Status
Not open for further replies.

fizzle

May 21, 2017
USA
1. IP ban people
2. have an good anti cheat
3. have lots of staff

So, first off a thing i have noticed on big servers is that they either rely on their staff too much or their anti-cheat too much.
so I recommend that you make sure to always rely on both! the reason people can easily hack on hypixel is because they have a good anti-cheat but that is all, so if you just limit your hacks you will not get banned! But on mineplex they have lots of staff but a bad anti cheat! So if you have lots of staff and also a good anti cheat and ip ban you are guaranteed less hackers!
(Please don't get mad anyone who might take this the wrong way! this is not a hate message! i like this server and i am trying to help!)

U

Unipotato

1. IP ban people

Because of people sharing IP's, this could never happen. Think about a brother or sister that both play on CubeCraft, one hacks and the other doesn't. If the hacking sibling was IP banned, the other sibling that plays legit would also be punished for someone else's options. Another example is a school, one player hacking on the school network and no one else can play.

Sentinel gets better every day, no perfect Anticheat is developed in a day.

3. have lots of staff

The problem with this is that in order to hire more staff, Cube would have to lower its standards in order to let more people make the cut. I'd much rather have less high quality staff than more lower quality staff.

TriangleAttack

Dedicated Member
Mar 13, 2016
Lestallum
fireemblem.wikia.com
Unipotato explained it very well.

IP bans can also not be trustworthy, they won't always get the job done.

Sentinel is like a child or pet, you have to slowly and gradually teach them right from wrong.

Again, like Uni said, it takes time to find staff that will get the job done.

Reactions: Milkyy

Injunction

Forum Expert
Sep 2, 2016
In A Box In San Francisco
IP bans don't work due to possibilities of someone who hacks may live in the same place as someone who doesn't
Sentinel bans most hackers the only difference is those bans aren't instant
3 it is not like they can just hire clueless members for staff there needs to be better quality over quantity and Sentinel gets rid of most that staff can't

RayzMC

Feb 3, 2017
Summer
Sentinel is still a baby, give it some time and it may be advanced enough to detetect certain hacks.

Finding helpers is easy, but good,dedicated and mature helpers are harder. Cube is on the look out for them,currently.

InfernoCFC

Aug 4, 2016
Cosmic
there are literally schools in Sweden that teach minecraft

Also they aren't okay due to someone for example being at their friends and hacking getting their friend banned or having siblings who weren't hacking banned
I fear for humanity

Ahs_Master

Apr 16, 2017
In my studio
www.youtube.com
1. IP ban people
3. have lots of staff

so your saying IP ban but if they have one brother/sister then they cant play Cubecraft cause their brother/sister hacked??
So thats a -1 for IP ban

Second one is Good anticheat: They already have an good anti-cheat Sentinel so yeah if there's one more better i hope that Cubecraft will put that in!!
For this +1!!

Third one is Have lots of staff: That's one good point there's lots of staff but they cant check ALL the games one time cause they have to check Forums too so thats the whole story

IsLegit

Apr 28, 2015
Northern Ireland
1. IP ban people

Last time I IP banned a hacker on a network that consisted of multiple servers, I managed to ban every single player online at the same time. IP banning on bungee cords is always risky and I'm unsure whether cubecraft have a work around for this problem.. so uh, bad idea?

Hindsight edit: IP bans are terrible because it prevents siblings from playing, pointed out by other people but I'm saying it again for emphasis!

Define good for me? Do you think a good anticheat can catch every hacker the second they logon or start hacking? if so, damn you have dreams. Everyday sentinel will encounter a new kind of code that someone is using to cheat. It can never be a perfect anticheat, not so long as people are coding new clients.

3. have lots of staff

Saying this doesn't magically make there be more staff. And the staff currently work their butts off day in, day out to ensure the server is kept to a high standard. You're just another one of those people who's like "OMG WHY NO STEFF EFRY WHAR TO BEN HECKERS". Stop complaining and do something about it you potato :^/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Reesle wrote on yrarrsboyincube's profile.
Welcome to the Forums! Happy to have you here! :)
Reesle wrote on UncleSpect's profile.
Congrats on 4.5K reaction score!! 🎉✨
Eli
I managed to put together a python script with the help of an AI friend of mine, I'm gonna make an updated version of the Global Reaction Score thread, this time, having counted all 352,348 forums users!!
Xi1m wrote on Casualpoalrbear's profile.
pinterest is a gold mine ong
IMG_9017.jpeg
Skylanders! I remember that I bought this pack (not my picture.) For Skylanders Super Chargers I recall that I played the game with my parents and little sister it was a blast and I enjoyed every second of it. We bought more of them and collected even more of them. Replayed the game many times and the levels. Good memories xD
Screenbits 2024-04-29_205054.png
Top Bottom