Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

True or not

• Absolutely true

• Nah m8 I am a simple minded person I like simple stuff

• Other (comment)

Results are only viewable after voting.

DjaroGames

Mar 10, 2017
Today I am going to talk about how maps can be improved.

so these are some blockwars maps I like:
Icepeaks
Castlewars
Pirates.

These maps are full of details.
There are multiple lanes, some have multiple ways to get to the flag, and secret pathways

these are some decent maps:
nuclear
positive
double helix
village
paint
block arena

these have some depth but not much

but now some maps I absolutely Despise
retro
greenzone

I can not explain how much I HATE these maps
those 2 are literally A PLANE. with 2 smaller planes on the sides.

I suggest that new maps will get some more depth, so you while you are playing you think:
"Should I go through te left lane or the right lane, or I can go up and try to go over the roofs"
instead of:
"I can go forward or I can go 3 blocks t o the left or right doesn't matter I will still end in the same place".

How to do this
So every map should have multiple lanes.
There can be fun things like 2 block high gaps which require jumper to jump on, or 5 block wide gaps which require runner.
Maybe some sort of small maze in a map,
or a building in the middle (as wide as the map so you have to go through) is full of traps like random holes, cobweb, and lava.
you can combine them and make a maze full of traps.
There can be a big river in the middle with water that has a current, and there is like a secret door underwater which leads to another entrance to the other team's building in which the flag is situated.
Maybe a small building on a mountain for archers to sit in. But of course, there is some cover to hide behind!
There can be a kit which gives you 1 enderpearl every 30 seconds, and some secret hallways at places you can only reach with enderpearls.
they can add a "trap" which, if you select it, gives you 10 magma blocks instead of a green block.

there are endless possibilities, this is just a small amount of what could be added.

The maps I don't like still can stay, because, even though I don't like them, many people do and it is what many people think of when they hear "blockwars"

Last edited:

DjaroGames

Mar 10, 2017
Tbh I don't even play blockwars, I don't get the concept of the game..
normal mode is capture the flag.
in core mode, the 2 teams both have a core with 25 live. After the core is destroyed 25 times the other team wins.

at first you get a short time to build some protection to protect your core/flag

also it is really fun you should play it

Reactions: Tim Brockway

Injunction

Forum Expert
Sep 2, 2016
In A Box In San Francisco

Icepeaks
Castlewars
Pirates.

There are multiple lanes, some have multiple ways to get to the flag, and secret pathways

nuclear
positive
double helix
village
paint
block arena

retro
greenzone

I suggest that new maps will get some more depth, so you while you are playing you think:
"Should I go through te left lane or the right lane, or I can go up and try to go over the roofs"
instead of:
"I can go forward or I can go 3 blocks t o the left or right doesn't matter I will still end in the same place".

and the maps which literally are 3 plains will get removed
can you be more specific instead of just saying add depth?

GeldHaftige

Dedicated Member
May 4, 2017
Belgium
Hello @DjaroGames

If anyone says blockwars, I think right away to the maps greenzone And retro for me are this two maps blockwars.

This maps are anmazing, But you like more the maps where you can choose a part. That is also very Nice.

Removing this maps arent a Good option, many people like this two maps.

zMigi_

Jun 1, 2017
AmigoLand
zmigi.ca
Pronouns
They/Them
If anyone says blockwars, I think right away to the maps greenzone And retro for me are this two maps blockwars.

This maps are anmazing, But you like more the maps where you can choose a part. That is also very Nice.

Removing this maps arent a Good option, many people like this two maps.
i do :p

zMigi_

Jun 1, 2017
AmigoLand
zmigi.ca
Pronouns
They/Them

Icepeaks
Castlewars
Pirates.

nuclear
positive
double helix
village
paint
block arena

retro
greenzone

instead of:

How to do this
So every map should have multiple lanes.
There can be fun things like 2 block high gaps which require jumper to jump on, or 5 block wide gaps which require runner.
Maybe some sort of small maze in a map,
or a building in the middle (as wide as the map so you have to go through) is full of traps like random holes, cobweb, and lava.
you can combine them and make a maze full of traps.
There can be a big river in the middle with water that has a current, and there is like a secret door underwater which leads to another entrance to the other team's building in which the flag is situated.
Maybe a small building on a mountain for archers to sit in.
There can be a kit which gives you 1 enderpearl every 30 seconds, and some secret hallways at places you can only reach with enderpearls.
they can add a "trap" which, if you select it, gives you 10 magma blocks instead of a green block.

there are endless possibilities, this is just a small amount of what could be added.

The maps I don't like still can stay, because, even though I don't like them, many people do and it is what many people think of when they hear "blockwars"
better :p
Good suggestion

Injunction

Forum Expert
Sep 2, 2016
In A Box In San Francisco
There can be a kit which gives you 1 enderpearl every 30 seconds,
okay this 1 I find a bit problematic especially on Icy-peaks or Village
see these 2 maps would have unusual easy access points in them

However I do find Greenzone needs a bit of change since unless you are miner or jumper it won't be very easy to get to the other teams defences however Retro 99 I am find with

Members Online

Members online

Latest profile posts

Eli wrote on itsmochhi's profile.
Thank you for everything!!!
Tripleee wrote on Mintypie231's profile.
Happy Birthday!
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on itsmochhi's profile.
Thank you for everything!
Reesle wrote on Mimoune xb's profile.
Hey, it’s been a while! How are you doing? :)
Top Bottom