Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net
Jul 8, 2019
United Kingdom
hi there

i wanted to help improve the suggestion forums a little bit.
i was once a staff member of hypixel, so i am no stranger to an intense amount of suggestions. some are great but many are pointless/flawed/unrequired.

i believe that people need to think more deeply into WHY they are making the suggestion
we shouldn't use personal experiences in games or disliking towards the user interface to drive our suggestion. i believe that if you want to make a suggestion, ask yourself:

-is it only me who wants this change?
-is my change really that beneficial to the server?
-should my suggestion go through, will it really make the community happy?
-have i looked into every reason as to why i am suggesting this and am i prepared for people to not like my suggestion or completely disagree?
DON't be a rigid thinker. accept both sides, the ones that agree and disagree. you won't always be right when making your suggestion so don't try to hard to defend it when many people are saying it's flawed. accept when you are wrong and make sure you rethink

i think it's important for people to make suggestions, they're beneficial but when people are making suggestions that are just unneeded, it makes me think there needs to be a bigger limit on suggestions.

tldr just THINK a little bit more and accept both sides to benefit your suggestion!

thanks
choco

Onik

Dedicated Member
Nov 25, 2016
California
I mean when writing a suggestion, there's bound to be flaws or points that will make people feel that if it were to be implemented it can change their form of playing. The point of creating a suggestion and commenting on it is to discuss and find a middle ground where both parties can be happy with the end result, of course at times some suggestions are questionable and weak hence why they tend to die out and/or lose traction over time.

Jul 8, 2019
United Kingdom
I mean when writing a suggestion, there's bound to be flaws or points that will make people feel that if it were to be implemented it can change their form of playing. The point of creating a suggestion and commenting on it is to discuss and find a middle ground where both parties can be happy with the end result, of course at times some suggestions are questionable and weak hence why they tend to die out and/or lose traction over time.

absolutely, but i more mean that people should be better prepared for that and more willing to change their minds.
i am more making this to tell those who dislike criticism that they need to be prepared for that and if they aren't and don't want anyone to disagree with them they shouldn't make a suggestion in the first place

_The13thDoctor_

Forum Professional
Jul 23, 2016
Chicago, Illinois
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
absolutely, but i more mean that people should be better prepared for that and more willing to change their minds.
i am more making this to tell those who dislike criticism that they need to be prepared for that and if they aren't and don't want anyone to disagree with them they shouldn't make a suggestion in the first place

That’s an opinion. Not everyone is going to see that as the way they want to handle the suggesting making process or steps before and after. Also people don’t have to take criticism if they don’t want to especially if it’s extremely aggressive or purposely negative. Also I don’t think you or anyone can control them from making a or the suggestion. I honesty don’t understand this thread as it’s not really helpful as it is your opinion on the matter.

Click where it shows the next quote to see what else I wrote:

hi there

i wanted to help improve the suggestion forums a little bit.
i was once a staff member of hypixel, so i am no stranger to an intense amount of suggestions. some are great but many are pointless/flawed/unrequired.

It’s also an opinion if it’s pointless or not required because some may agree while others won’t on suggestions. Some can be flat out pointless but most wont be. As for flawed not everything in a suggestion is going to be perfect so there will be flaws. Everything has flaws including this thread, my threads, official threads. You can’t necessarily remove all flaws from a suggestion.

i believe that people need to think more deeply into WHY they are making the suggestion
we shouldn't use personal experiences in games or disliking towards the user interface to drive our suggestion. i believe that if you want to make a suggestion, ask yourself:

That’s a statement and an opinion which makes me question why exactly you made this thread or your exact intention. This seems like a lot of statements and opinions rather than helpful suggestion(s). Well if it’s a game related suggestion you should use personal experience especially in a response or explanation. It could be wrong but it’s not so bad if it turns out being wrong or flawed. If someone dislikes something with a passion and sets out to change it then they can use it to drive there case because there is nothing wrong with that unless it breaks community rules.

-is it only me who wants this change?
-is my change really that beneficial to the server?
-should my suggestion go through, will it really make the community happy?
-have i looked into every reason as to why i am suggesting this and am i prepared for people to not like my suggestion or completely disagree?
DON't be a rigid thinker. accept both sides, the ones that agree and disagree. you won't always be right when making your suggestion so don't try to hard to defend it when many people are saying it's flawed. accept when you are wrong and make sure you rethink

You can’t necessarily ask yourself the first one because people’s opinions especially on the forums could be very different or change based on your suggestion let alone a thread with there same suggestion can be posted in 2 separate times and the votes and opinions are drastically different. All suggestions big or small can be beneficial. So therefor the answer should be yes. (Also do these rules or suggestions apply to you? Just curious) Again there is no way or really knowing what the community’s response or staffs response. Suggestions are based on what the player thinks should be added, removed, changed, etc. Yes the effects of the suggestion should be considered but most smart people who are making a legitimate suggestion would already have taken that into account. The only real reason you would make the suggestion is you personally think it would make gameplay or experience better for there community. It’s slightly difficult to have an alternative motive if the suggestion is legitimate. Well you don’t have to or your not forced to except both sides. Point of this is people way in on opinions and you can try explaining more and give explanations. Especially if the player had the suggestion wrong or misunderstood. Not to mention by accepting both sides your not defending your suggestion so your basically saying: Eh, whatever. Well you should defend it as much as you want because your entitled to as well as you should if they got it wrong or looking at it in the wrong way. Of course there are limits to my statement but you shouldn’t not try to defend it a lot especially if you actually care. Again how exactly can you tell your wrong? There is no exact way. Many people can say no and one says yes and then the suggestion is looked at differently or staff add it because they found a good reason. How exactly do you want people to rethink? Rethink what? Your claim? Idea? What’s within?

i think it's important for people to make suggestions, they're beneficial but when people are making suggestions that are just unneeded, it makes me think there needs to be a bigger limit on suggestions.

What do you mean “limit?”

tldr just THINK a little bit more and accept both sides to benefit your suggestion!

thanks
choco

This response is not to be mean but my personal expert with making and seeing people’s suggestions along with this is a slight criticism on what “suggestion” you have here. Have a nice day! :D

Sweetenerera

Forum Professional
Jul 24, 2016
What exactly is the suggestion tho? Because now you're just saying people show think more about what they're suggestion. I don't really see a suggestion? Unless you're suggestion the players should think more about their threads??

But I doubt players would listen to it.

_The13thDoctor_

Forum Professional
Jul 23, 2016
Chicago, Illinois
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
What exactly is the suggestion tho? Because now you're just saying people show think more about what they're suggestion. I don't really see a suggestion? Unless you're suggestion the players should think more about their threads??

But I doubt players would listen to it.

You know me I don’t listen to anyone and make stupid decisions so I’m all for that.

But I agree with you though 100%

Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I got my first 20k kills in FFA!:D
20 000 kills in ffa picture 2.png
Reesle wrote on Maxminedigger's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🎈🧁
Livvv wrote on Maxminedigger's profile.
GRATTIS MAXI TAXIIIIIIIII!!!!!!!!!💕🎉🙌
JokeKaedee wrote on yousif1playz's profile.
Happy birthday c:
JokeKaedee wrote on Maxminedigger's profile.
Happy birthday!! 🍰
Top Bottom