Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

MdsCool

Dedicated Member
May 20, 2014
McDonalds :D
Idea: When creating an rp, you get your own private chat, and people you invite to your rp is in it.
And that you could speak publicly using /p (message)

Dai_Matsumoto

Forum Expert
Oct 20, 2013
Japan
I know that roleplaying is banned but why not have a specific server for it? People can submit their maps and people can play it but when you join a map public chat will be turned off and you can only see what the people in the map you are in are saying.
This server is also suppose to be a place where you can make maps on creative, send it on the forums (just make a thread .-.) then if your map looks nice (it does not exactly have to be "perfect" like the walls super detailed and stuff like that) it will get added on a sign so people can join it.
For example people could make Theatres with a stage, a house for a family, a town with a ice cream truck. so this could be fun for 1. Building 2. Seeing that your map is on the server (on a sign) 3. Playing your map with your friends and maybe some random people.
So people could get very creative and start building idk a tornado or a skating rink but you must make a thread about it first. Also the owner(s) (people/person who made the map) can do /(username) chest on/off this is for if there are any chests on your map the username you write wont/will be able to open chests.
And for the last thing signs can look like this xD. Hope you like my idea <3 -Catzore

O3o
This has been suggested by a person before but the staff ended up denying it because there is a high possibility that players can being disrespectful to one another.

Tacosbefriends

Forum Professional
Jan 13, 2014
Breakfast for Dinner Club HQ
tumblr_lorkjrx46M1qbf1k3.gif

Roleplay can be fun. I myself used to play a lot of RPG's before I found Minecraft, and even now I enjoy traditional tabletop RPG's. The difference between this and something like, say, Dungeons and Dragons, is that there's no structure to it.

Roleplaying is a sort of nebulous, spontaneous thing that is just completely impossible to monitor. There are no "rules" to roleplaying, so any disagreements or arguments among roleplayers (so-and-so keeps breaking character! he's supposed to be a knight but he keeps shooting people with his pretend laser gun!) can't be dealt with by the staff, and that's a huge problem for us. We can't ban or mute someone for typing "*turns into a dragon and eats you*". If we did however have a ton of rules for roleplaying, that would destroy the point of roleplay: unlimited creativity from the imagination. So we can either have a lawless server full of trolls, morons and angry people, or we can have a server where everyone is closely monitored and punished for not pretending right.

I think maybe we might be able to make a sub-forum for roleplaying, but dedicating an entire server to something we can barely moderate is just a recipe for disaster. People are guaranteed to get angry with each other. Even LARP'ers (Live Action Role Players) get into fights about their roleplay battles, and there are some VERY strict and defined rules for LARP'ing. At least we can kinda weed out the trolls from a sub-forum.

Lastly, I'd like to point out something in the hub:
2015-01-06_23.27.14.png

Spoilers. ;3

ItsYaBoyJavid

Forum Expert
Jun 25, 2014
Earth
People are gonna be making weird rp's like next thing you know a bunch of 10 year olds are gonna be making 50 shades of grey rp's....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Basketman wrote on Eli's profile.
Favourite how to tame a dragon movie, shoot.
Reesle wrote on ii6xxq's profile.
Welcome to the Official Cubecraft Forums!! Hope you enjoy your stay :)
Reesle wrote on Lucaatjee's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🎈
Matriox wrote on Kloska's profile.
day x
99th_DutchScary wrote on UncleSpect's profile.
Thanks for the follow! 💖
Top Bottom