Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

How would you punish first time offenders?

• Total voters

FlipstaPlays

Oct 11, 2015
I totally agree that banned people should be given another chance. I have always had 'The Strikes You're Out' as a rule (I don't even play cricket) so I believe 3 strikes you're out will create less havoc and lead to a better server. I think one week for 1st time offenders, 1 month for 2nd time offenders and permanent after that. I know that I was banned (unfairly) but I was unbanned after about 3 months. 3 Months felt like years. I was unbanned as staff realised that they were wrong.

Walker_Walkis

Nov 15, 2013
I personally think it should be six months because in many different places around the server there are rules that specifically say hacking is bannable. Most of the hackers that have been banned have known that rule based on how frequently it is mentioned, and they have purposefully ignored it. One month is too short of a time for a player to fully understand the consequences of his/her actions whereas six months is close enough to a permanent ban to make players consider whether or not they want to hack and suffer the punishment. A second offence after the six month ban would be permanent.

AdventureeTree

First ban = 1 month second ban = permanently, why? let me explain you. First you can report hackers for free and the staff members will do something about that, however knowing hacking is not allowed on this server and you consider to do it, thats stupid isn't it? So you should go trough your consequences or sent an appeal to get your account unbanned. And if you got permanently banned you can not sent an appeal.

This is my opinion about it.

NitroPelle

Dedicated Member
Jun 30, 2015
Amsterdam
youtube.com
First ban = 1 month second ban = permanently, why? let me explain you. First you can report hackers for free and the staff members will do something about that, however knowing hacking is not allowed on this server and you consider to do it, thats stupid isn't it? So you should go trough your consequences or sent an appeal to get your account unbanned. And if you got permanently banned you can not sent an appeal.

This is my opinion about it.
I totally agree. They have a first warning of 1 month and after that they should get a perma ban

guardd

Forum Expert
Dec 14, 2014
Somewhere in Hungary
Unless, of course, you're doing it on Mineplex. Then, it's okay :).
No, it's not okay.

I agree that hackers deserve a second chance, because usually if you cheat, you won't cheat a second time.
I would like to see a 65 Day ban for the first and a permenant for the sscond one. Fair?

Shakes_Beer

Jan 12, 2016
Hey, c:
Overhauling the ban system to give second chances is something I would like to work on and implement. Can't comment on whether it will happen or when it will if it does, but do know there are members of staff working on it :)
I can understand you, it feels right to give someone a second chance, but sometimes it's better to be very strict.
I am still forummod on an other server and I am really happy that we are banning hackers permanently because before we did that we even had more hackers on the server.

Let's be serious, most of the hackers are using an accountlist, this means that they are hacking with accounts that they don't own.
There are webpages (or even launchers) where you can get this accountlists for free. If you ban a hacker who used an accountlist, the hacker will log in with an other account. The worst thing you can do is unbanning this accounts after a period of time. In this case the hackers can join again and you'll have to ban them again. There are not many hackers which are writing an unban appeal but if they do you can be pretty sure that this is the only account the are owning and give them a second chance.

But unbanning Hackers automatically after a period of time is the WORST mistake you can do, I promise it will end in a disaster!

guardd

Forum Expert
Dec 14, 2014
Somewhere in Hungary
I also complety hate the permenant mute for sending an ip. Most people that join the server don's usually read rules, sending an ip is not that bad of a thing to be permenant mute and it should be maximum a 1 month mute if you send it. If it's a bot then permenant. I just can't imagine a kid who plays with his friends on ccg and says the ip of another server getting muted forever.

Last edited:

Komodо

Forum Professional
May 29, 2015
Amersfoort, The Netherlands
www.cubecraft.net
I also complety hate the permenant mute for an sending an ip. Most people that join the server don's usually read rules, sending an ip is not that bad of a thing to be permenant mute and it should be maximum a 1 month mute if you send it. If it's a bot then permenant. I just can't imagine a kid who plays with his friends on ccg and says the ip of another server getting muted forever.
100% agreed!

Members Online

Members online

Latest profile posts

Basketman wrote on Eli's profile.
Favourite how to tame a dragon movie, shoot.
Reesle wrote on ii6xxq's profile.
Welcome to the Official Cubecraft Forums!! Hope you enjoy your stay :)
Reesle wrote on Lucaatjee's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🎈
Matriox wrote on Kloska's profile.
day x
99th_DutchScary wrote on UncleSpect's profile.
Thanks for the follow! 💖
Top Bottom