Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Click Greatness

Jan 23, 2021
Greatness
www.youtube.com
THIS IS NOT MEANT TO BASH ON SKYBLOCK AT ALL. THE GAME IS ALREADY GREAT AS IT IS BUT I FEEL IT COULD HAVE BEEN BETTER

WHY CUBECRAFT SKYBLOCK IS FLAWED AT THE CORE GAME DESIGN

This is my opinion and it is best read for people at least at island 6. Skyblock‘s core foundation works as where you plant a tree, log off, chop it down tomorrow, and repeat. Why is it cubecraft designed skyblock like this? Where there are times where you physically cannot do anything that would help you progress through your quests without waiting.​

Cubecraft could’ve had quests that are like kill 50 guardians. But the only way to kill guardians is to go through a portal at the hub that leads to an ocean monument. There would be physically no way to automate a guardian farm and you would have to go through the process of killing them yourself to get furthur through the quests. I think that’s just a better style of gameplay than waiting.

WHY SKYBLOCK IS FLAWED MORE BADLY THAN CLASH OF CLANS

Now popular mobile game clash of clans should in theory also have this waiting play style right? Ehhhh, kinda. You see back in 2014 it did. You were forced to wait for your army to train before being able to battle again. And an army would take maybe 2 hours maximum to train. So it was similar to cubecrafts waiting. However in coc you battled bases to get more loot to upgrade your base. Cubecraft skyblock is literally coc but the only way you could get loot is from your pumps and gold mines.

Clash of clans has a small waiting time for training armies but they do increase as you progress further. Eventually at town hall 10 it gets too repetitive so most people quit. Now in 2021 coc town hall 13 upgrades take weeks so to counter this the builder base doesn’t require your army to train and people can always just trophy push. But at the same time it limits your amount of daily loot so you don’t complete it in a month.

Now how does this tie into cubecraft skyblock? Skyblock makes waiting a part of the game. Coc is more grindy and skyblock is more waiting. Apparently there’s always something to do but how can that happen when to progress through your quests you have to just wait for your trees to grow? Sure there’s always side quests but those follow the exact same pattern when you must wait for things to produce. CubeCraft skyblock was designed with waiting as a core aspect. You can use the argument that skyblock is meant to be played between Pvp based games but there’s people who only play cubecraft for their skyblock.

Coc has done things such as the builder base to ease the pain of waiting on upgrades. Coc despite not getting many major updates have things such as clan war leagues and clan games and events that will always change your experience every 2 weeks to keep the gameplay fresh and exciting. Cubecraft skyblock doesn’t and cannot have that luxury unless the developers pay all their attention to skyblock which I don’t want to happen.

WHAT I DO NOT WANT

Now how does cubecraft innovate and keep players interested while still sticking to a vanilla like experience? Because I don’t want cubecraft to start resorting to modded items to keep the gameplay interesting. There are a few possible routes they could take. However from what they’ve done with the nether, the end is probably just gonna be more waiting days for things to grow. Like I’m sure they are planning on an enderdragon fight and an elytra reward and you‘ll just have to make an endermen farm and the quests are gonna be like harvest 10k chorus fruit or something like that.

That‘s the obvious route they probably will take. But then it will be like a week for one chorus tree to grow and at least I don’t want that. What cubecraft needs is something that will always have a different experience every few weeks yet the developers wouldn’t have to make that experience from scratch every time. So we need to keep both players and the developers happy.

WHAT I THINK THE END SHOULD LOOK LIKE

I suggest that the way to get endermen is to explore an end cave or something. But the thing with this end caveis that you can’t place or break blocks in the end cave. So to get endermen you will be forced to enter this end cave and kill endermen that spawn without any way of making an automatic farm. This will force players to actually play the game instead of sitting at a mob farm.

There will of course also be an end city somewhere. But the thing with this end city should be that it’s a randomly generated one and it will randomly generated every every 5 days. This will make the experience slightly different some of the time. Sometimes there will be an end ship, others not. sometimes you will get more shulkers, deal with it. But for the first time you get to the end city there Should always be an end ship if that’s possible. And then later on in a quest you get like an unbreaking 5 elytra that doesn’t actually cost more to repair because theres Unbreaking on it or something. I would suggest a reward of a quest to be a mending elytra but I think the servers are run on 1.10 so mending doesn’t exist :(

Of course there will be a classic dragon boss and other things but this suggestion isn’t meant for the dragon itself as I believe cubecraft is perfectly capable on making a good way to summon the dragon seeing what they’ve done with the wither is not the worst thing in the world. Having 1.10 servers really do suck as they’re so many things they could add if it an updated version but I fully undertaken why java cubecarft has to stay at 1.10.

Now does this suggestion completely stop the cycle of waiting? No. And at this point waiting is apart of cubecraft’s skyblock identity that cannot be taken away. But this suggestion does lighten and renew things for active players of the community. I would like to see woodland mansions but that’s 1.11 so not happening though ocean monuments were 1.8 I think so there‘s hope that we do see a quest where you must kill guardians but you can’t make a guardian farm and you have to actually explore the monument to kill them.

