Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Should we be able to personally mute/block a player?

• Yes

Votes: 11 78.6%
  • No

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Maybe with some adjustments.

Votes: 1 7.1%

• Total voters

QueenHammie

Feb 7, 2017
Stealing shampoo bottles from hotels
We all know that one annoying player who repeatedly keeps bugging you and saying rude/obnoxious things in chat. My suggestion is being able to block or mute a player in game. The player wouldn't be blocked or muted for anyone else but you, so you can play the game and talk in peace without being disrespected by an annoying player.
Edit- a mod would not mute the person, you could just /ignore them. It would be a great thing to have since players that your report don't get punished right away.

Last edited:

Sharz

Dedicated Member
Aug 15, 2015
Barcelona
www.youtube.com
Wouldn't be a bad addition the /ignore command, but I prefer not. If players could use this command maybe half of them wouldn't report the rule breaker, because the spammer (for example) wouldn't bother them anymore. So I don't like this idea 100% because would encourage players to ignore rule breakers instead of reporting them.

matcha

Forum Veteran
Nov 15, 2016
Droptown
Wouldn't be a bad addition the /ignore command, but I prefer not. If players could use this command maybe half of them wouldn't report the rule breaker, because the spammer (for example) wouldn't bother them anymore. So I don't like this idea 100% because would encourage players to ignore rule breakers instead of reporting them.

I disagree with your point. If someone was actually serious about reporting, then they would do it. It's not like this feature would entirely stop people from reporting. Even if the person who did the command didn't report, you'll have others who would do it.

Reactions: QueenHammie

ChaosConjurer

Dedicated Member
Aug 30, 2016
Canada
It's a good idea, but as said above, it "could" discourage reporting of players however, it could be very useful after you report a player. I have to deal with reporting a player for chat related messages and continue to be bombarded by obscene messages until such time the player is dealt with by staff. :)
This idea would have pros and cons, but I do support it.

Last edited:
Reactions: QueenHammie

_The13thDoctor_

Forum Professional
Jul 23, 2016
Chicago, Illinois
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
We all know that one annoying player who repeatedly keeps bugging you and saying rude/obnoxious things in chat. My suggestion is being able to block or mute a player in game. The player wouldn't be blocked or muted for anyone else but you, so you can play the game and talk in peace without being disrespected by an annoying player.

Muteing someone would be to OP
Only Mods+ can do that

Ignoreing is a great idea!!!

Update: Oh I see like block there messages in chat?
I guess that could be a good idea to

Reactions: bighotdogg

Ducky

Forum Professional
Dec 31, 2015
The Netherlands
You can't report players for everything. So in that sort of situations, this would be a good addition, the /ignore command. I mean, you can't report someone if he/she is spamming you with friend requests if you denied it.

Last edited:
Reactions: _The13thDoctor_

GeldHaftige

Dedicated Member
May 4, 2017
Belgium
Many people are suggesting for adding the new command /ignore. You can also ignore them without this command. If he doesn't swear or anything he doesn't anything wrong isn't There any problem. What is the difference between ignoring Someone And using this command--> only that you don't see his text. If you ignore him he Will automatically stop with being annoying. I don't think that it is necessary.

Sharz

Dedicated Member
Aug 15, 2015
Barcelona
www.youtube.com
You can't report players for everything.
Hey, I didn't know that! Thanks for the information @iCheeetah.
I mean, you can't report someone if he/she is spamming you with friend requests if you denied it.
You're wrong. You can report someone if he's spamming you with friend requests, spam is spam, doesn't matter how. It's not necessary but I'm going to show you the proofs of that, just to finish here the conversation. https://reports.cubecraft.net/report/evidence/BJyKjCz8mEmsktTWF5gG

Cheers.

BlueQuakeAdmin_

Apr 17, 2016
Earth
I disagree with your point. If someone was actually serious about reporting, then they would do it. It's not like this feature would entirely stop people from reporting. Even if the person who did the command didn't report, you'll have others who would do it.
True

GeldHaftige

Dedicated Member
May 4, 2017
Belgium

You're wrong. You can report someone if he's spamming you with friend requests, spam is spam, doesn't matter how. It's not necessary but I'm going to show you the proofs of that, just to finish here the conversation. https://reports.cubecraft.net/report/evidence/BJyKjCz8mEmsktTWF5gG

Cheers.
You're right spamming is spamming. Only you become spammed. It isn't in chat, But the person that was spamming you will never get a mute for this. Only a warning, But that is the same for spamming in global ;).

Ducky

Forum Professional
Dec 31, 2015
The Netherlands

Cheers.
Mhmm, strange. I asked in staff-help on Discord if friend requests spamming is muteable and a Moderator said 'Muting him won't help. The best you can do now is just ignoring him.'

Members Online

Members online

Latest profile posts

Basketman wrote on xLucq's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🥳
Mr Jii Gamer wrote on xLucq's profile.
Happy birthday 🎈
Mr Jii Gamer wrote on Mintypie231's profile.
Happy birthday
Basketman wrote on Mintypie231's profile.
Happy Birthday mister daily facts! 🥳
JustNathie wrote on Camezonda's profile.
Happy Birthday! 💜 🎉
Top Bottom