• No

• Yes (the chat filter)

• No (the chat filter)

Results are only viewable after voting.

Shamel

Forum Expert
Dec 24, 2016
yes
http://prntscr.com/hfxzir "Post anything of your server suggestions here! You are heard!" Are we really heard? I mean the community has spoken a lot of times and Cubecraft haven't done anything about it, don't believe me? just look at those pictures of polls votes and likes:
https://prnt.sc/hfxq8e
https://prnt.sc/hfxqlr
https://prnt.sc/hfxquc
https://prnt.sc/hfxr42
https://prnt.sc/hfxrqa
The only thing they have done about this is locking the threads and ignoring everything the community said.
Is it really that hard to leave the partnership? Is there anything GOOD with the partnership?
Look at Hypixel, they are not in the "great" partnership and they doing just fine.
Ok fine, don't leave the partnership, just remove the chat cool down (in party and fmsg chat) allow the alphabets like L, F, WTF and FFS. Now don't tell me that Cube can't do this because of the partnership because Mineplex is in this stupid partnership and they allow these alphabets.

Now I beg you don't lock and ignore this thread, do something that we all want.
If you don't agree with me please explain why.

Kthxbai

SunburnWarz

Senior Moderator
Team CubeCraft
🛠️ Sr. Moderator
May 2, 2016
Scotland
www.google.co.uk
Tbh, not all mods ignore threads. @iLoveYouu is one of them.
Now when you said that Cubecraft cares about money.
That's not true, the money is used to pay devs and hire new ones to make games.
Now lets talk about this partnership. Sure...we all hate it and the chat update, but its not cubes fault.
Mojang forced them into joining it or should I say Microsoft forced them too. Here's an example, if your were a owner of a huge server and you were given a choice to join a partnership, you will have only 2 choices. Either face your server being shut down or join them.

Shamel

Forum Expert
Dec 24, 2016
yes
Now lets talk about this partnership. Sure...we all hate it and the chat update, but its not cubes fault.
Mojang forced them into joining it or should I say Microsoft forced them too. Here's an example, if your were a owner of a huge server and you were given a choice to join a partnership, you will have only 2 choices. Either face your server being shut down or join them.
Ok fine, don't leave the partnership, just remove the chat cool down (in party and fmsg chat) allow the alphabets like L, F, WTF and FFS. Now don't tell me that Cube can't do this because of the partnership because Mineplex is in this stupid partnership and they allow these alphabets.
EDIT: @warriors1976 still not Cube's fault?

A

A pigeon

Can you please stop assuming nonsense? You have absolutely no proof of any of this and obviously what you’ve stated is a blatant lie. Mojang dodnt force cube into joining and they certainly didnt threaten to shut them down.

MarcoPlayzz

Dedicated Member
Oct 25, 2016
=
Is there anything GOOD with the partnership?
yes money for devs, management and builders to make this server what is it now.

The only thing I agree with you is about the chat filter. They should remove it, its hogwash. Or just add a toggable chat filter idk, but something that makes us say F, L etc....

I love this guy:
ez.png

Btw that was not me, it was a guy I met on Lucky Islands

Last edited:

AFreakingCookie (Hank)

Dedicated Member
Apr 3, 2016
http://prntscr.com/hfxzir "Post anything of your server suggestions here! You are heard!" Are we really heard? I mean the community has spoken a lot of times and Cubecraft haven't done anything about it, don't believe me? just look at those pictures of polls votes and likes:
https://prnt.sc/hfxq8e
https://prnt.sc/hfxqlr
https://prnt.sc/hfxquc
https://prnt.sc/hfxr42
https://prnt.sc/hfxrqa
The only thing they have done about this is locking the threads and ignoring everything the community said.
Is it really that hard to leave the partnership? Is there anything GOOD with the partnership?
Look at Hypixel, they are not in the "great" partnership and they doing just fine.

Now I beg you don't lock and ignore this thread, do something that we all want.
If you don't agree with me please explain why.

Kthxbai
I do agree that the staff do ignore some of the really thought out threads. I have seen top notch ideas and quality threads from @Sophie. But most of them are not being accepted when they are actually really good ideas. Also I don't swear in chat. Such as "Wtf, FFs, F, L" because I am not really known as a toxic player. I will here and there call someone "Hacks" but the only times I will do that is when I actually think they are hacking, and not when I am salty. But the truth is that they really should leave the partnership. Money for the developers sure, but cubecraft has a potential to get mroe money if they make their server more fun, and enjoyable instead of the stuff that it is today. So that way if the server is more enjoyable, then they can get more money because players would be more wanting to buy things like multipliers, and ranks. That is my thought.

