Lezappen

Forum Expert
Jan 30, 2016
Toulouse (France)
upload_2020-3-29_6-40-14.png

For example this guy I saw in game:
upload_2020-3-29_6-41-9.png

Messaged me in pm through cubecraft.
The cubecraft discord is the medium that he used in order to be able to talk to me.
upload_2020-3-29_6-41-31.png

Offences like these should be bannable on discord, Cubecraft shouldn't be a medium that allows players to harass others via DMs.

Sidenote: This guy is already muted in game.

TeamTMS

Jul 26, 2019
New Zealand
Hi there,
I totally agree with this. Even if there’s just a forum in the Ban Department, that would be good. You can just DM moderators on Discord about it, but it’s not as formal as doing it on a website. Reports can be more easily managed on the forums too. On the reports website, you need to verify your Java account in order to report something, therefore Bedrock players would not be able to report Discord users, which is why it would be easier on the Forums.
I haven’t ever necessarily had to report a user on Discord, but I have had to warn some users about their actions from time to time. Obviously it may have happened to different people though. Because CubeCraft is a partnered Discord server, I agree that they should take action on rule-breaking users even if it happens in private DMs. CubeCraft can not ban players from using Discord, but at least the rule-breakers will not be able to communicate in the CubeCraft Discord, and they could potentially get banned from the CubeCraft Minecraft server.
I agree with this suggestion, +1 :).

Goefy

Forum Expert
Dec 10, 2019
Å
I disagree. Just go to Staff-Help if you want to report someone on Discord. I think it’s a lot faster.

Reactions: its_Marto03

Anneum

Dedicated Member
Jan 4, 2020
The Avatar Universe
Pronouns
She/Her
I agree with you. There are so many people on discord who dont follow the rules. You can report them in staff help but it would be much easier to just report discord rule breakers on the report site. I think most people dont even know that you can report them in staff help.

Nikoshka

Dedicated Member
Jan 10, 2018
Discord screenshots can easily be faked by anyone with literally microsoft paint. I think a staff should be there to witness a rule breaker via Discord. By introducing a reports section for it, I reckon a lot more people would start faking reports. In the case of it being a DM, #staff-help is a really easy way to get the player banned.

ItsYzEn

Mar 29, 2020
France
I think that it should be optional, we can either report directly on #staff-help, which is a lot faster as said before but a way to report discord users on the Forum would be great for those people who are not so familiar with Discord...

Lezappen

Forum Expert
Jan 30, 2016
Toulouse (France)
I think that it should be optional, we can either report directly on #staff-help, which is a lot faster as said before but a way to report discord users on the Forum would be great for those people who are not so familiar with Discord...
I disagree. Just go to Staff-Help if you want to report someone on Discord. I think it’s a lot faster.
My post (https://discordapp.com/channels/174837853778345984/174845164899139584/693674019135684619) got promptly ignored in #staff-help :/

Discord screenshots can easily be faked by anyone with literally microsoft paint. I think a staff should be there to witness a rule breaker via Discord. By introducing a reports section for it, I reckon a lot more people would start faking reports. In the case of it being a DM, #staff-help is a really easy way to get the player banned.
If this was an advertisement bot that was dming all of cubecraft's non-ranked members, I'm sure this would be considered differently even if it is just as credible.
From the moment a user uses the cubecraft discord as a means to harass other members, I believe they should have no place in that discord in the first place.
There are other forms of evidence, such as video evidence from recording the screen which are a lot harder to fake.

upload_2020-3-29_17-21-51.png

Nikoshka

Dedicated Member
Jan 10, 2018
My post (https://discordapp.com/channels/174837853778345984/174845164899139584/693674019135684619) got promptly ignored in #staff-help :/

If this was an advertisement bot that was dming all of cubecraft's non-ranked members, I'm sure this would be considered differently even if it is just as credible.
From the moment a user uses the cubecraft discord as a means to harass other members, I believe they should have no place in that discord in the first place.
There are other forms of evidence, such as video evidence from recording the screen which are a lot harder to fake.

View attachment 161413

Yeah but reporting with video evidence for a discord convo just seems a bit excessive. It's better to deal with situations that arise on Discord in real time.
If an advertising bot were to spam a bunch of members' DMs due to the Cube Discord server, it'd be easier to prove and deal with ASAP via staff help instead of a ton of reports being sent in from tons of users on the reports site for it to be dealt with days later.

Imo, the reporting site is only there because staff generally cannot handle Minecraft reports on their phone. The phone screen is often too small and the nametag is often distorted. Any staff member who does handle reports on their mobile phone is being an irresponsible staff member and chances are, they might get the name of the hacker wrong. With forums and Discord, simply alerting the staff member asap is so much more efficient since staff can ban with literally a few taps whatever the device. That's why I don't really see a need for a reports section for Discord or the forums site.

Power Ranger

Forum Professional
Apr 20, 2016
The ♡
www.cubecraft.net
I think it would be great to ban someone from the discord for things like this but how what would count as sufficient evidence? If I was using the browser version of discord I could take five seconds to hit "f12" and change what someone wrote to anything I want. Even if you required a person to use the desktop version and have a video, it would still be significantly easier to edit with the plain discord backgrounds compared to an in-game report video. Even ignoring all of that, how do you prove that the user messaged you through Cubecraft? In this case, there is another shared Minecraft server you are in where you could "bow spam, camp, and 2v1" where this kind of behavior is not usually punished, even in-game.

I wish there was some sort of method to report players on Discord for offences like these or rulebreakers in voice channels. However, every time I try to think of a method that could be used to report these, I find there are many ways to easily fake evidence. For now, I think it's best to just have staff view the rulebreakers directly and only punish for private messages if it affects multiple users like in the case of those spam accounts.

Reactions: Nikoshka and Josher
D

Deleted member 59979

As much as I would love to introduce this, I know that cube is horrible at properly punishing people on the discord. It's been notorious for poor moderation especially with death with a thousand cuts and I feel like they need to just ramp up the seriousness of punishments on there because its extremely lenient. Once again, a discord bot would help as it would allow better logging of punishments, better variety in punishments and would help staff moderate faster but in the current situation where someone can engage in targeted harassment towards someone and not get banned, I think some changes need to be made in order for it to be fully effective.

Back properly on topic, I do really like this idea and as long as staff are clever enough to spot fake reports which it is almost impossible to track these days, especially if someone deletes the message straight after, this would be an excellent addition. +1 from me

its_Marto03

Nov 13, 2017
Dog's Land
I am not with you because I think that is too faster reporting on discord that reporting on the Website, it takes more work recording a Cheater / Innapropiate username or skin / Swearing than reporting a user who is sharing links that are off-topic from cubecraft so if this is implemented I wouldn't like to mix those reports.

I hope you have understanded me
Greetings

Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

8 years on the forums!
Otherworld wrote on RobinDn's profile.
Thank you for the follow!
UncleSpect wrote on GiGaGekkies's profile.
You are amazing <3
GiGaGekkies wrote on Ferrcho's profile.
Ola! Happy Birthday! :)
GiGaGekkies wrote on Roxlad's profile.
Happy Birthday <3
Top Bottom