Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

iTBD

Forum Expert
Apr 26, 2020
Bulgaria
Hello people on Cubecraft! Today I'd like to suggest a change to the way the /report command works. As you may or may not know, that command is available for everyone who has Iron rank or higher, but I don't think it should stay that way. The purpose of this command is to get rid of rulebreakers, and currently there is no easy way to get access to it without having bought a rank, which is why I suggest a new way for Stone ranked players to obtain access to the command.

My suggestion is to add an application form on the forums (or maybe ingame if it's possible) where Stone ranked players will be able to request access to the command. These applications can be reviewed by SrModerators and some Moderators who would like to help. Some basic requirements could be having X amount of accepted reports on the website or Y accepted /sr reports, as well as whatever else the staff team thinks might be needed. If someone has these X or Y accepted reports, that proves they care about the server and would like to help even more. This would help the staff team punish more rulebreakers faster, as more people would be able to access the command.

Of course, there will be trolls who will find a way to abuse getting this permission as a Stone ranked player and would cause harm to the server, but those could always get their permission removed, while the players who actually want to use the command to help the server will do so. Of course, we cannot know anything yet, but I suppose that over time this suggestion would do more good for the server compared to the trolling it would cause.

These ""
At the end of the day, any player who uses the /report command wants to help the server (unless they're trolling, which is an issue for another suggestion :p), and charging people money for ranks to get this 100% voluntary help doesn't sound right to me in the slightest. And no, "staff are gonna have way too many reports to handle" is not a valid excuse, as not every single player would be able to get access to the command, and the staff team on the Java server isn't that small now.

But what do you think? Please share your opinion, I'd like to hear it!

Last edited:

khco

Dedicated Member
Aug 17, 2021
Minecraft
Omg YES!!! I really agree, I am a stone rank pro (even though I am going to get emerald rank "soon"), but I never got access to this command! I mean, I am ready to report more hackers!

• Agree
Reactions: iTBD

xHappyMood

Forum Expert
Apr 10, 2020
The Land Of Pigs
staff are gonna have way too many reports to handle
you obviously never use /report, the reports most of the time don't even get handled rn let alone if there are a bunch of stone ranks that could also use it, stone ranks can just use /sr if they want, having /report really isn't an 'advantage' anyway as the reports never get handled

• Unsure
Reactions: Goefy and iTBD

iTBD

Forum Expert
Apr 26, 2020
Bulgaria
you obviously never use /report, the reports most of the time don't even get handled rn let alone if there are a bunch of stone ranks that could also use it, stone ranks can just use /sr if they want, having /report really isn't an 'advantage' anyway as the reports never get handled
It's true that most of the time the reports just expire without anyone taking a look, but that isn't the case 24/7. It's also worth a mention that most /sr reports never get through because barely anyone knows the command exists, and on top of that they also need to be checked, just like regural reports. And I never intended to describe "/report" as an advantage, as it isn't, it is just a nice and sometimes time-saving command you can use (or at least try to use), and I see no reason why Stone ranked players who have proven they want to report hackers shouldn't be given a chance to have it.

• Agree
Reactions: khco

Matriox

Forum Expert
Jun 15, 2020
Ireland
discord.gg
Pronouns
He/Him
I don't see a reason to disagree with this suggestion.

A huge problem on Java is hackers coming back on alts and therefor it is useless to go through the process of recording a video, uploading it to YouTube, having to edit it down etc when you could just /report the person. People know that doing the whole reports process is not worth it in a game where hackers will just come back, and in those sort of games most people who are playing are stone ranks. It would be incredibly valuable and in my opinion essential to the increased moderation of petty hacking if people could report, people will only do it if its a fast process.

Having an application process is an excellent idea in my opinion as it would ensure all people with access to the report command have a good idea already about what hacks look like and what the rules are using website reports or /sr reports to establish this.

I would love to hear one good reason as to why this wouldn't work
- /sr is not an alternative to /report.
- You would not have too many /report(s) to handle as most /report(s) will be of the same people and there will be less troll reports as you will only have access when you have a good idea of the rules and what hacks look like already.

In my opinion this would be a huge step forward to improving the amount of hackers visible in PVP games

ItzJustNiels

Novice Member
Apr 23, 2020
Netherlands
Really good suggestion. Even tho at first glance I wouldn't agree with giving stone ranks permission to /report because of the spam reports, I completely agree with you.
They should have their minecraft account linked to the forums, and If they have the required amount of reports the applications for the /report command would be visible for them. That should be added so they don't get applications with people that don't meet the requirements.
(I don't know If that's possible, but If it is possible they should do that)

• Agree
Reactions: iTBD

Lqgend.

Novice Member
Apr 5, 2020
Brazil
I wouldn’t agree to giving stone ranks /report without some sort of application to show they understand the rules. But with this it makes more sense. This isn’t a bad idea, but I’m not sure if this would be easy to implement especially if it requires giving/ removing permissions often. On Java I don’t really see loads of hackers and when there is a hacker someone with a rank will almost always be in the game. I play FFA which used to be full of hackers but these days it’s rare to see a hacker once a week. If this suggestion is implemented well it could work although it might not be possible or even something that the staff team wants, considering buying a rank has the perk of reporting.

