Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

CaptainAdian

Feb 8, 2020
Blockwars is a strategic game where 2 different teams fight each other for either a core or a flag. We will be given a few minutes to set up defences using the materials/blocks that we have in our inventory. Later, the walls will unlock and the 2 teams will engage at each other. Long ago, Blockwars was removed from Cubecraft and it could only be played in the Arcade Games (The one which will feature the next game in 2 days or so). I was very disappointed and heartbroken as I could see many potential it could have done. I would like to point out a few ideas to make Blockwars fun and exciting again and hopefully it could be added as a stand alone game.

1. Add more teams.
The standard Blockwars game will have 2 teams, blue and red. However, we could add yellow and green to the game. It would be like The Walls except it will be different in its own unique kind of way. More teams allow more players to join. It would add more excitement to the game! Adding more teams will make the players gain trust and friendship among each other.

2. Add a weather system.
A weather system to the game which could only be changed by Donors will be perfect. The players will go through extreme weathers such as rain and snow. Battling in the rain would be vastly challenging as the rain drops will block the player's view of seeing things. Please mind me if a weather system has already been included as I have not played Cubecraft for a very long time.

3. Add more maps.
The only reason Blockwars was removed from my point of view is by the lack of popularity. Blockwars does not get enough love and attention unlike other popular games such as Eggwars and Skywars. Maybe one of the reasons why is because Blockwars does not get enough updates. The latest Blockwars update I think is the Core Update. (My personal favourite game mode. Thank you to whoever that suggested it) More maps would be a great idea and it will make the players think further onto strategising and building their defences.

In conclusion,
Blockwars is a game that involves teamwork, trust and leadership. It is a Cubecraft Original, as I call it. Overall, thank you to whoever is reading this suggestion.

Zathelas

Forum Veteran
Jul 14, 2018
A Skywars Island
Blockwars is a strategic game where 2 different teams fight each other for either a core or a flag. We will be given a few minutes to set up defences using the materials/blocks that we have in our inventory. Later, the walls will unlock and the 2 teams will engage at each other. Long ago, Blockwars was removed from Cubecraft and it could only be played in the Arcade Games (The one which will feature the next game in 2 days or so). I was very disappointed and heartbroken as I could see many potential it could have done. I would like to point out a few ideas to make Blockwars fun and exciting again and hopefully it could be added as a stand alone game.

1. Add more teams.
The standard Blockwars game will have 2 teams, blue and red. However, we could add yellow and green to the game. It would be like The Walls except it will be different in its own unique kind of way. More teams allow more players to join. It would add more excitement to the game! Adding more teams will make the players gain trust and friendship among each other.

2. Add a weather system.
A weather system to the game which could only be changed by Donors will be perfect. The players will go through extreme weathers such as rain and snow. Battling in the rain would be vastly challenging as the rain drops will block the player's view of seeing things. Please mind me if a weather system has already been included as I have not played Cubecraft for a very long time.

3. Add more maps.
The only reason Blockwars was removed from my point of view is by the lack of popularity. Blockwars does not get enough love and attention unlike other popular games such as Eggwars and Skywars. Maybe one of the reasons why is because Blockwars does not get enough updates. The latest Blockwars update I think is the Core Update. (My personal favourite game mode. Thank you to whoever that suggested it) More maps would be a great idea and it will make the players think further onto strategising and building their defences.

In conclusion,
Blockwars is a game that involves teamwork, trust and leadership. It is a Cubecraft Original, as I call it. Overall, thank you to whoever is reading this suggestion.
1. Really good idea for 2, 3, 4 people in each team!

2. I don't get it, why will it be useful?

3. I think we got enough maps to play, they are good to play for the players.

Eli

Forum Veteran
Dec 25, 2017
Bogota, Colombia
Haha finally a BlockWars thread! This should be exciting.

1. Add more teams.

2. Add a weather system.

3. Add more maps.

In conclusion,

On a general note, I’m strongly against making BlockWars a permanent game. About a year ago, I was the same as you, pretty upset over the fact that this amazing game got removed. But time showed us it was the right decision. The featured game system is incredibly effective in the sense that it allows any game to have somewhat of a stable player base regardless of their popularity previous to the Big Change. Case in question, BlockWars, which before the update was nearly dead and at non-peak times games didn’t even start. CubeCraft’s player base hasn’t increased as much for one to be completely certain that BlockWars would have a sustainable amount of players, and predictably it probably wouldn’t. It was already seen not so long ago when blockwars was featured around 5-6 times in the same month, by the 6th featuring it had reached an all time low with around 50-60 players in peak times.

What does this show? Most featured games are only successful because they’re available for a limited amount of time. And believe it or not, it is quite the appealing concept for many players. It’s only special because it’s not always there. The old BlockWars community only ever comes back on the server to play it because it’s not always available, before the big chance most people didn’t even have the motivation to play. So regardless of BlockWars having a lot of potential, I’m afraid it should stay as a featured game, at least until the server regains a few thousand players.

Now about the suggestions themselves. Your multiple teams idea it seems neat. But I feel like it would result in somewhat long games, and CubeCraft’s mini games are usually fast paced. Or at least for BlockWars that’s the main intention, fast paced games. So perhaps this isn’t the most ideal suggestion. Together with this, having multiple teams would imply having a third BlockWars gamemode, and I personally wouldn’t want BlockWars to be even more split amongst gamemodes. So a big no from me. That would mean the community favourite gamemode (CTF) would be featured less, and I don’t think that’d be a good idea.

A weather system just seems purposeless. Yes it may look kinda cool to battle in the snow but... what for? Also rain and snow makes some players with weak PC’s lag so I don’t think this would be factible. Some time ago, I believe a Jollow250 suggested to add a time system for BlockWars. And I incorporated in a compilation of BlockWars suggestions, that I think would be a nicer idea. Since having to battle at night does have some gameplay implications. But both ideas aren’t really that game changing and don’t really add anything meaningful. So I wouldn’t mind their addition, but it wouldn’t excite me either.

BlockWars did get a new map not so long ago, which I think is a pretty rare thing for a featured game. This map was a map submission though, otherwise the game would probably not get new maps. There’s 1 remake and 2 new maps pending, made by the community. That’ll give the BlockWars players something new to play with and perhaps we won’t need new maps for a while. Regardless I will take this opportunity to say something, BlockWars has apparently received “enough” map submissions and we’re not allowed to make any more. And while this is understandable to the extent that implementing a map requires some development work, it’s just missing out on the possible community made content that CubeCraft could use at their will, without having to invest any resources on it. So I still don’t fully understand the reasoning behind such a decision, BlockWars may be a small game but it’s got a dedicated community willing to make their own content for the game, and it’s a shame they’re missing out on it. So I’d say, new maps aren’t necessary there’s more important things to worry about. But let us make more maps! :D

Members Online

Team online

Members online

Latest profile posts

TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on ii6xxq's profile.
welcome to the forums! I hope you will have a nice stay here:D
This is YOUR daily dose of facts #41-
The moon has moonquakes, which are kind of like the earthquakes on the Earth, but weaker.
Basketman wrote on Eli's profile.
Favourite how to tame a dragon movie, shoot.
Reesle wrote on ii6xxq's profile.
Welcome to the Official Cubecraft Forums!! Hope you enjoy your stay :)
Reesle wrote on Lucaatjee's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🎈
Top Bottom