Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Sophie

Forum Professional
May 1, 2014
Arendine Sink
Arcade is awesome, let's make it even better!
Bow spleef vote option
We have a vote option for classic spleef, TNT Run and Splegg, so why not Bow Spleef? It's the only one of the four original spleef games to not have its own vote option. It might not be the most popular version, but if people are willing to vote for Splegg then they're willing to vote for anything.

Pizza Spleef vote option
Remember Pizza Spleef? If you don't, I'll give you a brief summary of the game. The map was a large pizza, and the "toppings" (Soul sand, red & green wool, glass, etc.) would each give the player a different power-up that corresponded with it when broken. For example, glass would make you invisible, soul sand would blind other players, red wool gave you speed, green wool gave you jump boost, obsidian created an explosion, etc. Why not make a whole new gamemode out of this concept? Each map could be one-layered and based off of different pizzas, and possess numerous toppings on it. Toppings will not respawn once broken, meaning there's a finite amount of them. Bonus points for having a two-layered pizza box map.

A few new ideas for toppings could be cheese, which slows down everybody in the area, or spice, which makes everybody nearby run very fast and causes their hunger to drain at a much faster rate.

Note: Hunger will not go down naturally on this map, though can nonetheless be refilled by breaking blocks.

Pizza Spleef achievements

Name:
Dough!
Requirements: Die within the first ten seconds
Reward: 25 experience, 10 points

Name:
Vegan
Requirements: Win the game without eating any part of the map
Reward: 250 experience, 1 cubelet

Name:
On a diet
Requirements: Win the game without eating any toppings
Reward: 150 experience, 50 points

Name:
More of a pasta person
Requirements: Blow up all six obsidian blocks on the pizza
Reward: 200 experience

Name:
Dough thank you
Requirements: Eat twenty-four toppings on one pizza!
Reward: 300 experience, 1 cubelet

Name: Burning calories
Requirements: Run 1,000 blocks on one pizza!

Name:
Maximum flavour
Requirements: Eat a total of 1,000 toppings
Reward: 500 experience, 2 cubelets

Name: Stuck in cheese
Requirements: Win a game without sprinting
Reward: 100 experience, 100 points

Paintball hit detection
Please have somebody look into the Paintball hit detection. Whenever you're really close to somebody, your shots will just not register. This is really frustrating, especially when you die to something that you shouldn't have, just because you were standing slightly too close to another player.

'Fixed obstacles' vote option
In Paintball, obstacles tend to spawn very early on and continue to do so throughout the game. My suggestion for a 'No obstacles' vote option was dismissed, so how about a vote option where the obstacles are "fixed"? In this mode, obstacles will be carefully placed prior to the game starting, and cannot be broken. They will be designed with cover in mind, rather than to mess up the momentum of the game.

Currently, obstacles have a habit of appearing directly in front of your spawn. They also have a habit of spawning on top of you as you're running by, causing you to glitch inside of them.

Enderpearls in Spleef
Just a neat additional power-up that could be considered ^.-

tbh, this didn't really need to be its own spoiler

Edit: Did not consider that enderpearls could be used to reach higher layers. As such, I no longer support this idea xd

Paintball power-ups suck
Paintball power-ups are really... bad. Some of them are great, like the health or machine ones, but others put you into a worse position than you were in prior to obtaining them. For example, in Shotgun mode, all other weapon power-ups give you a weapon that is worse than the shotgun, which is obviously the strongest weapon. What's more, is that once you've fired the stingy amount of ammo you were given for the weapon, you have zero shotgun shells remaining. What happened to them, did my avatar just throw them away when she picked up the super paintballs?

What would be better, is if these weapons could be switched between freely. For example, if I were to take the sniper power-up in Shotgun mode, I should have both weapons in my inventory. Then, I can switch between the two according to the situation I am in. Once I've depleted all my ammo for the sniper, I can find an ammo power-up to refill it. The sniper will only be lost on death; not when its ammo has been depleted.

Paintball map locking
Lego is without a doubt the most popular Paintball map. I can understand why; it's a tiny, super-flat map, which means that anybody can get a kill without even trying. Though, this map does get very boring. I personally love Oriental, but it rarely gets voted in. Thus, I propose "locking" a map for one round after it has been played. For example, if Lego was the last map to have been played, then players will not be able to vote for it in the next round. Then, if they choose say Village, then they won't be able to vote for Village in the next round, but will be able to vote for Lego again. This is just to make the game less stale, and to encourage more maps to be played.

