Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net
Status
Not open for further replies.

Slovy

Mar 30, 2020
Heya!
As most here know, if you have discord nitro you can use animated emotes in the discord. And if you boost the server, you can also use emotes from other servers. I have seen that some people use emotes that have bright colours with fast animation while some people have sensitive eyes and some may also have epilepsy. This can cause serious consequences for the people that have this. And I have also seen that other servers have made this a rule too to avoid these things.
(and it is of course also annoying to see these emotes in the chat.)

What do I want to achieve with this?
I want there to be a rule where people can no longer use these kinds of emotes in the Discord.
For example, people with epilepsy can chat without having to worry about.
With this I try to keep CubeCraft as safe as possible for everyone!

Examples of epileptic emotes:
I have also seen that CubeCraft itself also has 2 of these emotes as you can see here:
Discord_NUsCApTLCN.png
Discord_DXI3ZEl5SC.png

This also means that I want these two emotes removed or slowed down.

Let me know what you think about this! :D
( I do know that this will be disagreed a lot since people love using these emotes. I just wanted to give it a try and please let me know why you disagree with it (: )

SpringWarz

Senior Moderator
Team CubeCraft
🛠️ Sr. Moderator
May 2, 2016
Scotland
www.google.co.uk
Removing these emotes wouldn't really solve anything as those who are nitro boosters can still use external emotes that are similar to these emotes. If anything and if we were to consider doing this, it would be better to have some sort of punishment track in place that would somewhat solve this.

Texbirds

Dedicated Member
Feb 29, 2020
Bird
1618777713070.png

There are settings in which you can turn off emotes and stickers being animated. Most people with epilepsy know about this and have turned emotes off, therefor I don't think this is necessary.

Also, these emotes are so small that if they aren't spammed- which isn't allowed btw - they won't take up a lot of space on your screen at all.

Slovy

Mar 30, 2020
View attachment 191537
There are settings in which you can turn off emotes and stickers being animated. Most people with epilepsy know about this and have turned emotes off, therefor I don't think this is necessary.

Also, these emotes are so small that if they aren't spammed- which isn't allowed btw - they won't take up a lot of space on your screen at all.
Woah! Yeah I haven't seen that ever before. That's why I thought that making this a rule would be good. But now that I've seen this it won't be necessary since you can turn of the animation. Thanks for the reply and the explanation! :D

Reactions: Texbirds
Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

GiGaGekkies wrote on xelii24's profile.
Happy Birthday
endertom100 wrote on BicolourSine41's profile.
Thanks for the follow!!! ^-^
Cool video that @Xi1m Made from today's stream check it out! (I uploaded it to youtube as the format wasn't supported xD)
Have a good day!
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on AuraVSTz's profile.
Thank you for the follow!:D
Screenshot 2024-05-24 3.31.51 PM.png

I'm excited to see what this is!
Top Bottom