Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Vote here, thank you

• Implement weekly leaderboards!

• Implement monthly leaderboards!

• Implement yearly leaderboards!

• Implement all leadereboard types suggested & the rewards suggested!

• Implement all leaderboard types suggested & with a different rewarding system!

• Implement all leaderboard types suggested & without a rewarding system

• Implement nothin'

• limonade

Results are only viewable after voting.

LeCastel

Dedicated Member
Aug 23, 2016
The Shattered Plains
I really don't care whether I win a game or not. The 'tryhards' often are better at PvP than I am. My problem with them is the extreme negativity they bring with them when they lose the game.

Of course they are. But I don't think it's nice to see that after a game, you see half of the people have said: no gg / noob / bowspammer / lagger / whatever, just because they are mad they didn't get the win for the leaderboards.

From my experience the real tryhard leave as soon as they get killed, presumably to get into the next game as soon as possible. Also, I don't think you should be playing any online game if "no gg / noob / bowspammer / lagger" bugs you. And besides, negativity will never go away. You can't stop it. Cubecraft has a terribly annoying filter which makes you type out sentences without any curses 3 times before you can actually say what you want, but you can still curse in so many ways.

And thinking that tryhards are the main source of negativity is just plain ignorant as well.

Shallidor

Dedicated Member
Feb 2, 2018
That'll - unfortunately - never dissapear

From my experience the real tryhard leave as soon as they get killed, presumably to get into the next game as soon as possible. Also, I don't think you should be playing any online game if "no gg / noob / bowspammer / lagger" bugs you. And besides, negativity will never go away. You can't stop it. Cubecraft has a terribly annoying filter which makes you type out sentences without any curses 3 times before you can actually say what you want, but you can still curse in so many ways.

And thinking that tryhards are the main source of negativity is just plain ignorant as well.

It doesn't bug me, I like it when tryhards get mad because I kill them with a bow. But stating that the problem will never disappear, is not a reason to not care about increasing the problem.

Perhaps I encounter a lot more salt because I take the bow kit and shoot speedbridgers off.
It's just my opinion that I think the leaderboards will increase the negativity, which is hard to deny. I do agree that the current leaderboards are pretty much impossible to reach, so there is reason to add this.

Chum Chum

Jun 7, 2018
That'll - unfortunately - never dissapear
I disagree with you.
If we remove the chat filter, I believe that a very large amount of negativity will disappear from public chat.

- When players lose, they get frustrated.
That frustration grows when you had lost because of lag, or something beyond your capability to control.
And because you can't express your anger in chat, that anger is expressed through channeling your anger to insult your opponent, and also doing it to a group of players. Whether if it's justified or not, removing the chat-filter should help.

- "Usually tryhards are better at pvp than me"
if [Better] players (LOSE) -> frustration = high.
High frustration -> anger.
If [Anger] has nowhere to go -> insults.

LeCastel

Dedicated Member
Aug 23, 2016
The Shattered Plains
I disagree with you.
If we remove the chat filter, I believe that a very large amount of negativity will disappear from public chat.

- When players lose, they get frustrated.
That frustration grows when you had lost because of lag, or something beyond your capability to control.
And because you can't express your anger in chat, that anger is expressed through channeling your anger to insult your opponent, and also doing it to a group of players. Whether if it's justified or not, removing the chat-filter should help.

I'm all for removing the chat filter. It does not stop negativity, however it does stop normal conversations. And then you have to figure out what word is causing your sentences to be blocked by the filter. Beyond annoying.

Shallidor

Dedicated Member
Feb 2, 2018

When I said 'tryhards are better at PvP than I am', I meant better at sword PvP. That doesn't make them the better player, because I can still kill them by being smarter.

You do have a nice theory, but doesn't the anger go towards the other player anyway, even without chat filter?

Chum Chum

Jun 7, 2018
When I said 'tryhards are better at PvP than I am', I meant better at sword PvP. That doesn't make them the better player, because I can still kill them by being smarter.

You do have a nice theory, but doesn't the anger go towards the other player anyway, even without chat filter?
Technically no.
I mean, it depends on the person, how the fight was affected, and all kinds of stuff.

Members Online

Members online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Rocks1 wrote on Ivaann's profile.
hbd
Kazwa wrote on Ivaann's profile.
happy birthday! 🎉
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on _DrStrange_'s profile.
Happy Birthday I hope you have an awesome day today!:D
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Ivaann's profile.
Happy Birthday!:D
Top Bottom