Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

EnderMC546

Sep 3, 2016
Too many occasions happen where one or both people do not have eggs, and it's just a waiting game to see who crosses first or who gets shot off first. Another option would be to remove bows since that is the main reason people camp at their bases. Either add Ender pearls or remove bows, but one way or another we have to change something because I'm tired of having a game that should last no more than 30 minutes, 40 at most, last an hour or more because of some camper with a bow. Usually, it doesn't matter because I can stack over and not care if I die, but when a rusher broke my egg in the first 5 minutes of the game, it makes it difficult, pretty much impossible to win. Another Idea would be to allow only players without eggs to buy Ender pearls. The job of server staff is to make it an enjoyable time for everyone, and I am damn sure I'm not the only one with this issue. Consider it.

Reactions: 6views_

CommandantSlime

Novice Member
Jan 16, 2017
Too many occasions happen where one or both people do not have eggs, and it's just a waiting game to see who crosses first or who gets shot off first. Another option would be to remove bows since that is the main reason people camp at their bases. Either add Ender pearls or remove bows, but one way or another we have to change something because I'm tired of having a game that should last no more than 30 minutes, 40 at most, last an hour or more because of some camper with a bow. Usually, it doesn't matter because I can stack over and not care if I die, but when a rusher broke my egg in the first 5 minutes of the game, it makes it difficult, pretty much impossible to win. Another Idea would be to allow only players without eggs to buy Ender pearls. The job of server staff is to make it an enjoyable time for everyone, and I am damn sure I'm not the only one with this issue. Consider it.

1. I've made a post somewhat like this before and I have to say, now I have realized just why people got so annoyed at me. I have to agree with what they told me, just deal with the annoying strategy (in this case camping).

2. There is NO way they will remove bows, they are an instrumental part of the game.

3.I think no game should last under 30 minutes. That's why there's speed mode. I've played games that last 4 hours, and those are fun. I don't camp in the extreme ways that are punishable, but I do camp in the smaller ways that I'm sure everyone does. I build a fort and a protected bridge, and guard. Then attack. Then win.

4.I just quit when a rusher breaks my egg early game. It's not worth the time to try to win a game like that.

5. The suggestions you've made to make them not OP would not fit in with the rest of the game. It's very complicated, and I like the game simple. I just think that e-pearls shouldn't be added.

A better fix would be to add some kind of draw system. Maybe after 2 hours, the game would end in a draw, and no one would win, but you would get half the points of winning. Or they could add a map crumble like another server. I don't remember if it's Hypixel or Mineplex, but it's on sky wars. Maybe it's on Cubecrafts, I dunno. Anyways, that would stop camping and force players inwards, towards mid.

TripleAAA

Mar 6, 2017
I would like to make some suggestions regarding my favorite game on your server, Egg wars. So far I love the game and think you have done a fabulous job in making it a fun and fair environment...more or less.
***​
I have a few teensy issues with non-op rounds. Sometimes, and by sometimes I mean almost all the time, there are those players who refuse to fight, and make games last far too long by not attacking and simply camping out on their base. I have had many encounters with players who insist on dragging games out to the point where it is beyond annoying. They simply sit on their heavily guarded island with a punch bow and don't move at all. Using a bow in return does not help as they just get behind a wall and eat a golden apple. Even if I could kill them, they already have replacement bows, and I still cannot stack over. The simple fix would be to add ender pearls to the normal shop, for 2 stacks of diamonds, or perhaps 1 stack of emeralds if they are added to all maps. Or if you would like, you can come up with another plan for getting them.
***​
Please consider adding this, since I and many other people would love this addition to the game. Thank you.
I completely agree with this, i am a very "aggressive/fighting" player and often get annoyed with campers

