Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Maaarijn

Forum Veteran
Mar 12, 2017
het land van kroketten, frikandellen
www.youtube.com
Hey!

I see a lot of players who got banned asking for help on the forums, and a lot of them include their appeal code in their thread. This can cause trouble of course as you shouldn't share it, and it often leads to moderators having to edit the thread.
I took a look at how the ban screen looks, and surprisingly it doesn't warn the player to not share their appeal code. Therefore I want to suggest to add the sentence Do not share your appeal code with anyone! to the ban screen.

Let me know what you think!

Finixly

Forum Expert
Jun 17, 2018
Beverly Hills
Although it's already mentioned in several places, I still often see people who make this mistake. I definitely agree that it should be mentioned somewhere on your ban screen just for an extra remember to those who got banned and don't know that you shouldn't share your appeal code in public. I'll escalate this thread and see what the rest of the team thinks

Ferrcho

Jun 24, 2019
Spain
I think this could be a very good idea, but I don't think it will get off the ground. Since when a player is banned/muted/warned, they know not to share their appeal code. Because if they share that code it is up to them, not other people, as that is their problem.

Maaarijn

Forum Veteran
Mar 12, 2017
het land van kroketten, frikandellen
www.youtube.com
Since when a player is banned/muted/warned, they know not to share their appeal code. Because if they share that code it is up to them, not other people, as that is their problem.
That makes no sence. If you're not too familiar with the rules you might not know that you can't share the code. Of course in my and your eyes it's clear enough, but for lots of players it isn't. This is absolutely the case looking at the big amount of players sharing their code on the forums.

Adding this won't harm anybody and help a lot of players, so I see absolutely no reason not to add this.

Reactions: Matriox

Exarpo

Jun 29, 2019
Since when a player is banned/muted/warned, they know not to share their appeal code.
How would they know that if it doesn't tell them on the ban screen?
Because if they share that code it is up to them, not other people, as that is their problem.
Sure, it is their own problem, but that doesn't mean we shouldn't help them. We don't want people getting in trouble, especially if they didn't know that what they did can get them into trouble.

I think this should be implemented.

D

Deleted member 469419

I don't think a poll is needed. It's just a small suggestion + it's already escalated so they will look into it internally already.
A poll make you know the people opinion regardless if it is escalated or not. I'd personally add it since every good thread should have one. Some people doesn't like to give any kind of interaction, no likes, no feedbacks etc, so by adding a poll you could get other member's opinions just by clicking on a specific site. (:

Take this message to say that this was also escalated in the past btw. https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/add-a-warning-to-ban-messages-regarding-the-appeal-code.219238/

InkAsriel

Sep 23, 2017
The Netherlands
people just need to go to Specsavers and get glasses x3 jokes besides, i agree this would help a lot when people share their code by accident. if they still do it despite the warning... well, i guess they should really get glasses

Reactions: Maaarijn

Jiivan

Dedicated Member
Sep 3, 2018
Catalonia
I definitely agree with your suggestion. People should know about the "do not share your appeal code" thing whenever they get banned or muted. Not everyone knows about this, since there's people that still share it in here or in Discord, but that would help.

Am4er

Dedicated Member
Dec 6, 2018
VA, USA
Pronouns
He/Him
I'd love to see this because it will give the community members advice to do not to share their appeals codes with the corrupt personalities

SlinkyGnu05604

Forum Expert
Jan 4, 2019
www.youtube.com
I agree with adding the message to the ban screen. Especially for bedrock because of a younger player base, there's that one guy (not saying his name so I don't give him attention) who shows his ban message in a youtube video and the appeal code is shown.

Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on yeoxuhang's profile.
Thank you for the follow!:D
Hello peopleeee!! How are you doing today?
First status update in almost a month...

1713983348557.jpeg
0ananastime0 wrote on Dreamer's profile.
Bro plz spare me😢
xHappyMood wrote on SanCookie's profile.
it did not add up to 424 😔
Top Bottom