Status
Not open for further replies.

remio

Forum Professional
Sep 18, 2016
The Netherlands
www.youtube.com
Hey there!
I'm RemiO05 and I made a new suggestion thread!
This time it's about a new kind of staff rank!
I think it's a good idea to introduce players to the staff team!
Let me introduce my idea:

Let's add a new rank: Jr. Helper!
I know there are already a couple of threads made about this topic, but I wanted to make another thread about it!
I think adding the Jr. Helper rank would give the 'chosen ones' an idea what the staff team means and what you have to do!
After 1 month the Administrator (@Tacosbefriends) and his team will promote/demote the Jr. Helpers to member or Helper.
They will be known with the staff team and they will be known with problems like argues, bugs and other kind of problems.
They will also know how to handle with critism before you got promoted!
I think the Helpers must be known with problems, so that's why I want to see this rank at the server!

The path if this rank is added: Member-Jr Helper-Helper-Moderator-Sr.Moderator-Administrator-Management.
What do you think?
Do you want to see this rank added?
Comment below!

(I tagged some friends and some staff members) @Camezonda @Demiroo @Marieke2001 @Time_4_pvp @MajesticMark @Jespunyyy @Y_0_U_P @boyflo05 @skifby @Lezappen @XiiKa @Diogo @IWillOwnSkywars

Younisco

Forum Professional
May 13, 2014
london
67E32438-03F2-410D-9F59-3FB1A36BC8EE.jpeg

I see a problem with this — normally we give our helpers a month or so so that we can see their progress in terms of how they fit in the staff team, asking questions etc. Adding this just seems like their helper process will be prolonged, as we already give the “chosen ones” a chance to see how good they are in the helper trials, and if they’re good enough, we promote them.

Injunction

Forum Expert
Sep 2, 2016
In A Box In San Francisco
this really has no point
each staff rank has a purpose
even sr. mods
they are basically mentors to helpers and they can also deal with Sentinel reports
They will be known with the staff team and they will be known with problems like argues
what exactly is "argues" did you mean arguments?
normal helpers can't even see the bug report form any more
well you really shouldn't apply for helper if you can't
it did even say that in the original tips thread for applying, it told you to be thick-skinned

Honestly this would be a pointless staff rank
helper is already a mod in training if you think about it
they can't ban but they can report to the sr. mod to ban directly

So really isn't necessary

Tacosbefriends

Forum Professional
Jan 13, 2014
Breakfast for Dinner Club HQ
Way back in the days of yesteryear, we didn't have a helper rank; we just made people mods on their first day. This, for obvious reasons, created chaos. I remember on my first day, I screwed up 2 different things; I locked a thread too early and I muted someone for too long. Obviously, these aren't too dire, but I could've easily done a lot worse. This was due to the fact that there was absolutely no training period, no mentors program, and no helper trial back in the day. We made helper rank to be a sort of "this one's decent, but let's see how they handle it before giving them the ban hammer" rank.

Helper Jr. just seems a little unnecessary. The helper rank let us lower the bar of admission to the staff team a little bit because it reduced the risk of bringing a potentially bad mod onto the team by letting us get to know this person first. Helper Jr. just sounds like a way to lower the bar further to a quality I as a staff manager do not approve of. It's either extra steps, like Younis said, or it's just scraping the bottom of the barrel. Either way, this gets a thumbs down from me.

_The13thDoctor_

Forum Professional
Jul 23, 2016
Chicago, Illinois
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
View attachment 140608

I see a problem with this — normally we give our helpers a month or so so that we can see their progress in terms of how they fit in the staff team, asking questions etc. Adding this just seems like their helper process will be prolonged, as we already give the “chosen ones” a chance to see how good they are in the helper trials, and if they’re good enough, we promote them.

Say I was excepted for this.
I'm not perfect. This would be the first impression.
If I did badly. I would not move on. But maybe this rank is not PUBLICLY displayed. And keep in mind this might work. If tacos though someone was good but might need EXTRA work. Then it works. But Jr.Helpers would be a learning experience. More in depth. And if you move on then your trail. Truly Begins.

Reactions: remio

remio

Forum Professional
Sep 18, 2016
The Netherlands
www.youtube.com
Way back in the days of yesteryear, we didn't have a helper rank; we just made people mods on their first day. This, for obvious reasons, created chaos. I remember on my first day, I screwed up 2 different things; I locked a thread too early and I muted someone for too long. Obviously, these aren't too dire, but I could've easily done a lot worse. This was due to the fact that there was absolutely no training period, no mentors program, and no helper trial back in the day. We made helper rank to be a sort of "this one's decent, but let's see how they handle it before giving them the ban hammer" rank.

Helper Jr. just seems a little unnecessary. The helper rank let us lower the bar of admission to the staff team a little bit because it reduced the risk of bringing a potentially bad mod onto the team by letting us get to know this person first. Helper Jr. just sounds like a way to lower the bar further to a quality I as a staff manager do not approve of. It's either extra steps, like Younis said, or it's just scraping the bottom of the barrel. Either way, this gets a thumbs down from me.
Hmm, okay! Wanna lock my thread?

Demosiz

Dedicated Member
Jul 31, 2017
Earth
Hey there!
I'm RemiO05 and I made a new suggestion thread!
This time it's about a new kind of staff rank!
I think it's a good idea to introduce players to the staff team!
Let me introduce my idea:

Let's add a new rank: Jr. Helper!
I know there are already a couple of threads made about this topic, but I wanted to make another thread about it!
I think adding the Jr. Helper rank would give the 'chosen ones' an idea what the staff team means and what you have to do!
After 1 month the Administrator (@Tacosbefriends) and his team will promote/demote the Jr. Helpers to member or Helper.
They will be known with the staff team and they will be known with problems like argues, bugs and other kind of problems.
I think the Helpers must be known with problems, so that's why I want to see this rank at the server!

The path if this rank is added: Member-Jr Helper-Helper-Moderator-Sr.Moderator-Administrator-Management.
What do you think?
Do you want to see this rank added?
Comment below!

(I tagged some friends and some staff members) @Camezonda @Demiroo @Marieke2001 @Time_4_pvp @MajesticMark @Jespunyyy @Y_0_U_P @boyflo05 @skifby @Lezappen @XiiKa @Diogo @IWillOwnSkywars
Good but we dont need any more ranks in this community I think. Lets justt have these. If we have Jr: Helper it means we have so many staff members and I think its not good. Thanks for tagging me:D
Demiroo

Reactions: MarcoPlayzz
D

Deleted member 352903

I like the idea, the problem would be in find a colour for it...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

xHappyMood wrote on Reesle's profile.
you alright mate? that’s almost 3 years ago 😟
1715860985680.png
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on piggypiggyyoinkyoink's profile.
Happy Birthday!:D
Reesle wrote on piggypiggyyoinkyoink's profile.
Happy Birthday!! 🎂 🐷
Reesle wrote on wischmoppl's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🎈🧁
BurgerCat13 wrote on wischmoppl's profile.
Happy birthday wischii
Top Bottom