Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net
D

Deleted member 169486

Well if one person breaks the bridge, you can just rebuild it. If you get shot off, it's your own fault.
It's not "our own fault" if we get shot off. The person will most likely break the bridge again anyway. We shouldn't have to deal with this because they think they knows what's best.

DarkEndDivinity

Jul 30, 2016
It's not "our own fault" if we get shot off. The person will most likely break the bridge again anyway. We shouldn't have to deal with this because they think they knows what's best.
Okay, would you care to remind me how this is related to this suggestion??

DarkEndDivinity

Jul 30, 2016
How are you not getting this. Someone breaks the bridge, everyone deals with this because they can't rebuild it.
I still don't understand what this has to do with catastrophes. If you run out of buildings blocks and your generator gets destroyed, too bad, you just got unlucky. If you're careless enough to let an enemy break your bridge that connects your island to the middle, it's still your own fault, you should've just done something to stop him or rebuilt it before the catastrophe hits. It's less of a problem with this suggestion and more of a problem with what you did at that moment.

D

Deleted member 169486

I still don't understand what this has to do with catastrophes. If you run out of buildings blocks and your generator gets destroyed, too bad, you just got unlucky. If you're careless enough to let an enemy break your bridge that connects your island to the middle, it's still your own fault, you should've just done something to stop him or rebuilt it before the catastrophe hits. It's less of a problem with this suggestion and more of a problem with what you did at that moment.

NO! A teammate breaks the bridge. He keeps breaking it while we try to build. We have to deal with your catastrophes because we can't leave our island.

DarkEndDivinity

Jul 30, 2016
If your teammate breaks the bridge then chose a better teammate, there's nothing that obliges you to break the bridge, if you break the bridge you are technically "camping". This suggestion is to prevent that.

Dec 18, 2016
I love egg wars as much as the next person, one of my favorite games on Cubecraft by far, but if you've played minecraft for at least a decent amount of time, you would know that campers are a big problem from time-to-time, break bridge, get a bow, and just not allow anybody near while profiting the max level gens on their own island. That is why I would like to suggest a new feature in egg wars, I honestly don't know if this would be worth it to add or not, in my opinion it would also make gameplay more difficult for some people who think egg wars is too easy. My suggestion is, adding Catastrophies. Say every 10 minutes or so, a random catastrophy, ex: Lightning storm, hits a random players island (With warning like a minute before) for a minute or so, and if you stay on your island you will either get damage or killed forcing players to retreat to middle. Every 30 minutes it would add an extra catastrophe so say after an hour and a half there would be 3 different catastrophies hitting 3 islands (they can hit the same one if your unlucky)

List of catastrophies:

Lightning storm:
Clouds appear over the players island for a minute and strike down lightning with 3-7 second intervals.

Invasion:
Mobs spawn all over the players island and hunt you down, Zombies, Skeletons, Creepers (Charged if during a thunderstorm), Endermen, and basically every other mobile enemy mob and disappear after a minute (Creepers don't damage the natural environment but can destroy player placed blocks). (Player can fight them off like every other mob)

Lava rain:
Lava falls from the sky all over your island drenching it in lava for one minute, no fire spread.

Anti-gravitational field
Similar to invasion, except all the mobs are shulkers, as the name suggests, their abilities will make you float into the air until you eventually fall and die or avoid their attacks.

Meteor rain
Only possible after first 30 minutes, most rare catastrophie, meteors fall down from the sky for a minute like the rest, but they can destroy the natural environment and player placed blocks (can't destroy generators).

That is all for now, might add more some other time if the idea is acceptable.

This sounds like a great idea, but I think that it should be to players that stay at their island for too long. But if you leave the island or go to others, you should be okay. It sounds amazing with stopping campers, but I think that killing players that are leaving can create fights. Making it more stressful for staff members.

D

Deleted member 169486

If your teammate breaks the bridge then chose a better teammate, there's nothing that obliges you to break the bridge, if you break the bridge you are technically "camping". This suggestion is to prevent that.
We can't "choose a new teammate" in the middle of the game. I just join a game and play. If they wanna camp I shouldn't have to deal with this because of that.

DarkEndDivinity

Jul 30, 2016
We can't "choose a new teammate" in the middle of the game. I just join a game and play. If they wanna camp I shouldn't have to deal with this because of that.
You don't seem to understand. Whenever I play "team" it is only because I have a "friend" to play with. I try not to play with random people because, like you are saying, they don't always listen to what you say. If you don't have a "friend" to play with, just play solo. If you want to play with random people, then just face the consequences instead of complaining.

TheQueenWaddle

Dedicated Member
Jan 3, 2016
You don't seem to understand. Whenever I play "team" it is only because I have a "friend" to play with. I try not to play with random people because, like you are saying, they don't always listen to what you say. If you don't have a "friend" to play with, just play solo. If you want to play with random people, then just face the consequences instead of complaining.
The consequences of trying to play with new people?
Seems kind of counter intuitive to me...
That and these catastrophes are just super annoying. They can just keep munching on gapples and hiding in structures.

DarkEndDivinity

Jul 30, 2016
The consequences of trying to play with new people?
Seems kind of counter intuitive to me...
That and these catastrophes are just super annoying. They can just keep munching on gapples and hiding in structures.
Well I've played in big teams before with people I don't know. 99.9% of the time I end up with complete noobs who don't care about a word I say nor what I do to try to help US win and we end up losing because of that. Also the catastrophies like lightning one one shot them. Meteors and earthquake are for the people who are hiding in structures, also the generators are often outside of structures so they would end up getting affected by the catastrophies.

zDutchie

Forum Professional
May 30, 2016
The Netherlands
Pronouns
She/Her
Say every 10 minutes or so, a random catastrophy, ex: Lightning storm, hits a random players island (With warning like a minute before) for a minute or so, and if you stay on your island you will either get damage or killed forcing players to retreat to middle. Ev
Wouldn't that be a bit unfair since only certain players will be attacked?

