Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

DarkEndDivinity

Jul 30, 2016
I love egg wars as much as the next person, one of my favorite games on Cubecraft by far, but if you've played minecraft for at least a decent amount of time, you would know that campers are a big problem from time-to-time, break bridge, get a bow, and just not allow anybody near while profiting the max level gens on their own island. That is why I would like to suggest a new feature in egg wars, I honestly don't know if this would be worth it to add or not, in my opinion it would also make gameplay more difficult for some people who think egg wars is too easy. My suggestion is, adding Catastrophies. Say every 10 minutes or so, a random catastrophy, ex: Lightning storm, hits a random players island (With warning like a minute before) for a minute or so, and if you stay on your island you will either get damage or killed forcing players to retreat to middle. Every 30 minutes it would add an extra catastrophe so say after an hour and a half there would be 3 different catastrophies hitting 3 islands (they can hit the same one if your unlucky)

List of catastrophies:

Lightning storm:
Clouds appear over the players island for a minute and strike down lightning with 3-7 second intervals.

Invasion:
Mobs spawn all over the players island and hunt you down, Zombies, Skeletons, Creepers (Charged if during a thunderstorm), Endermen, and basically every other mobile enemy mob and disappear after a minute (Creepers don't damage the natural environment but can destroy player placed blocks). (Player can fight them off like every other mob)

Lava rain:
Lava falls from the sky all over your island drenching it in lava for one minute, no fire spread.

Anti-gravitational field
Similar to invasion, except all the mobs are shulkers, as the name suggests, their abilities will make you float into the air until you eventually fall and die or avoid their attacks.

Meteor rain
Only possible after first 30 minutes, most rare catastrophie, meteors fall down from the sky for a minute like the rest, but they can destroy the natural environment and player placed blocks (can't destroy generators).

That is all for now, might add more some other time if the idea is acceptable.

Reactions: AboodPlayz

DarkEndDivinity

Jul 30, 2016
Thought of another one
Earthquake:
Random parts of your island break off and fall into the void (Again, generators aren't affected)

And btw for all of these catastrophies generators, villagers, and the entire area where players can't place blocks (The small 3x3(?) area around generators and villagers) aren't affected.

DarkEndDivinity

Jul 30, 2016
-Thread completely ignored because people don't give a **** about anti-camper suggestions at this point xD-

DarkEndDivinity

Jul 30, 2016
Mineplex has something called Map crumble. It's another way to stop campers by forcing the players to keep moving toward center until the center falls. I'd say the hazards should destroy generators too to force the players to look for other ones in case theirs break.
Rightt, I just thought that might be a bit cruel, but it's true that if it destroys the path from meteors then its the same as destroying generators.

smkorpi

Dec 3, 2016
That seems like a lot of work and timing would be hard. If this was to be accepted the server should also put a live timer so you can see how long until the next disaster. Also, all of these seems very easy to avoid since most maps have a house structure and none of the punishments can get inside houses.

I doubt this would be effective since they are camping with maxed gens and could just make an obby hole

DarkEndDivinity

Jul 30, 2016
Yes but earthquake would destroy the map, mobs could spawn inside house, thunderstorm can destroy player-based blocks, and meteors can destroy anything.

smkorpi

Dec 3, 2016
Yes but earthquake would destroy the map, mobs could spawn inside house, thunderstorm can destroy player-based blocks, and meteors can destroy anything.
Mobs wouldn't be able to kill anyone whose been camping for more than 10 minutes

DarkEndDivinity

Jul 30, 2016
That's true but either the mobs could get a buff or armor or something, it isn't that hard, or also just leave it like that, it's not like all of the catastrophes are that difficult. (you posted this on the other thread) "Lightning won't kill anyone who has an obby home, lava is easy to build above and wait or be blocked off. If someone is camping the only method that could kill them or impact them is if the blocks beneath them disappear or the gens break"
(Also the lava falls from the sky so you can't build above this, Lightning can be combined with mobs for charged creeper and destroy players who are outside)

D

Deleted member 169486

What about teams. More then once I have been down to two teams, one at middle and one at the island. I think this would be unfair to the rest of a team if someone destroyed the bridge and you can't build another one without getting shot off. -1 for me, sorry.

