Votes: 1 33.3%
  • No

Votes: 2 66.7%
  • We should have a compromise but this one is bad

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Wonderland_War

Sep 10, 2016
I believe votekick was removed in 2016 because it was highly abused. I never recognized any abused despite the fact that I played this game almost 24/7 at the time. I play Tower Defense on occasion when I get the time to play minecraft again but when I do, we usually have trolls and/or new players who refuse to listen. Alright, I don't think kicking players for being new is a good thing. There is only one reason that I want to kick players in Tower Defense. When the newer players refuse to learn from experienced players and even refuse to use the chat! Not only that, but we have trolls.

I want to get something straight, a bad teammate on SkyWars wouldn't hurt you very much but a bad teammate in Tower Defense can ruin the team. Like I said, I don't care if I have a bad player on my team as long as they are willing to listen and learn.

What is my compromise? Give some players the ability to votekick if they are responsible with it.. Hell, I don't even care if I have to buy Emerald Rank to get the votekick ability because I sure as hell want it. Even all the players I know who are actually somewhat decent agree with me.

Eli

Forum Veteran
Dec 25, 2017
Bogota, Colombia
I don't really see this as factible, how are they supposed to keep track of who has these permission and who doesn't? How can they monitor wether people have made good use of the command and haven't abused it? It seems like a lot of effort for an issue than can be resolved with leaving your current game and joining another. As far as I know the only "permission" players can be deprived from is the use of /report, and that does make sense since it's a benefit that has to do with the entirety of the network. But to implement so much infrastructure because of a single feature in one of CubeCraft's gamemodes seems inofficious to me.

CatsLoveRainbows

Dedicated Member
May 28, 2017
California
Tower Defense is an absolute mess right now. It is in shambles. There are so many things that need to be fixed. Tutorials for new players. Tower placements. Some mobs are absolutely OP and some are complete trash. Voting options. To win, there's only one strategy and no way around it. Players can't think outside the box and plan there way around situations, they are instead confined to this precise "meta" to have a chance to win the game. But that's not what Tower Defense is supposed to be about. Why TD is such a unique game is the strategy the teamwork, the different ways you can counter your opponents. And Tower Defense doesn't have any of that.

Right now, it hasn't been more clearer than ever. TD needs a update. It has been two and a half years since Tower Defense has changed.:(https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/tower-defence-update.197385/)
But we all know this. Staff know it too. Many great and awesome TD suggestions have come out in the past few months, and they could be implemented if staff were to take the time to give TD the update it deserves, but it seems that TD isn't Cube's priority right now. Which makes my heart sad, because TD is a really great and unique game with so much potential...

All we can do I hope for something, I guess.

Wonderland_War

Sep 10, 2016
I don't really see this as factible, how are they supposed to keep track of who has these permission and who doesn't? How can they monitor wether people have made good use of the command and haven't abused it? It seems like a lot of effort for an issue than can be resolved with leaving your current game and joining another. As far as I know the only "permission" players can be deprived from is the use of /report, and that does make sense since it's a benefit that has to do with the entirety of the network. But to implement so much infrastructure because of a single feature in one of CubeCraft's gamemodes seems inofficious to me.
You can report people. Who abuse it, which I have no problem doing.

Wonderland_War

Sep 10, 2016
Tower Defense is an absolute mess right now. It is in shambles. There are so many things that need to be fixed. Tutorials for new players. Tower placements. Some mobs are absolutely OP and some are complete trash. Voting options. To win, there's only one strategy and no way around it. Players can't think outside the box and plan there way around situations, they are instead confined to this precise "meta" to have a chance to win the game. But that's not what Tower Defense is supposed to be about. Why TD is such a unique game is the strategy the teamwork, the different ways you can counter your opponents. And Tower Defense doesn't have any of that.

Right now, it hasn't been more clearer than ever. TD needs a update. It has been two and a half years since Tower Defense has changed.:(https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/tower-defence-update.197385/)
But we all know this. Staff know it too. Many great and awesome TD suggestions have come out in the past few months, and they could be implemented if staff were to take the time to give TD the update it deserves, but it seems that TD isn't Cube's priority right now. Which makes my heart sad, because TD is a really great and unique game with so much potential...

All we can do I hope for something, I guess.
No teamwork? That's funny because me and my buddies like to plan out what monsters we send. I send witches while he sends this mob. I even share coins with my teammates.

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on SanderVDB29's profile.
Happy Birthday!:D
Reesle wrote on SanderVDB29's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🥳
Reesle wrote on Mivke's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🎂
Thank you to everyone who ever reacted to my posts & messages! 🎉
IMG_5336.jpeg
Mr Jii Gamer wrote on Mivke's profile.
Happy birthday
Top Bottom