Spleef invisibility is bad - how to fix
Spleef's invisibility power-up is really bad, because it doesn't actually hide you. Well, it does, but players can still see the shovel that you're holding. You cannot unequip the shovel, because you cannot scroll onto any of the empty spots on your hot-bar. I propose allowing us to do so, so that we can become truly invisible. Sneak attacks would be more viable then c:

Paintball - Chaos mode
We have Shotgun mode, Machine mode, Rocket mode... Why not have a Shotgun Machine mode, named 'Chaos mode'? In this mode, players will have both the Shotgun and the Machine power-ups active simultaneously, meaning that the shotgun's fire-rate cap is removed. This would be a new gamemode option rather than weapon option.

Rules of Chaos mode:
-All players have a Shotgun with increased ammo, and the 'Machine' power-up active throughout
-The game ends when one team reaches a hundred kills

Chaos mode achievements

Name: Destruction
Requirements: Kill fifty players in one game of 'Chaos mode'
Reward: 300 experience

Name:
Painted them black
Requirements: Win the game by more than 70 kills in 'Chaos mode'
Reward: 300 experience, 100 points

Name:
Unstoppable
Requirements: Go on a thirty killstreak in 'Chaos mode'
Reward: 350 experience, 100 points, 1 cubelet

Name:
Kaboom
Requirements: Kill ten players with grenades in 'Chaos mode'
Reward: 200 experience, 1 cubelet

Name:
How do I turn this thing off?
Requirements: Shoot over 3,000 projectiles in one game of 'Chaos mode'

Statistics book
Currently, if you want to view your statistics for a particular game, you have to join said game. Why not add a 'Statistics book' to the hot-bar of anybody in the Arcade lobby, which they can use to view their statistics for every Arcade game?

Thnx for reading c:

Edit: Oh, and this: https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/small-paintball-suggestion-pleaseee.197692/#post-904165

Last edited:

PerryJ

Forum Expert
Aug 28, 2016
Doofenshmirtzz Evil Inc.
Pronouns
He/Him
Haii there,

About the Bow Spleef vote option:
Yes. Just yes. Great idea. Me, @Spleefy and many others are still waiting for this option to come. If this would be implemented then we are very happy.

About the Paintball hit detection:
I'm gonna tag you for this @Bob_the_Giraffe since you often play Paintball. I don't know if this is a bug or not, because I'm not very good at Paintball. So maybe It's because of my noobness that I always miss my shots even when I'm really close to somebody.

About the Fixed Obstacles vote option:
I hope they will implement this option. I hate it when I want to shoot someone when suddenly an obstacle appears. I know that's part of the game, but sometimes you don't just want that. So yea I agree with you on this one.

About the enderpearls in Spleef:
I disagree. I can only think of 1 situation when the enderpearl comes in handy at Layer Spleef:
When you are on the last layer and the layer is either a Spleef layer or a Melting Snow layer and the layer is cutted in half for some reason and your side of the layer is almost gone. Then an enderpearl comes in handy to teleport you to the other side of the layer.

But for all the other situations the enderpearl is an annoying item to have. When you are playing Layer Spleef, you have so many gaps on the layers that It's almost impossible to aim properly. You can try it, but there is a high chance that you fall to the layer beneath you or worse, you fall to your death. The enderpearl is based on luck and in Layer Spleef that's the last thing you want because this game is based on skill in my opinion rather then luck.

About the Paintball power-ups suck:
To be honest I don't have an opinion on that part since I'm not playing paintball that much.

About the Paintball map locking:
This a a good idea and not only for the game Paintball, but for all the Arcade games. I agree.

About the Spleef invisibility is bad - how to fix:
I think you're doing something wrong then. I can be fully invisible when I got that powerup if I choose an empty slot. I suggest you should try it again, however even if you are fully invisible I can still see you, because if you walk or run, you make (dust?) pixels that's easily to see on the Spleef layer or the Melting Snow layer.

About the Chaos Mode on Paintball:
Oehh I like this game mode! Nice idea. Nice achievements too. I like long games so I would definitely play this if this would be implemented.

About the Statistics Book - Arcade Lobby:
Yea sure, why not? I like it!

Nice suggestions!

Sophie

Forum Professional
May 1, 2014
Arendine Sink
About the Spleef invisibility is bad - how to fix:
I think you're doing something wrong then. I can be fully invisible when I got that powerup if I choose an empty slot. I suggest you should try it again, however even if you are fully invisible I can still see you, because if you walk or run, you make (dust?) pixels that's easily to see on the Spleef layer or the Melting Snow layer.
Whenever I try to choose an empty slot, it just reverts me back to either the shovel or the snowballs :c

PerryJ

Forum Expert
Aug 28, 2016
Doofenshmirtzz Evil Inc.
Pronouns
He/Him
That's just really weird. Maybe you are using a weird texturepack or something like that? @Tacosbefriends do you have a solution for this? When @Sophie wants to be invisible she can't use an empty slot to be fully invisible. But I can and I know you can too. How is that possible?

Tacosbefriends

Forum Professional
Jan 13, 2014
Breakfast for Dinner Club HQ
Bow spleef and pizza options sound cool. I'd like to see voting options for all the layers, including lava and melting snow.