Sno Universe

Nov 18, 2016
I would like to make some suggestions regarding my favorite game on your server, Egg wars. So far I love the game and think you have done a fabulous job in making it a fun and fair environment...more or less.
***​
I have a few teensy issues with non-op rounds. Sometimes, and by sometimes I mean almost all the time, there are those players who refuse to fight, and make games last far too long by not attacking and simply camping out on their base. I have had many encounters with players who insist on dragging games out to the point where it is beyond annoying. They simply sit on their heavily guarded island with a punch bow and don't move at all. Using a bow in return does not help as they just get behind a wall and eat a golden apple. Even if I could kill them, they already have replacement bows, and I still cannot stack over. The simple fix would be to add ender pearls to the normal shop, for 2 stacks of diamonds, or perhaps 1 stack of emeralds if they are added to all maps. Or if you would like, you can come up with another plan for getting them.
***​
Please consider adding this, since I and many other people would love this addition to the game. Thank you.
1 STACK OF EMERALDS?!?!?!? lol thats a lot... Maybe just stick with 2 stacks of diamonds - lol... But I definitely agree

Sno Universe

Nov 18, 2016
Removing bows is a very bad idea because it is what half of players live and win off of. Also I love bows they shouldn't be taken away.

Sno Universe

Nov 18, 2016
the reason why E pearls are only in OP is because E pearls themself are OP and camping is against the rules if they camp and do that like making a fort or a skybase with no bridge to mid after a couple warnings you can record and report them it is bannable for about 1 day

e pearls would be too OP for normal Eggwars
Please explain, I don't see how it would be too op, since everyone could get them...

LeCastel

Dedicated Member
Aug 23, 2016
The Shattered Plains
First of all. I would say that bowspam isn't even a problem. It's one of the two ways you can fight in this game, so why shouldn't one use it. I spam with my sword in OP (to break armor rapidly) and no one has a problem with that? Yes, it can be annoying bowspammers but you can deal with it. It's a legit way of fighting if you would ask me. Also many players don't seem to understand what bowspam is. If your whole team is coming to mid and I need three arrows to kill of of you: it is NOT bowspam.

I wouldn't mind Enderpearls in normal mode, but they certainly aren't necessary and make OP a little bit more unique?

Reactions: CommandantSlime

TheBrownster

Forum Expert
Jun 10, 2016
A Pasture
First of all. I would say that bowspam isn't even a problem. It's one of the two ways you can fight in this game, so why shouldn't one use it. I spam with my sword in OP (to break armor rapidly) and no one has a problem with that? Yes, it can be annoying bowspammers but you can deal with it. It's a legit way of fighting if you would ask me. Also many players don't seem to understand what bowspam is. If your whole team is coming to mid and I need three arrows to kill of of you: it is NOT bowspam.

I wouldn't mind Enderpearls in normal mode, but they certainly aren't necessary and make OP a little bit more unique?
I doesn't seem you have met an actual bowspammer then if you say it isn't a problem. Bowspammers, or more specifically island hopping bowspammers, are people who won't actually fight you. They stand on island a bridge away from you and continuously shoot at you. You can't bridge because the punch bow knocks you away from the block or you risk your life to even place down blocks and they won't come to you. If you manage to get the jump on them, they simply run to a nearby island and you have to repeat the whole ordeal again. A bit of a problem. The difference between sword spamming and bow spamming is that sword spamming doesn't actually deal excessive knock back. You are hitting to break armor to fight them easier later on. Bow spamming doesn't break armor as fast and is a way of non-fighting. You are shooting them away from you, not killing them (unless you shoot them off an edge), just prolonging the fight.
As you said, shooting at people crossing a bridge is not bowspam.
(To clarify, this is not in support of adding enderpearls to normal. I think enderpearls should be op exclusive. I just wanted to really describe out why bowspamming is a problem)
:D

