Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net
Jun 28, 2019
Hello everyone,

So I was thinking that a / timer command can be very useful. For example, you have made an appointment with your parents to stop in 30 minutes, all you have to do is /timer 30m (m for minutes, s for seconds and h for hours). When the 30 minutes are up you will receive a popup notification on your screen with a sound that can be adjusted in the settings.

This is very useful for lazy people because otherwise, you must first set a timer on your phone or PC. This way it can be much easier!

Let's think about it!

Slimeyz

Dedicated Member
Oct 1, 2016
Belgium
You can use labymod. It contains a timer and is very easy to download. Only one thing you can't report people if you have labymod.

Jun 28, 2019
You can use labymod. It contains a timer and is very easy to download. Only one thing you can't report people if you have labymod.
Yes indeed, but most of the players on cube aren't using Laby, Of course, it's very easy to download it, but a small group players are kids who are playing on their parent's laptop and they are not allowed to download it.

Reactions: Slimeyz

Fesa

Quality Assurance
Team CubeCraft
🧪 Quality Assurance
💌 Customer Support
Oct 17, 2016
Yoitsu
Pronouns
She/Her
Well... no.
This would be a bit too much. You can use the in build clock on your pc. Which for windows is just pressing the Windows key and typing cl +enter and you're ready to make the timer.

I understand you, but I think, what I said, it gives the server a more functional look and some people are like wow, I have never seen this on a server!
I'm not sure why the server would need a functional look, in that specific way. It's not like you're going to use CubeCraft to set timers.
I'm sorry but I don't think this is needed at all.

Reactions: DrHam
Jun 28, 2019
Well... no.
This would be a bit too much. You can use the in build clock on your pc. Which for windows is just pressing the Windows key and typing cl +enter and you're ready to make the timer.
I understand, but if you don't like it, then you don't use it, it's not necessary to use it. And if you look at the number of actions, the windows timer has to do more actions to turn on a timer.
I'm not sure why the server would need a functional look, in that specific way. It's not like you're going to use CubeCraft to set timers.
I think no-one is going to use cubecraft as a timer, but I think a lot of people are thinking: That's a good function, more server need to do that. It's also not difficult to do set a timer.
I'm sorry but I don't think this is needed at all.
This is your opinion, there is nothing wrong with it either, but you don't have to use it if you want what I said before.

TheZigbot9000

Dedicated Member
Jan 3, 2016
The North Obsidian Pillar in The End
I understand, but if you don't like it, then you don't use it, it's not necessary to use it. And if you look at the number of actions, the windows timer has to do more actions to turn on a timer.

The thing about it is, there are so many ways to set timers, some completely hands free: (iPhone, Alexa, Google, Windows, etc.), so why do the Devs need to go through the trouble of adding a superfluous feature. I'm sure it won't be much trouble to add it but would go unused most of the time by the majority of players.

Reactions: Josher

RDzSeba

Jun 19, 2016
Dominican Republic
Hello everyone,

So I was thinking that a / timer command can be very useful. For example, you have made an appointment with your parents to stop in 30 minutes, all you have to do is /timer 30m (m for minutes, s for seconds and h for hours). When the 30 minutes are up you will receive a popup notification on your screen with a sound that can be adjusted in the settings.

This is very useful for lazy people because otherwise, you must first set a timer on your phone or PC. This way it can be much easier!

Let's think about it!

I do not see it necessary in any sense. If I have to go in 30 minutes I only see the clock on my computer and I will know or just an alarm on my cell phone or computer.

Meiske

Dedicated Member
Aug 27, 2017
The Netherlands
www.planetminecraft.com
I don't think this is really necessary since you can use a timer on your phone or computer like others have already mentioned before. If people are too lazy to just set a timer on their own device, that's their problem lol.

zMigi_

Jun 1, 2017
AmigoLand
zmigi.ca
Pronouns
They/Them
in my opinion its easier to set a timer on your phone or pc, some people even have smart watches and most of the things metioned before can be used hands free

Technosword

Forum Expert
Apr 21, 2020
US
I would use this, I have one thing to add to it though. Add an option to make it so after your game it brings you to the lobby so you don't keep playing. It's also nice to have it in one spot so you don't have to check your phone in the middle of the game. This would help players with self-control problems and it's a pretty original feature. +1

Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

𝑷𝑹𝑶 𝑾𝑰𝑵𝑵𝑨𝑨𝑹 wrote on Kloska's profile.
Happy bday 🥳
Xi1m wrote on Kloska's profile.
happy birthday!!
dvodany wrote on Kloska's profile.
Happy birthday klos! :heart:
Frontlane wrote on Kloska's profile.
Happy birthday! Welcome to club 21 😎
WorriedSkate940 wrote on Kloska's profile.
Happy birthday!!
Top Bottom