Paintball hit detection is actually because snowballs don't spawn directly inside your player; they spawn slightly ahead of you. It's kind of realistic, since if you had a gun, the bullets don't come out of you; they come out of the muzzle. Could probably be tweaked though.

I hate obstacles with a burning passion. They always seem to manage to get in my way. I'd love a voting option to turn the darned things off.

Enderpearls in spleef could be super OP depending on the layer. I'm gonna say no on this one.

Paintball powerups do pretty badly screw the player over in shotgun mode. Could probably be fixed by moving the slots around in which bullet types spawn.

Not a fan of map locking, since we'd either do this for none or all of our arcade games. Then we'd just have a ton of sign boards or something. It's just easier to let people vote in my opinion.

Invisibility works. Just select your second inventory slots, the one that usually has leaps, bombs, snowballs, etc.

Chaos mode sounds scary. Not sure how I feel. Could be neat, I guess.

Again, we like consistency on Cubecraft. If we're adding a stats book, we'd probably try to do it for every single game. We also want to keep the hotbar not-so-cramped in case we want to add new stuff that requires a hotbar slot.

Cool suggestions! I'd like to see some of these implemented.

AFreakingCookie (Hank)

Dedicated Member
Apr 3, 2016
Arcade is awesome, let's make it even better!
Bow spleef vote option
We have a vote option for classic spleef, TNT Run and Splegg, so why not Bow Spleef? It's the only one of the four original spleef games to not have its own vote option. It might not be the most popular version, but if people are willing to vote for Splegg then they're willing to vote for anything.

Pizza Spleef vote option
Remember Pizza Spleef? If you don't, I'll give you a brief summary of the game. The map was a large pizza, and the "toppings" (Soul sand, red & green wool, glass, etc.) would each give the player a different power-up that corresponded with it when broken. For example, glass would make you invisible, soul sand would blind other players, red wool gave you speed, green wool gave you jump boost, obsidian created an explosion, etc. Why not make a whole new gamemode out of this concept? Each map could be one-layered and based off of different pizzas, and possess numerous toppings on it. Toppings will not respawn once broken, meaning there's a finite amount of them. Bonus points for having a two-layered pizza box map.

A few new ideas for toppings could be cheese, which slows down everybody in the area, or spice, which makes everybody nearby run very fast and causes their hunger to drain at a much faster rate.

Note: Hunger will not go down naturally on this map, though can nonetheless be refilled by breaking blocks.

Pizza Spleef achievements

Name:
Dough!
Requirements: Die within the first ten seconds
Reward: 25 experience, 10 points

Name:
Vegan
Requirements: Win the game without eating any part of the map
Reward: 250 experience, 1 cubelet

Name:
On a diet
Requirements: Win the game without eating any toppings
Reward: 150 experience, 50 points

Name:
More of a pasta person
Requirements: Blow up all six obsidian blocks on the pizza

Name:
Dough thank you
Requirements: Eat twenty-four toppings on one pizza!
Reward: 300 experience, 1 cubelet

Name: Burning calories
Requirements: Run 1,000 blocks on one pizza!

Name:
Maximum flavour
Requirements: Eat a total of 1,000 toppings
Reward: 500 experience, 2 cubelets

Name: Stuck in cheese
Requirements: Win a game without sprinting
Reward: 100 experience, 100 points

Paintball hit detection
Please have somebody look into the Paintball hit detection. Whenever you're really close to somebody, your shots will just not register. This is really frustrating, especially when you die to something that you shouldn't have, just because you were standing slightly too close to another player.

'Fixed obstacles' vote option
In Paintball, obstacles tend to spawn very early on and continue to do so throughout the game. My suggestion for a 'No obstacles' vote option was dismissed, so how about a vote option where the obstacles are "fixed"? In this mode, obstacles will be carefully placed prior to the game starting, and cannot be broken. They will be designed with cover in mind, rather than to mess up the momentum of the game.

Currently, obstacles have a habit of appearing directly in front of your spawn. They also have a habit of spawning on top of you as you're running by, causing you to glitch inside of them.

Enderpearls in Spleef
Just a neat additional power-up that could be considered ^.-

tbh, this didn't really need to be its own spoiler

Edit: Did not consider that enderpearls could be used to reach higher layers. As such, I no longer support this idea xd

Paintball power-ups suck
Paintball power-ups are really... bad. Some of them are great, like the health or machine ones, but others put you into a worse position than you were in prior to obtaining them. For example, in Shotgun mode, all other weapon power-ups give you a weapon that is worse than the shotgun, which is obviously the strongest weapon. What's more, is that once you've fired the stingy amount of ammo you were given for the weapon, you have zero shotgun shells remaining. What happened to them, did my avatar just throw them away when she picked up the super paintballs?

