servers’ players. Even though your proposed system would mean moderators wouldn’t have to work in order to ban these players, an increase In false reports would increase the number of ban appeals, which means cubecraft’s staff would still have to work harder anyway.

• Heart
Reactions: Hoshi

JustNathie

♡ Moderator ♡
Team CubeCraft
🔨 Moderator
Jul 15, 2022
Out of this world 🪐
/sr can be fabricated. A player could ask his party members to file a report for the same person, especially in a large game like BW Giga. If you are better than me, i'd definitely ask my party members to report you. Yes, the stuff can still review incase someone is actually breaking the rules, but can still be misleading to rely on a lot of reports coming from many people about one person.

O1t24277

Feb 3, 2022
India
Pronouns
He/Him
I don't see why we should apply real world standards of prosecution to Minecraft. If someone gets reported 10 times for the same behavior, let's temp ban them regardless of whether there's a mod to verify it. If there's no mod online, have them review the logs after the fact and take retroactive action
In this case let me give you an example.
I have 5 devices with minecraft and different alt, similarly I get my friends to do the same we now have like 15-20 devices each with a different Id.
Now we all log on cubecraft and find a random player let's say it's you and we all report you for autoclicking and you get temp banned because of the thing you said and now tell me how mods should be able to check logs for autoclicking because autoclicking can be of 1cps, 5, 10, 20 it goes onn. And this basically give the players the permission of banning anyone on the server.

So this doesn't make sense to be there.

Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

This is fr me during bedwars
RDT_20240427_1241257018540164098121553.png
I'm here!
(i'm everywhere)
qKhalidd wrote on camulos's profile.
happy birthday!
Casualpoalrbear wrote on WorriedSkate940's profile.
Congrats in helper. I know you do great

(Also nice change to your PFP)
Top Bottom