DarkEndDivinity

Jul 30, 2016
What about teams. More then once I have been down to two teams, one at middle and one at the island. I think this would be unfair to the rest of a team if someone destroyed the bridge and you can't build another one without getting shot off. -1 for me, sorry.
I don't really see the problem for this, the catastrophes attack the player islands so if your friend survives, he can just rebuild the bridge and if he doesn't have enough blocks, the villager is still there so he can just get more, if your island generator gets destroyed and he has no blocks, you can just go save him, if your island generator gets destroyed, just find another one, if your friend doesn't survive, that's your own problem. Also, if you stay at mid while your friend stays at your island, it's still considered camping.

D

Deleted member 169486

I don't really see the problem for this, the catastrophes attack the player islands so if your friend survives, he can just rebuild the bridge and if he doesn't have enough blocks, the villager is still there so he can just get more, if your island generator gets destroyed and he has no blocks, you can just go save him, if your island generator gets destroyed, just find another one, if your friend doesn't survive, that's your own problem. Also, if you stay at mid while your friend stays at your island, it's still considered camping.

What I mean is, I was stuck on the island because one guy destroyed out bridge and another team took over mid. I couldn't build over because I would get sniped off or the guy would break the blocks behind me. I shouldn't have to deal with something they did.

DarkEndDivinity

Jul 30, 2016
What I mean is, I was stuck on the island because one guy destroyed out bridge and another team took over mid. I couldn't build over because I would get sniped off or the guy would break the blocks behind me. I shouldn't have to deal with something they did.
I don't really see what this situation has to do with this suggestion.

Injunction

Forum Expert
Sep 2, 2016
In A Box In San Francisco
I love egg wars as much as the next person, one of my favorite games on Cubecraft by far, but if you've played minecraft for at least a decent amount of time, you would know that campers are a big problem from time-to-time, break bridge, get a bow, and just not allow anybody near while profiting the max level gens on their own island. That is why I would like to suggest a new feature in egg wars, I honestly don't know if this would be worth it to add or not, in my opinion it would also make gameplay more difficult for some people who think egg wars is too easy. My suggestion is, adding Catastrophies. Say every 10 minutes or so, a random catastrophy, ex: Lightning storm, hits a random players island (With warning like a minute before) for a minute or so, and if you stay on your island you will either get damage or killed forcing players to retreat to middle. Every 30 minutes it would add an extra catastrophe so say after an hour and a half there would be 3 different catastrophies hitting 3 islands (they can hit the same one if your unlucky)

List of catastrophies:

Lightning storm:
Clouds appear over the players island for a minute and strike down lightning with 3-7 second intervals.

Invasion:
Mobs spawn all over the players island and hunt you down, Zombies, Skeletons, Creepers (Charged if during a thunderstorm), Endermen, and basically every other mobile enemy mob and disappear after a minute (Creepers don't damage the natural environment but can destroy player placed blocks). (Player can fight them off like every other mob)

Lava rain:
Lava falls from the sky all over your island drenching it in lava for one minute, no fire spread.

Anti-gravitational field
Similar to invasion, except all the mobs are shulkers, as the name suggests, their abilities will make you float into the air until you eventually fall and die or avoid their attacks.

Meteor rain
Only possible after first 30 minutes, most rare catastrophie, meteors fall down from the sky for a minute like the rest, but they can destroy the natural environment and player placed blocks (can't destroy generators).

That is all for now, might add more some other time if the idea is acceptable.
this may stop about 1 in 5 campers but this would ruin the actual game

DarkEndDivinity

Jul 30, 2016
You mean, you don't understand how the whole team shouldn't get punished because one person breaks the bridge?
Well if one person breaks the bridge, you can just rebuild it. If you get shot off, it's your own fault.
this may stop about 1 in 5 campers but this would ruin the actual game
I feel like this is similar to the Emerald situation. For some people (like me) this might actually make the game more fun and definitely more challenging, many people might not like it. Also, regarding campers, this would require people to move around from time to time. If there is a camper, then say he is playing a 12 island map, he would have a 1/12 chance of being hit, say after an hour of camping, 6+ islands will be affected by this meaning he has a high probability of eventually getting hit by it.

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Loskol wrote on Hqtemood's profile.
Eagle🦅
I hope you all had a great weekend!
𝑷𝑹𝑶 𝑾𝑰𝑵𝑵𝑨𝑨𝑹 wrote on Verbramdt's profile.
Welkom terug Bram :)
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Semyon Karasev's profile.
Happy Birthday! ^-^
Top Bottom