Here is a summary if you don't want to read everthing:

I don't swear, but I think it is odd that "F, L, WTF, And FFs" are blocked as I didn't even know what the WTF and FFS meant until I looked it up.
Leave the partnership
CHk3bUR.png

D

Deleted member 169486

They do listen to suggestions, like speed eggwars, emerald generators, and changing the week long hacking ban, but I think the issue they just don't tell people that those changes are coming. If they made a thread will all the accepted suggestions, this would stop the huge amount of threads made on a topic. Staff are going to say "We can't do that because we don't know every suggestion that's getting added" like the developers just look at the suggestions and start working on them without telling anyone else.

Staff do look at suggestions, but moderators and helper don't really have a say in what gets added, on that part they are no more then players. Management should just hire someone to manage suggestions, and create and manage the thread I suggested before.

The partnership should give us a Bedrock edition server, but we might wait as long for that as we did for Anti-cheat, and which point people will realize all the issues with cross-platform gaming and abandon it. That is the only positive thing that we seem to get out of it. Sophie's suggestion about changing the filter to how you want it (fully blocked, ****, or nothing) would work fine for me, and probably everyone else, but they can't do that because of the partnership. If they just tell us everything that they get out of the partnership, then maybe I could support it. But right now, with what I've seen from it, I can't.

SanCookie

Gameplay Engineer
Mar 18, 2017
the selfie area
bit.ly
Pronouns
He/Him
It's totaLLy true! There are so many cases where a pLayer just NEEDS an 'L' because it was so fun how they died, the 'L' is not an offencive thing for me, I Love the Letter so they should unblock it!
But yeah, get ignored like everyone else :/
+1 for the suggestion tho
Tbh, not all mods ignore threads. @iLoveYouu is one of them.
"Not all of the mods" Not enough, mods need to do their jobs.
"Used to pay" What do they do now with it?
"its not cubes fault" ehm? What? Ofc it's their fault, they create their server
"face your server being shut down" It won't be that bad, since they are good friends with mojang (look at the official mojang videos, sometimes recorded on cubecraft)

Reactions: Lilleh__

Younisco

Forum Professional
May 13, 2014
london
UM... THEY ALREADY HAVE THE MONEY BUT THEY SPEND IT ON OVERPRICED USELESS STREAM STUFF:
GVMSNAyy.png
Not sure if you knew this already, but a company named Digital Tree Media, also ran by our wonderful management team and others, owns CubeCraft. As it is a media streaming company, this equipment isn’t solely used in Cubecraft’s weekly streams, but is also assisted in DTM’s side of media. No money is being wasted - equipment is being used elsewhere. :)

Back on topic; whilst I somewhat agree with your concerns, and I agree that there should be more community involvement, our staff team does go through a lot of suggestions (even if we don’t respond!) and forwards them onto management, where they can see if it is possible, viable, and where they can fit it in with foreseeable updates. I have notifications on for suggestions, and I try to reply to as many as I can (currently on exams, so I can’t respond as much as I’d want to). If you want some opinions on your suggestion, or if there are suggestions that you believe are truly needed in CubeCraft, then please inbox me a list so I can go through them, and try to forward them onwards.

Thanks for your concern!

A

A pigeon

Not sure if you knew this already, but a company named Digital Tree Media, also ran by our wonderful management team and others, owns CubeCraft. As it is a media streaming company, this equipment isn’t solely used in Cubecraft’s weekly streams, but is also assisted in DTM’s side of media. No money is being wasted - equipment is being used elsewhere. :)

Back on topic; whilst I somewhat agree with your concerns, and I agree that there should be more community involvement, our staff team does go through a lot of suggestions (even if we don’t respond!) and forwards them onto management, where they can see if it is possible, viable, and where they can fit it in with foreseeable updates. I have notifications on for suggestions, and I try to reply to as many as I can (currently on exams, so I can’t respond as much as I’d want to). If you want some opinions on your suggestion, or if there are suggestions that you believe are truly needed in CubeCraft, then please inbox me a list so I can go through them, and try to forward them onwards.

Thanks for your concern!
Inbox u a list you say? Hmmm

https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/how-to-make-cubecraft-better.201624/

Quetzi

Jun 7, 2017
@quetzi
quetzi.tv
I know it doesn't always appear to be the case, but I can assure that the concerns and suggestions voiced on this board are taken onboard and help us refine decisions and the direction we take. We've heard the feedback on the current chat filter implementation and plan to make some adjustments based on feedback. However, it should be noted that we don't want to be allowing or seen to be encouraging toxicity of any kind on our platform and it's unfortunate that some words end up in the filter because a minority of players misuse them to attack others.

Speaking to the suggestion that we hire someone specifically to help manage and curate suggestions and feedback, I'd like to remind you that this is the role of Product Manager that @Camezonda was brought on for. As a result you should start to notice an improvement on that front.