LeCastel

Dedicated Member
Aug 23, 2016
The Shattered Plains
I doesn't seem you have met an actual bowspammer then if you say it isn't a problem. Bowspammers, or more specifically island hopping bowspammers, are people who won't actually fight you. They stand on island a bridge away from you and continuously shoot at you. You can't bridge because the punch bow knocks you away from the block or you risk your life to even place down blocks and they won't come to you. If you manage to get the jump on them, they simply run to a nearby island and you have to repeat the whole ordeal again. A bit of a problem. The difference between sword spamming and bow spamming is that sword spamming doesn't actually deal excessive knock back. You are hitting to break armor to fight them easier later on. Bow spamming doesn't break armor as fast and is a way of non-fighting. You are shooting them away from you, not killing them (unless you shoot them off an edge), just prolonging the fight.
As you said, shooting at people crossing a bridge is not bowspam.
(To clarify, this is not in support of adding enderpearls to normal. I think enderpearls should be op exclusive. I just wanted to really describe out why bowspamming is a problem)
:D

I know what it is, and my point still stands.

Yes, it is annoying. But can be dealt with. Takes some time and practice and it's easier if you play with people you know or at least have a team that helps you.

TheBrownster

Forum Expert
Jun 10, 2016
A Pasture
I know what it is, and my point still stands.

Yes, it is annoying. But can be dealt with. Takes some time and practice and it's easier if you play with people you know or at least have a team that helps you.
Yes, it can be dealt with. But it takes long amounts of time and generally puts in a bad mood (just like campers do). Countrary to what you said in your first reply about this, bowspamming, at least excessive bowspamming, is not a way of fighting. If you run around a corner and try to shoot your opponent off, that is just playing strategically. But if you are purposefully standing in a middle of an island, only using a bow, even when there is no way you can shoot your opponent off, then you are just being a noob. Annoying and unnecessary. :P

Jef15ist

Dedicated Member
Jun 7, 2016
India
Ever heard of a Shield? lol
if you can learn to use one you probably won't need of enderpearls. IMHO they should remove it...
Put some skill into it.

ElPtricko

Dedicated Member
Sep 12, 2016
Denmark
I think it might be a food idea to add them to normal mode, but as some has already said, only after a specific amount of time. Maybe 30-35 minutes should be when you can buy enderpeals.

It is posible to get the e-pearl at a high enough price to make it less op. This could be done by adding a trade where you buy another item like, a prismarine shard for 1 stack of diamonds, then making the enderpearl cost X amount of shards. That way you could make it from 1-64 stacks of diamonds and then it would not be op at all.
I would think 3 or 4 stacks would be an OK price

LeCastel

Dedicated Member
Aug 23, 2016
The Shattered Plains
Yes, it can be dealt with. But it takes long amounts of time and generally puts in a bad mood (just like campers do). Countrary to what you said in your first reply about this, bowspamming, at least excessive bowspamming, is not a way of fighting. If you run around a corner and try to shoot your opponent off, that is just playing strategically. But if you are purposefully standing in a middle of an island, only using a bow, even when there is no way you can shoot your opponent off, then you are just being a noob. Annoying and unnecessary. :p

Hmm.. Take Underthesea for example. Upgrade the gens in mid and defend with a bow... don't see how that is noob.

CommandantSlime

Novice Member
Jan 16, 2017
I don't think that E-pearls should be added. Here's why:

1. I think no game should last less than 40 minutes.

2.I like when people camp. I accept their challenge. In the end, it's easier to kill them.

3. They are to OP for normal. That's why they are on OP.

sqlty

Novice Member
Mar 8, 2017
The Netherlands
i am sorry,
one of the cubecraft rules is that camping on a game like skywars bannable for arround 1 day(s)
if you have the camping person warned for what he/she is doing can you report them and ban them :P

CommandantSlime

Novice Member
Jan 16, 2017
i am sorry,
one of the cubecraft rules is that camping on a game like skywars bannable for arround 1 day(s)
if you have the camping person warned for what he/she is doing can you report them and ban them :p

I don't play Skywars, only Eggwars. Also, I don't see camping as too big of an offense, so I don't mind it TO much, as long as it's not hardcore camping. If they are 100% unkillable in their current location, that's when I get the recording software out. As I've said, I like long, slow games.