• Unsure
  • Disagree
Reactions: SoloWarz and iTBD

Matriox

Forum Expert
Jun 15, 2020
Ireland
discord.gg
Pronouns
He/Him
I wouldn’t agree to giving stone ranks /report without some sort of application to show they understand the rules. But with this it makes more sense. This isn’t a bad idea, but I’m not sure if this would be easy to implement especially if it requires giving/ removing permissions often. On Java I don’t really see loads of hackers and when there is a hacker someone with a rank will almost always be in the game. I play FFA which used to be full of hackers but these days it’s rare to see a hacker once a week. If this suggestion is implemented well it could work although it might not be possible or even something that the staff team wants, considering buying a rank has the perk of reporting.
i don't go into assassinations without seeing a hacker, and Cubecraft are stupid for the lack of words that actually follow the rules 😳 if they believe that /reporting is a benefit to the ranked player and not a benefit to Cubecraft themselves, Hacking is a problem and it needs to be solved, the less hackers the more appealing Cubecraft is to people and that comes with people being easily able to report hackers

• Agree
Reactions: khco and iTBD

iTBD

Forum Expert
Apr 26, 2020
Bulgaria
No one said it would be easy to implement, but implementing pretty much anything comes with some kind of difficulties, and I think that if the Cubecraft Team decides it is helpful, they will implement it regardless of the difficulties. You may not see lots of hackers in FFA, but that doesn't mean there are no hackers in the other minigames at that time. You, as a normal player, are not obliged to use the /report command when you see a hacker - it is something that you can either do or not do. But the outcome of the usage of the command is that hackers get punished - something essential to keep normal players on the server, as I don't think anyone would want to play on a server where there are lots of hackers. Therefore, by using /report, you, 100% voluntarily, choose to help Cubecraft, and I just don't think Cubecraft should "force" players to buy a rank to do something which would end up helping them.

• Agree
Reactions: khco

khco

Dedicated Member
Aug 17, 2021
Minecraft
Dude, the server is not all about FFA, there are MORE than 15 games that are not FFA, and I know that you are on the FFA leaderboard, but I don't think that you would make a suggestion this great depending only on FFA... @iTBD and @Matriox are right... If you ask me? I would of course want to report those 15 hackers that I see daily, in all game modes...

khco

Dedicated Member
Aug 17, 2021
Minecraft
:doubt: the outcome of it is most of the time that nothing happens
I mean, I am not sure since I don't use /reports, but as Matriox said, it gets accepted, so I am sure, that at least it will get to be seen, or as you said, "most of the time nothing happens" so there would technically be fewer hackers when this suggestion gets implemented... right?

I think that is just logic since it might be always seen, or if you were right on this thing, then at least some might be looked at. And probably CubeCraft would focus more on it since it might get more reporters and then, gets to a high chance to be seen (if not already, because again, I can't use /report)

Lqgend.

Novice Member
Apr 5, 2020
Brazil
Dude, the server is not all about FFA, there are MORE than 15 games that are not FFA, and I know that you are on the FFA leaderboard, but I don't think that you would make a suggestion this great depending only on FFA... @iTBD and @Matriox are right... If you ask me? I would of course want to report those 15 hackers that I see daily, in all game modes...
It was an example, I did not say that it’s a problem that is just FFA.

Ibbex

Novice Member
Dec 3, 2019
Hello people on Cubecraft! Today I'd like to suggest a change to the way the /report command works. As you may or may not know, that command is available for everyone who has Iron rank or higher, but I don't think it should stay that way. The purpose of this command is to get rid of rulebreakers, and currently there is no easy way to get access to it without having bought a rank, which is why I suggest a new way for Stone ranked players to obtain access to the command.

My suggestion is to add an application form on the forums (or maybe ingame if it's possible) where Stone ranked players will be able to request access to the command. These applications can be reviewed by SrModerators and some Moderators who would like to help. Some basic requirements could be having X amount of accepted reports on the website or Y accepted /sr reports, as well as whatever else the staff team thinks might be needed. If someone has these X or Y accepted reports, that proves they care about the server and would like to help even more. This would help the staff team punish more rulebreakers faster, as more people would be able to access the command.

Of course, there will be trolls who will find a way to abuse getting this permission as a Stone ranked player and would cause harm to the server, but those could always get their permission removed, while the players who actually want to use the command to help the server will do so. Of course, we cannot know anything yet, but I suppose that over time this suggestion would do more good for the server compared to the trolling it would cause.

These ""
At the end of the day, any player who uses the /report command wants to help the server (unless they're trolling, which is an issue for another suggestion :p), and charging people money for ranks to get this 100% voluntary help doesn't sound right to me in the slightest. And no, "staff are gonna have way too many reports to handle" is not a valid excuse, as not every single player would be able to get access to the command, and the staff team on the Java server isn't that small now.

But what do you think? Please share your opinion, I'd like to hear it!
I think they only allow rankers to use this command because almost everyone that are stone rankers are pretty new at the game, not being good at the game and would spam /report everyone because they think everyone are hacking. Rankers are usally people who have played on the server for a while and understands the difference between a hacker and a pro. They are usally old enough to speak 2 languages and they can both write and type it.

So to prevent spam reports, they let more trusted and loayl players to report.
I'm not saying rankers are better than stone ranker, there are stone rankers that deserves the command more than rankers. But just to limit the spam they have to do it. ;-;

• Agree
Reactions: Amazinq

iTBD

Forum Expert
Apr 26, 2020
Bulgaria
I think they only allow rankers to use this command because almost everyone that are stone rankers are pretty new at the game, not being good at the game and would spam /report everyone because they think everyone are hacking. Rankers are usally people who have played on the server for a while and understands the difference between a hacker and a pro. They are usally old enough to speak 2 languages and they can both write and type it.

So to prevent spam reports, they let more trusted and loayl players to report.
I'm not saying rankers are better than stone ranker, there are stone rankers that deserves the command more than rankers. But just to limit the spam they have to do it. ;-;
Did you actually read the suggestion? Because that's not what I suggested at all -_-

Members Online

Latest profile posts

TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Capitan's profile.
Congratulations on hitting over 4 000 in Reaction Score! 💙
some people need to talk to their internet provider to buy them a gym membership because theyre too FAT to take knockback
Today... 216 wins in one day!
1711671596534.png
Top Bottom