What would be better, is if these weapons could be switched between freely. For example, if I were to take the sniper power-up in Shotgun mode, I should have both weapons in my inventory. Then, I can switch between the two according to the situation I am in. Once I've depleted all my ammo for the sniper, I can find an ammo power-up to refill it. The sniper will only be lost on death; not when its ammo has been depleted.

Paintball map locking
Lego is without a doubt the most popular Paintball map. I can understand why; it's a tiny, super-flat map, which means that anybody can get a kill without even trying. Though, this map does get very boring. I personally love Oriental, but it rarely gets voted in. Thus, I propose "locking" a map for one round after it has been played. For example, if Lego was the last map to have been played, then players will not be able to vote for it in the next round. Then, if they choose say Village, then they won't be able to vote for Village in the next round, but will be able to vote for Lego again. This is just to make the game less stale, and to encourage more maps to be played.

Spleef invisibility is bad - how to fix
Spleef's invisibility power-up is really bad, because it doesn't actually hide you. Well, it does, but players can still see the shovel that you're holding. You cannot unequip the shovel, because you cannot scroll onto any of the empty spots on your hot-bar. I propose allowing us to do so, so that we can become truly invisible. Sneak attacks would be more viable then c:

Paintball - Chaos mode
We have Shotgun mode, Machine mode, Rocket mode... Why not have a Shotgun Machine mode, named 'Chaos mode'? In this mode, players will have both the Shotgun and the Machine power-ups active simultaneously, meaning that the shotgun's fire-rate cap is removed. This would be a new gamemode option rather than weapon option.

Rules of Chaos mode:
-All players have a Shotgun with increased ammo, and the 'Machine' power-up active throughout
-The game ends when one team reaches a hundred kills

Chaos mode achievements

Name: Destruction
Requirements: Kill fifty players in one game of 'Chaos mode'

Name:
Painted them black
Requirements: Win the game by more than 70 kills in 'Chaos mode'
Reward: 300 experience, 100 points

Name:
Unstoppable
Requirements: Go on a thirty killstreak in 'Chaos mode'
Reward: 350 experience, 100 points, 1 cubelet

Name:
Kaboom
Requirements: Kill ten players with grenades in 'Chaos mode'
Reward: 200 experience, 1 cubelet

Name:
How do I turn this thing off?
Requirements: Shoot over 3,000 projectiles in one game of 'Chaos mode'

Statistics book
Currently, if you want to view your statistics for a particular game, you have to join said game. Why not add a 'Statistics book' to the hot-bar of anybody in the Arcade lobby, which they can use to view their statistics for every Arcade game?

Thnx for reading c:

Edit: Oh, and this: https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/small-paintball-suggestion-pleaseee.197692/#post-904165
I agree. I would also like to see ALL options for spleef available. I like spleef, it is somewhat my only favorite arcade game because it makes me think about the old school days, but it would be nice if you could vote for all of them like the melting snow layer. My favorite is the melting snow layer

Spleefy

Novice Member
May 27, 2017
Arcade
Great suggestions. For the spleef mode voting, the first thing that people noticed was that there was no bowspleef option. Why this is the case, I do not know. But I would love to see this become an option. If you can choose the other game modes, why not bowspleef? Bowspleef is an exciting spleef mode. Bowspleef FTW.

Pizza spleef is, in my opinion, a must-have spleef game. It's challenging, exciting, and super fun.

I used to be a very decent at paintball in classic arcade. While I do like the new paintball, I've definitely taken the prize for ultimate noobness in the new paintball haha. I'm not sure what it is, but it seems everyone is excellent at it, while I struggle to get decent shots in. Thus, this is probably not a bug but more to do with how I am playing it.

For invisibility, as it was mentioned, just scroll to the second slot in your hotbar... at least that's what I do. You can usually tell if someone is invisible if they have something in that slot, such as snowballs, and by the trail when they walk. However, invisibility appears to work as intended on my end.

I don't like the idea of map locking -- it would be too restrictive and will take away flexibility and freedom of choice.

Bob_the_Giraffe

Dedicated Member
Nov 5, 2013
Canada
As tacos mentioned, the snowballs down shoot out of your body :P (although that would be a pretty funny) but ahead of you! I can say it does get a little annoying sometimes when you die because of that and it could be something that can get looked into.

Jackxist

Dedicated Member
Apr 25, 2016
Capetown, South Africa
I would have to agree with all your suggestions, they all seem like they can fit in and be able to make arcade so much better. +1 from me and have a nice day :)

Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

qKhalidd wrote on Muhh's profile.
:3
qKhalidd wrote on Shamel's profile.
happy birthday!
qKhalidd wrote on deoxyq's profile.
happy birthday!
Reesle wrote on deoxyq's profile.
Happy Birthday, Deoxyq!! 🎂🎈