Should this get added?

• Yes.

Votes: 34 82.9%
  • No (If is possible, explain why).

Votes: 7 17.1%

• Total voters
D

Deleted member 469419

The suggestion is really simple itself, I'm proposing that when some staff member ban someone while is in game, it should be a message like "[BANHAMMER] The player Player1 has been banned for cheating or abuse"

Sometimes it's difficult to know if someone has been punished or not, you have to look into small details like a message which appear under the "Couldn't fly" - "12 players still remain alive" that's mean that someone has been kicked from the server or just has left (I didn't know this until few days ago)

That's make unnecessary to some staff members to say "Already punished/Banned..." and also it gives prestige to staff team, players have to see (stone players which cannot report) that you all are active with /reports.

Last edited by a moderator:

aveely69

Nov 12, 2017
Yeah it would give credit, but if someone is false banned and other players know it, it could bring alot of hate towards the staff member. I've seen many of my friends get banned by sentinel and we get mad at that, but it doesnt get affected as it is a machine. If staff got the hate sentinel gets cause of its false bans it would be a bad spot for staff to be in.

D

Deleted member 469419

Yeah it would give credit, but if someone is false banned and other players know it, it could bring alot of hate towards the staff member. I've seen many of my friends get banned by sentinel and we get mad at that, but it doesnt get affected as it is a machine. If staff got the sh#tstorm sentinel gets cause of its false bans it would be a bad spot for staff to be in.
I think that's doesn't matter, if you're banned by sentinel while you're playing, all players who are in the game will know it, so why not by the staff team?

Elenahh

Forum Veteran
Apr 10, 2018
Sofia, Bulgaria
Tells the position of hidden staff. Especially harmful in games like Assassins and FFA. But it can honestly be harmful in all games, including Skywars when staff is spectating cheater but does not manage to get to teamers before they stop teaming, etc.

Staff can post a message when they wish, I would prefer it staying like that.

D

Deleted member 469419

I'm not sure about the tag Banhammer, but I like the idea!
Since it's now [Sentinel] maybe just something like [MODS] [Moderation team]?
Yeah, it could be other option!

D

Deleted member 469419

Tells the position of hidden staff. Especially harmful in games like Assassins and FFA. But it can honestly be harmful in all games, including Skywars when staff is spectating cheater but does not manage to get to teamers before they stop teaming, etc.
Yeah, that's could be a problem, I haven't think on it... o_O

Perhaps it could be hidden for the reported people?

For example, if someone is reported for "teaming" or "hacking"; until it show that they're innocent (by a staff member) they can't see the ban messages.

Reactions: Dutchyyy

LordSidi0us

Forum Expert
Mar 1, 2019
Coruscant
It is reasonable in my opinion, because it will make players a bit more careful.
There's no deny in that players really play way more carefully when they see a Moderation staff member in their game and try to follow every rule as strictly as they can simply, because they know what's going to happen if they don't.
Have a like.

funkemunky

Aug 11, 2018
Murica
I agree there should be a staff banning message in game for the reasons you provided. However, it is actually quite common to have multiple cheaters in one game (like one in every 8 games I teleport to). If this message was implemented, it would make our staff's lives much harder trying to determine if someone is cheating or not.

D

Deleted member 469419

Okay, to all of you who are worried about "staff would be targeted/if there's more than 1 hacker in a game". Well, to be honest I don't think it could be a big problem, because 90% of hackers use alts which mean that they doesn't care about getting ban or no, so they won't hide it, in fact, the majority of them, are just looking for the ban. And, as I mentioned above, it could be an option which disallow reported players to see it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Entrustious6679
Members Online

Team online

Members online

Latest profile posts

Frontlane wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Happy birthday 🥳
dvodany wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Happy b-day! 🍰
WorriedSkate940 wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Happy birthday!!!
denki_kiri wrote on savina875's profile.
Thanks for the follow :D
Desiderata wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
eggs age over time

how curious
Top Bottom