Sophie

Forum Professional
May 1, 2014
Arendine Sink
In defence of CCG, I don't think greed is a motive in the partnership, but rather to expand their server to new territories that Hypixel hasn't yet monopolised. If greed were their only motive, they would enable you to purchase unbans or unmutes, two features that make up the majority of smaller servers' revenues. Cubelets are another heavily requested addition to the store, yet they've remained adamant on the mentality that they should be earned through gameplay only. It's something you have to respect, considering players have been requesting a monetised unban option since before I even got here. Sentinel has banned hundreds of thousands of accounts; they could make a heavy fortune if they really wanted to.

Also, the lack of suggestions that are implemented is upsetting, but many suggestions are either too vague or too ambitious. They are read, even if they're not all responded to. I regularly see staff browsing the suggestions section, but responding to every one they view would take an unholy amount of time.

Sophie

Forum Professional
May 1, 2014
Arendine Sink
However, it should be noted that we don't want to be allowing or seen to be encouraging toxicity of any kind on our platform and it's unfortunate that some words end up in the filter because a minority of players misuse them to attack others
Are you able to comment on the asterisk suggestion?

Assuming you're in a party chat, normally filtered words will instead display as a line of asterisks. Likewise, swearing in party chats would not be a punishable offence unless the asterisk filter is bypassed.

Camezonda

Release Manager/Team Ops 🏳️‍🌈
Team CubeCraft
💙 Admin Team
Jul 23, 2015
Manchester
twitter.com
Pronouns
He/They
Hey, as Q said, I am the Product Manager and I do manage the suggestions and feedback from new and current games etc. When a game is being updated I will read through suggestions based off that game and attempt to get them added to the game. I will also create threads asking for suggestions like I have done in the past. Again, as Q said, I cannot promise any suggestions will be implemented our games.

Some suggestions are based on changing systems back to what they used to be, but spending almost 6 months on a specific system and simply removing it would be a waste of time. Most of the suggestions on the forums are creative and amazing, but some I can't really see being added onto our server. Also the topic with improving the chat filter is on the table at the office, and we are carefully discussing it.

_Oplex_

Dedicated Member
May 5, 2016
Under Your Bed (O.o)
Hey, as Q said, I am the Product Manager and I do manage the suggestions and feedback from new and current games etc. When a game is being updated I will read through suggestions based off that game and attempt to get them added to the game. I will also create threads asking for suggestions like I have done in the past. Again, as Q said, I cannot promise any suggestions will be implemented our games.

Some suggestions are based on changing systems back to what they used to be, but spending almost 6 months on a specific system and simply removing it would be a waste of time. Most of the suggestions on the forums are creative and amazing, but some I can't really see being added onto our server. Also the topic with improving the chat filter is on the table at the office, and we are carefully discussing it.
so when i say we are asking for 2 months to get a commandblock hat or a barrier as cage its gonna take months? or will it get ignored?

Camezonda

Release Manager/Team Ops 🏳️‍🌈
Team CubeCraft
💙 Admin Team
Jul 23, 2015
Manchester
twitter.com
Pronouns
He/They
so when i say we are asking for 2 months to get a commandblock hat or a barrier as cage its gonna take months? or will it get ignored?
It will not be ignored, it will be collected and saved as a suggestion. And when there's a vanity update, I'd present the developers with all the loot ideas. I'd rather not just have an update for two vanity items, and have an update for a lot of cool and amazing things.

_Oplex_

Dedicated Member
May 5, 2016
Under Your Bed (O.o)
It will not be ignored, it will be collected and saved as a suggestion. And when there's a vanity update, I'd present the developers with all the loot ideas. I'd rather not just have an update for two vanity items, and have an update for a lot of cool and amazing things.
i rather have a small update every week instead of a huge update every 1/2 year :confused1:.
example:
week 1 - command block hat for 20k vpoints (reaction: wow i suggested this 1 week ago and they added it THEY ACTUALY LISTEN TO ME! i like this server).
week 2 - barrier cage for 20k vpoints (reaction wow i saw the thread a week ago. nice feature to have :) ).
week 3 - k, no problem we still have the other updates
weel 4 - lucky islands update (Nice).

example 2:
week 1 - nothing
week 2 - nothing
week 3 - nothing
week 4 - WHY A ISLAND UPDATE? WE WANT THE SUGGESTED STUFF!!1!
week 20382 - "added barrier cage"

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Mappoe wrote on Daanfkyy's profile.
followed you because i love minerware :3
Thank you so much for 2 500 in reaction score!:D
2 500 reaction score.png
I'm surprised I didn't get a welcome back trophy :o It's been well over a year! How is everyone? Catch me up on the latest gossip, cya!
qKhalidd wrote on Desiderata's profile.
hai. how ar u.
Top Bottom