DarkEndDivinity

Jul 30, 2016
Wouldn't that be a bit unfair since only certain players will be attacked?
It's all about luck. If a player is unlucky, they might have higher chances of being hit. The more islands there are, the less likely you are to be hit. Honestly I know this suggestion has some pros and many cons but I still like the idea, it would certainly make different aspects in the game more difficult, one catastrophy could entirely change the tide of battle.

TheQueenWaddle

Dedicated Member
Jan 3, 2016
Well I've played in big teams before with people I don't know. 99.9% of the time I end up with complete noobs who don't care about a word I say nor what I do to try to help US win and we end up losing because of that. Also the catastrophies like lightning one one shot them. Meteors and earthquake are for the people who are hiding in structures, also the generators are often outside of structures so they would end up getting affected by the catastrophies.
Really doesn't matter; I'm confident in saying over 50% of teams in team Eggwars are total strangers.
Considering you've suggested like 5 or 6 of these, and now you're saying they only target random islands (which I think is totally unfair. If you want luck, go play Lucky Islands) then there's like a 3% the right disaster would happen to get a camper off their island.

DarkEndDivinity

Jul 30, 2016
"in my opinion it would also make gameplay more difficult for some people who think egg wars is too easy."

TheQueenWaddle

Dedicated Member
Jan 3, 2016
"in my opinion it would also make gameplay more difficult for some people who think egg wars is too easy."
This won't change anything. Difficulty is based on the people you play with, not the crap that's flying around in the background.
A few lightning strikes every 10 minutes isn't going to immediately kill campers. All they have to do is encase themselves in obby 4 blocks away from their island, and once it's over, they can head back. All this is going to do is annoy people who are actively going around killing people.

DarkEndDivinity

Jul 30, 2016
This won't change anything. Difficulty is based on the people you play with, not the crap that's flying around in the background.
A few lightning strikes every 10 minutes isn't going to immediately kill campers. All they have to do is encase themselves in obby 4 blocks away from their island, and once it's over, they can head back. All this is going to do is annoy people who are actively going around killing people.
You don't seem to be understanding this... There are warning a minute before the catastrophe to tell everybody to stay away, lightning would be changed to one shot players and destroy all man-made blocks, including obsidian, there is earthquake to destroy parts of the island and meteors to just destroy everything. Some of these are easy, some are not. It's not like many of the other anti-camper suggestions were foolproof either, now were they?

codexprivateㅤㅤㅤㅤ

Dedicated Member
May 14, 2016
α муѕтяισυѕ ρƖαcє
I love egg wars as much as the next person, one of my favorite games on Cubecraft by far, but if you've played minecraft for at least a decent amount of time, you would know that campers are a big problem from time-to-time, break bridge, get a bow, and just not allow anybody near while profiting the max level gens on their own island. That is why I would like to suggest a new feature in egg wars, I honestly don't know if this would be worth it to add or not, in my opinion it would also make gameplay more difficult for some people who think egg wars is too easy. My suggestion is, adding Catastrophies. Say every 10 minutes or so, a random catastrophy, ex: Lightning storm, hits a random players island (With warning like a minute before) for a minute or so, and if you stay on your island you will either get damage or killed forcing players to retreat to middle. Every 30 minutes it would add an extra catastrophe so say after an hour and a half there would be 3 different catastrophies hitting 3 islands (they can hit the same one if your unlucky)

List of catastrophies:

Lightning storm:
Clouds appear over the players island for a minute and strike down lightning with 3-7 second intervals.

Invasion:
Mobs spawn all over the players island and hunt you down, Zombies, Skeletons, Creepers (Charged if during a thunderstorm), Endermen, and basically every other mobile enemy mob and disappear after a minute (Creepers don't damage the natural environment but can destroy player placed blocks). (Player can fight them off like every other mob)

Lava rain:
Lava falls from the sky all over your island drenching it in lava for one minute, no fire spread.

Anti-gravitational field
Similar to invasion, except all the mobs are shulkers, as the name suggests, their abilities will make you float into the air until you eventually fall and die or avoid their attacks.

Meteor rain
Only possible after first 30 minutes, most rare catastrophie, meteors fall down from the sky for a minute like the rest, but they can destroy the natural environment and player placed blocks (can't destroy generators).

That is all for now, might add more some other time if the idea is acceptable.
2e2c64_eff796348878441e84b2869e9cf07afe.webp
eyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

BanBoy

Apr 21, 2016
In my room
Lightning storm:

I like this one! Good idea!

Invasion:

Endermen would be a problem as they would teleport away (and it would be difficult to patch)

Lava rain:

Let's say you are playing on underdasea... The players are all by there egg (protected from lava) Other players can't invade their island, But they can shoot arrows at you...

I do really like this tho!!

Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

LitDs have been about the normal, human-to-human relationships in the world, so there's a lot of ideas that I want to write, that are not so grand or lore-focused.

But I don't really want to write anymore.

I literally went through today with no motivation to do ANYTHING... help me.
This past week has seriously been the worst. Terrible things keep happening one after the other.
I have no motivation to write (as well as a bunch of things that I need to get done). However, I have this random plot idea of a new LitD. Two characters who are rivals in many cooking competitions throughout their lives but one of them is in love with the other.

1716070529301.png
Matriox wrote on Frontlane's profile.
🕺
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on qSxgttt's profile.
Happy Birthday!:D
Top Bottom