good idea?

• Total voters

ssf2_god

Aug 21, 2021
super smash flash 2
So you see, here's the thing.

Not everyone will remember to make a poll AND,
Not everyone will react to the post.

So what we can do is make it so that next to a suggestion, players will be able to click the up arrow to upvote on it, and the down arrow to downvote on it, and the number inbetween it will be the sum of both the upvotes and downvotes.

and it will look like this (yes im pulling something straight off of reddit but i don't care because both are good ideas):
1639277437117.png

It does NOT show exactly how many people upvoted and downvoted BUT it shows the sum of the upvotes and downvotes. lets say 60 people clicked upvote and 19 clicked downvote: the sum would be 41 meaning more people will agree than disagree.

Other minecraft servers' forums have this as well, i can confirm.

my idea is if that number hits 15, the suggestion gets forwarded.

lets say there are, 5 upvotes and 14 downvotes. that number displays as -9, showing that 9 more people disagree than agree.

And not only that BUT, the number will display before the person even clicks on the thread, so they don't have to click on it to see how many people voted.

So yeah. There are a lot of things that need to be fixed/added on both the cubecraft forums AND server, this is one of them. Vote +1 on the poll and/or react with Agree, Like, or Love if you agree!

ssf2_god

Aug 21, 2021
super smash flash 2
They do.

It's called

:agree: Agree
:disagree: Disagree
:unsure: Neutral/Unsure

It was actually suggested and implemented a few months ago

For a post to be "Forwarded"(considered by staff) it requires 25 :agree: Regardless with how many :disagree: or :unsure: it gets
Dang so if there’s 25:agree: and 20:disagree: it still gets forwarded? Because man that’s scuffed.

Reactions: Amazinq

iTBD

Forum Expert
Apr 26, 2020
Bulgaria
I disagree with your suggestion, as I find it rather useless. As mentioned above, there are these three reactions to show what you think of a suggestion, and adding "upvote", "downvote" and their sum seems pointless.
So you see, here's the thing.

Not everyone will remember to make a poll AND,
Not everyone will react to the post.
Following this logic, not everyone would remember to click on "upvote" or "downvote" as well, would they?
And not only that BUT, the number will display before the person even clicks on the thread, so they don't have to click on it to see how many people voted.
This part sounds quite interesting, but at the end of the day, you should agree or disagree based on your own opinion about a suggestion, not on the community's opinion, and I feel like this would make far too many people just agree/disagree with suggestions based on what the majority thinks (which is still a problem now, no need to make it even bigger).

• Agree
Reactions: Silco and Amazinq
Top Bottom