Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Add Inappropriate Language as an offence.

• Total voters

Dutchyyy

Forum Expert
Feb 11, 2016
The Netherlands
Pronouns
He/Him
Hi all! :)

As the title says - I would like to see Inappropriate Language being added as an offence on the reporting site. It is not a big thing but I think it is better. Some words/sentences are not really swearing but not allowed. I see a lot of drug/sexual references in chat or players being disrespectful and I think those players should get reported for inappropriate language instead of swearing.

Please let me know what you think.
Have a nice day and stay safe! :)

- Dutch

Reactions: Axyy and Bubbeltjes

Lukejvc

Sep 9, 2017
Sweden
Yes, that's a good idea. It Will be more easier to report chat rule breakers if they add that option. That's +1 yes from me

Reactions: Dutchyyy

remio

Forum Professional
Sep 18, 2016
The Netherlands
www.youtube.com
In the end, it's actually the same
You report them for offensive language in chat, and then the staff members decides whether to put "Threating", "Innappropriate language" or "Swearing" as reason of their punishment
Swearing and inappropriate language is practically the same. So changing it probably won't help. I don't think the term ''swearing'' causes confusion, it's really general. Swearing can be targetted chat offence or just one word that can offend players. It just depends on what the player is saying.
This basically

Reactions: Josher

Krqpton

Apr 7, 2020
United States
Hi all! :)

As the title says - I would like to see Inappropriate Language being added as an offence on the reporting site. It is not a big thing but I think it is better. Some words/sentences are not really swearing but not allowed. I see a lot of drug/sexual references in chat or players being disrespectful and I think those players should get reported for inappropriate language instead of swearing.

Please let me know what you think.
Have a nice day and stay safe! :)

- Dutch
I kind of agree with you dutch. I don't think everything is swearing. Maybe they can justify it so if they say something bad or sexual in the chat then they can report it. I think they should combine it all together, and then they can report for any of them.

Dutchyyy

Forum Expert
Feb 11, 2016
The Netherlands
Pronouns
He/Him
Inappropriate language results in a swearing punishment. Swearing is already a type on the site. It’s like adding a “Blocking people with obsidian and spam kill them in EggWars” type to the site. Imo there’s no need to add “sub-“types.
I understand what you mean, but I don't see it as a ''sub-type''. Inappropriate language and swearing are not the same. Inappropriate language could be a combination of sexual-& drug related messages & player disrespect.

Reactions: Axyy

Axyy

Forum Expert
Oct 18, 2016
Gone
www.cubecraft.net
Yet it has the same punishment track, so for us ~ mods ~ it is a sub-type.
If it has the same punishment track then why are there multiple "cheating" subtypes?
XQ93sOi.png

If we already have subtypes for "Use of illegal clients" then, in my opinion, it wouldn't hurt adding "Inappropriate Language" as another "Chat Offense Sub-type" since some people may not know what kind of offense they should select for their report if "Inappropriate Language" is not listed there.

(Edit) Addition: It just makes it easier for some people, no harm in adding it. (in my opinion)

remio

Forum Professional
Sep 18, 2016
The Netherlands
www.youtube.com
If it has the same punishment track then why are there multiple "cheating" subtypes?
XQ93sOi.png

If we already have subtypes for "Use of illegal clients" then, in my opinion, it wouldn't hurt adding "Inappropriate Language" as another "Chat Offense Sub-type" since some people may not know what kind of offense they should select for their report if "Inappropriate Language" is not listed there.
Because those tags could make it easier for staff to detect a certain cheat if it's not clear, while chat offenses are very clear as they're literally chat messages.

Axyy

Forum Expert
Oct 18, 2016
Gone
www.cubecraft.net
Because those tags could make it easier for staff to detect a certain cheat if it's not clear, while chat offenses are very clear as they're literally chat messages.
I understand, but if adding "Inappropriate Language" makes it easier for players then why wouldn't it be added?

Having sub-types for "Use of illegal clients" makes it easier for staff, having sub-types for "Chat Abuse" makes it easier for reporters. Yet, there's "No reason" to add the chat abuse sub-type. (According to Keanu)

its_Marto03

Nov 13, 2017
Dog's Land
I don’t think it’s necessary, because you can use the swearing reports section.
It counts under the same offence.
I was thinking the same, Does this suggestion affects to the advertising/spamming section? please explaing a little bit.
Waiting for more info.

Fesa

Quality Assurance
Team CubeCraft
🧪 Quality Assurance
💌 Customer Support
Oct 17, 2016
Yoitsu
Pronouns
She/Her
I see what Keanu said and understand where they are coming from, so I would just rename the swearing to swearing / Inappropriate Language as it might be confusing for players making their first report. So this doesn't make it more complicated for staff but makes it clearer for the players. Seems like an elegant solution to me!

The only problem that might arise, might be how does one define "Inappropriate Language", that's not an easy task since a lot of players find other things inappropriate than others. So staff should be very careful with that rule and make it really clear.

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Reesle wrote on Res734's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🥳
Reesle wrote on BladeBreakerMC's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🎂
I've really enjoyed this video, take a look, it is really interesting :D
UncleSpect wrote on TheOrderOfSapphire's profile.
The Lord 🤍
Reesle wrote on Dualninja's profile.
Hey Dual! 👋
How are you doing? :)
Top Bottom