Deeds

Forum Veteran
Oct 2, 2016
Texas, US
Hello!
As you some people now i severely HATE this suggestion, heres why.

1- I think it is too OP for normal/hardcore mode.
2- There is safebridging.

1 explanation: This is too OP. EnderPearls are really only necessary for 2 things, Enderpearling to bases, and saving yourself if you fall off.
Yes i know it will be something like "but that is the same thing in op as it would be in normal", No. For CAMPING in normal mode, you cant really do it forever, because you are kind of limited on things you can buy. You can get tons of god apples, but fights usually dont last that long in normal. While in OP, you can pretty much camp forever because God Apples are cheap and there is enderpearls and diamond armour, you would expect to have pearls in that situation.

2 explanation: Safebridging- Making a bridge to where you cannot be shot off with a projectile of any sort. There is also skybridgeing, but its a little dangerous due to fall damage. So TBH there is really not a need for enderpearls on any mode because there is safe/skybridging. But i see why there is in OP mode.

dont take this as hate its just my opinion on the subject.

matcha

Forum Veteran
Nov 15, 2016
Droptown
Wow, can't believe this thread is still being dragged out. Classic Cubecraft forums.

Hello!
As you some people now i severely HATE this suggestion, heres why.

1- I think it is too OP for normal/hardcore mode.
2- There is safebridging.

1 explanation: This is too OP. EnderPearls are really only necessary for 2 things, Enderpearling to bases, and saving yourself if you fall off.
Yes i know it will be something like "but that is the same thing in op as it would be in normal", No. For CAMPING in normal mode, you cant really do it forever, because you are kind of limited on things you can buy. You can get tons of god apples, but fights usually dont last that long in normal. While in OP, you can pretty much camp forever because God Apples are cheap and there is enderpearls and diamond armour, you would expect to have pearls in that situation.

2 explanation: Safebridging- Making a bridge to where you cannot be shot off with a projectile of any sort. There is also skybridgeing, but its a little dangerous due to fall damage. So TBH there is really not a need for enderpearls on any mode because there is safe/skybridging. But i see why there is in OP mode.

dont take this as hate its just my opinion on the subject.

1. I have played a normal game, where both teams eggs are still intact, but the fact that they made a massive fortress seems a bit too OP to me. I mean come on... it's not like you are going to win a lot from camping. That game went on for 6 hours. Unbelievable... This was a normal game, no special modifications, too. Now if this was in OP mode, this game would have ended much sooner (because I have a enderpearl.). As to quote you, "While in OP, you can pretty much camp forever because God Apples are cheap and there is enderpearls and diamond armour, you would expect to have pearls in that situation." That's the point of this thread. To negate camping. In normal, you can camp. Maybe it won't take as long. But it will make it harder for you to defeat a camper who is fully decked out, but has the advantage of being on safe grounds.

2. Safe bridging. Do you truly expect that a camper can't hit you off when you are safe bridging? Maybe once in a while, but I doubt all of them won't know when to shoot. And once again to quote you, "There is also skybridgeing, but its a little dangerous due to fall damage. So TBH there is really not a need for enderpearls on any mode because there is safe/skybridging. But i see why there is in OP mode." So enderpearls are added because it would be nice to have in your inventory, but is totally unnecessary when compared to safe/skybridging. Then the whole point of OP is unnecessary. The items are there to draw out the fight. But enderpearls are added to finish a fight.

Really, enderpearls aren't gonna change the whole dynamics of Normal vs Overpowered.

Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Abodz's profile.
Happy Birthday! I hope you have/had a good day today!:D
Reesle wrote on Abodz's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🎈
Reesle wrote on Ferrcho's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🥳
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Roxlad's profile.
Happy Birthday ^-^
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Ferrcho's profile.
Happy Birthday!:D
Top Bottom