Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Do you want this to be added?

• Total voters
D

Deleted member 469419

Hi,

Basically what the title says: It would be nice if you guys add this to the main menu since it would be a quicker way to find appeals section. Since you have rules section, vote for the server etc why not do this with the appeals?

IMG_20201220_005041.jpg

There's literally almost nothing to explain here, so I'll leave it as it is.

Thank you for reading it out! See ya!

_The13thDoctor_

Forum Professional
Jul 23, 2016
Chicago, Illinois
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
I would rather see reports be changed to Reports / Appeals since they are both in the same section. It would be odd to have two separate links that direct you to the same area.

I voted no, but if your suggestion were to mirror what I said above I will change my vote.

Reactions: Josher
D

Deleted member 469419

I would rather see reports be changed to Reports / Appeals since they are both in the same section. It would be odd to have two separate links that direct you to the same area.

I voted no, but if your suggestion were to mirror what I said above I will change my vote.
There's actually no connection between both this sites and it would only make the shape of it more odd than of it currently is.

When you're reporting someone, you're informing to the staff team about a player who has broken a rule while when you appeal, you're seeking for an unban/unmute.
So there's literally no connection.

Thanks for your feedback though. In honour for you, I'll add another option in the poll [:

D

Deleted member 469419

appeals.cubecraft.net is probably easier to type than going to the forums at all 'w'
Well, so it would be easier to type 'reports.cubecraft.net' instead of going to the main menu then. Look, I respect all your opinions guys, but don't focus only on 'would be easier' or 'totally unnecessary'. This is something that could save few seconds to going to the appeal page. What I don't know, it's: Why are added options like votes for the server, the rules or the reports but the appeals don't? The appeals are something basic for the server.

In fact, I thought they were already added to the main menu.

I get your point, but I do not agree with it.

Reactions: Katsia Stray

Hazard

Forum Extraordinaire
May 5, 2020
Liverpool, Merseyside
Hello,

Thanks for your suggestion! I do agree that adding an additional "Appeal a ban/mute" or "Appeal" button in the forum menu will be very useful to players who come to the forums first to make a thread about it. I have escalated this thread over to the forum development team where it will be considered further.

Thanks!

Lozora

Forum Expert
Jul 6, 2016
The Netherlands
This is not necessarily needed as it is already on the forum menu.
That is true, but the rules were also posted in a subforum and still got added to the forums main menu. I don't think this is a valid reason to not add it.

It would make it easier for new people who just entered the forums and don't know how to get to the appeals page to find the appeals page as it's in the same row as the other important things like the rules and the report icon to redirect you to the reports site.

I voted no at first but I started thinking about it and it's actually a good idea!

Typicaaal

Forum Expert
Jul 14, 2015
The Multiverse
Pronouns
He/Him
I like the general idea of having the necessary things in the sidebar for accessibility if new players can't find certain things like the rules/reports etc.

but having yet ANOTHER thing in the sidebar would make it pretty messy in my opinion, you don't want to place too much in the sidebar making it unclear.
So instead of having everything separately dumped in the sidebar, I'd rather have it like this, making it look much nicer.

KWvVsrU3QLyOU2WYJk97Ig.png

Of course, as Quis said, It is indeed accessible at the bottom of the page, but what Hazard says makes sense as well.

Quis

Forum Expert
Feb 4, 2020
The Netherlands
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
Well I understand all of you and the solution Typical mentioned might be less messy.

But another solution is to move the important things to the top (the appeal website, bug reports and those things) and the less needed things to the bottom. This makes it also easier to find and the side bar stays clear and clean.

Reactions: Katsia Stray
D

Deleted member 469419

I like the general idea of having the necessary things in the sidebar for accessibility if new players can't find certain things like the rules/reports etc.

but having yet ANOTHER thing in the sidebar would make it pretty messy in my opinion, you don't want to place too much in the sidebar making it unclear.
So instead of having everything separately dumped in the sidebar, I'd rather have it like this, making it look much nicer.

View attachment 182875

Of course, as Quis said, It is indeed accessible at the bottom of the page, but what Hazard says makes sense as well.

I've liked this one tbh, mainly because you've added the bedrock reports section which isn't implemented either. Also, you've made it quite easier.

D

Deleted member 469419

I know this actually used to be a thing.
Well, not sure if it used to be a thing or not. I've never seen this on the forums, And I've been here since 2016 more less between my old account and the new one (this). Regardless if it was implemented or not I'd personally like to see this implemented (again)

It would be a nice thing to add since it would make appeals easier to find.

Katsia Stray

May 18, 2020
Jupiter
www.youtube.com
Pronouns
He/She/They
Well I understand all of you and the solution Typical mentioned might be less messy.

But another solution is to move the important things to the top (the appeal website, bug reports and those things) and the less needed things to the bottom. This makes it also easier to find and the side bar stays clear
That would make sense and also keep things clean. I agree with this one

ParkourCanadian

Novice Member
Sep 17, 2020
The United Nations of Planet Canada
You would have to scroll down quite far down to see the topic, especially on a mobile device, so adding a new option in the menu would make it easier to see. :)
I am seeing many good responses that back up both sides of this suggestion, but I will try to explain mine!
Yes, it would be nice to be able to create an appeal quickly, but I fear it might convince people that there is no proper way to appeal.
I can totally see somebody making an account on the forums just to appeal for a punishment, and not being able to find it!
However, I can also see a scenario in which the player appealing would just completely disregard the posts specifically pinned in the applications section before making an appeal, resulting in a messy and improper appeal.

I can see both sides of this suggestion, and agree with some points made by both. Because of this, I will remain neutral until one side's opinion is strong enough to enormously outweigh the other.
Thank you for reading my input on this matter, have a great day! :D

Members Online

Team online

Members online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Reesle wrote on Otherworld's profile.
Cool banner!
LitDs have been about the normal, human-to-human relationships in the world, so there's a lot of ideas that I want to write, that are not so grand or lore-focused.

But I don't really want to write anymore.

I literally went through today with no motivation to do ANYTHING... help me.
This past week has seriously been the worst. Terrible things keep happening one after the other.
I have no motivation to write (as well as a bunch of things that I need to get done). However, I have this random plot idea of a new LitD. Two characters who are rivals in many cooking competitions throughout their lives but one of them is in love with the other.

1716070529301.png
Matriox wrote on Frontlane's profile.
🕺
Top Bottom