Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Not at all

Votes: 8 42.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

EnyK8149

Aug 27, 2020
I see so many people asking in #bedrock asking for some people to play ctf (or other games) with them
it would be hepful for a channel dedicated to this so we can leave the chat in #bedrock and the people who want to play together in #bedrock-lfg

• Love
Reactions: Meiske

luv!

Apr 13, 2020
Toronto, Ontario.
I'd say including a category called "LFG" with bedrock and java channels inside would work splendidly! Players can quickly find other players to play any cube craft game with them while leaving the channels such as #lucky-islands reserved for it's intended purpose: "This channel is to share your Lucky Islands experience! - Java & Bedrock :D".

+1

Reactions: EnyK8149

Finixly

Forum Expert
Jun 17, 2018
Beverly Hills
I think it's really useless to add this channel since #bedrock is actually meant for this. Just like #java, these two channels are both meant to discuss and chat with people and/or to look for players to play with.

There is always someone who wants to play, whether you ask it in #bedrock or in #english, there are always people who want to play.

Reactions: Anneum

Story

Forum Professional
Jan 30, 2014
Glasgow
letterboxd.com
Generally these channels exist on competitive game discords with functioning ELO systems because finding a group is difficult, for us this isn't the case but it does have some advantages that we can weigh in.

PROS
  • People who are looking for others to play do not get buried by using other text channels.
  • Stops people asking for groups in other channels.
  • Starts more parties via our Discord, potentially increasing VC & community activity.
CONS
  • Potential misuse of the channel, causing more moderation to be required. (I don't personally think this will be severe)

I think it's really useless to add this channel since #bedrock is actually meant for this. Just like #java, these two channels are both meant to discuss and chat with people and/or to look for players to play with.
Those channels are not meant for this, they are meant for active discussion about those platforms. Asking people to play in those channels will usually cause it to get pushed off the screen quickly, and the person may resort to posting again.

If they have this channel they can post once and they'd need to get swamped by other people looking for a group for it to get pushed off the screen, which is a win-win regardless.

--------

For me, I'd definitely have to say it's a good idea and I support it. I'll try to bring it up a little bit around the team and see what people think. I suppose you can call it escalated.

Story

Forum Professional
Jan 30, 2014
Glasgow
letterboxd.com
That was fast!

We've added this to our Discord as a test run for approximately a week, we'll see how active and useful it is at the end of the week and make changes or remove the channel.

However for now I will mark this as implemented and maybe come back in the future with new feedback about how it goes.

~ Locked! 🔒

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Latest profile posts

Heya, after a good while years having not appreciated sleep a lot, have I learned things. I have most of the times seen it as a hindrance to things such as relations and projects. But after years I realised that you need to sleep to be well. Both physically and mentally. When I also realized that I could work better and more efficiently, did I try to get more sleep. That reminds me, I need to sleep now hah XD
Eli wrote on marshduck11's profile.
I like your profile picture
Mr Jii Gamer wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Thank you so mush for everything

I know i am late bc i didn't realize that you have left the team sadly we see the better one go ..
Will be announcing the giveaway winner within the next 2 hours or so.
Reesle wrote on Cloudiefly's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🎂 ☁️
Top Bottom