SUGGESTIONS FOR NON END DIMENSION ISLANDS

Now do I think this is a good suggestion? Yes. Do I think this will be added? No. Do I think new players will get as far as the end to even see the cycle of waiting slow down? Big no. Now let‘s take a very quick look at another direction skyblock could go. Y’all ever played Mario odyssey of breath of the wild? I’ll use odyssey as an example.

You see in odyssey you are rewarded with new areas if the game to explore for collecting power moons. The game has 999 moons I think. However the game stops rewarding you with new content to play after you reach 500 moons. The other 500 are just more grind for nothing. Usually a game would give the players an incentive to complete the game. Why is odyssey such a popular game when it doesn’t even follow this classic formula? This is because Nintendo are ok with players only playing up to end of the story mode. They aren’t motivating players to find the rest if their secrets because they are confident the players will enjoy the game even without it.

All the content in the game is for someone. Not for everyone. This is what cubecraft could do. They could add more islands in the overworld however there wouldn’t be anything in those islands that would be needed to unlock the end. They should make it so that the things in the nether unlock the end and the end will have items that sell for more than the overworld. However the overworld will still have more islands which while can be used to make things more efficient in the end, they should only be played because the players want to explore them.

The player should be incentivized to go to the end but not to the future nether and overworld islands. This could allow cubecraft to add silly and easy quests in the next overworld and nether islands because they aren’t meant to be played by the majority of the players. They need to be confident that their content is good and that they don’t need to give players rewards just to play the content. This is why they can make the end a lot less waiting and a lot more gameplay while the nether and overworld can stay as the waiting game that’s meant to be done on the side of the end quests.

CONCLUSION

So to summarize. The end should be a lot of actual interesting incentivized gameplay for the player to complete and the other dimensions can just be more waiting that doesn’t really give rewards and can be small islands instead of huge islands that should be done for the fun of it. Of course the other dimensions can give rewards that would make things more efficient but that’s a completely different route than something as Mario odyssey.

I honestly don’t think I could stand it if the end was just more skyblock with trees taking weeks to grow. Coc has monthly things that refresh things that cubecraft should have. Odyssey has optional things that are done because players enjoy them that cubecraft should have. So I think the end should be legitimate gameplay rather than making mob farms. Keep in mind that this is just my opinion. Feel free to leave your opinions down in the comments and hopefully I can get an answer from the cubecraft staff team on why cubecraft took their game with this specific direction and their thoughts on my idea. This is not meant to bash skyblock as I think it’s one of the main reasons cubecraft is an amazing server.

BesottedPotato

Novice Member
Oct 14, 2020
The Void
From what I have taken from this, it seems that your main points are:

1. Long wait times
  2. New islands (For new content)
  3. Daily changes to keep the game fresh
I'll provide my feedback on each of these

Long Wait Times:
So your big idea here is that the game is heavily relied on waiting times and not actual gameplay. I personally disagree with this, I understand that the wait times can seem incredulous but I feel that there's always something else you can do whilst waiting.

Some examples being:

-Building/Expanding your island
-Improving farms
-Grinding XP for enchants
-Doing other quests (I can almost guarantee that there is at least one quest that is ready to be worked on, no matter what part of the game your on, maybe they aren't main quests, but quests regardless)

etc.

In addition, decreasing the wait times would be very overpowered for players who have unlocked boosting, say for example you changed the time for dark oak from 4 Days --> 1 Day, someone using boosts can make that 12 hours, and can farm it twice a day, making the endgame quests (that are intentionally long), take no effort at all

You also mention having quests more related to mob killing, and I'm not sure how far you are in the game, but these quests are very abundant in the final islands

tl:dr: There's always something you can do while waiting, and decreasing times would be overpowered

New Islands:
I don't really have too much to say on this, although it seems like it could be an interesting addition, keep in mind that it does take time to program and design/build these extra islands, and seeing how long the end update is taking, I don't have high hopes of seeing this being a thing.

Daily Changes:
I agree with you on this one, I think something new daily would bring a lot more incentive to play, particularly for end game players. I have discussed the idea of daily challenges several times. I'll paste my idea here:

I think that Skyblock should offer daily quests, this would provide a challenge to players who have completed a majority of the game, and also add the potential for a leaderboard of most daily challenges completed. I suggest

-There would be a total of 3 quests every 24 hour
-The daily quests could be accessed from the adventurer in the Skyblock hub, since it doesn't have a large purpose currently
-The first daily quest would be easy and could be unlocked when reaching the Jungle
-The second daily quest would be semi-difficult and could be unlocked when reaching the Savannah
-The third daily quest would be hard and could be unlocked when reaching the Swamp
-Daily Quests completed would be tracked and used as the Skyblock leaderboard

Xavi | Goofy

Quality Assurance Member
Team CubeCraft
🧪 Quality Assurance
May 14, 2019
Belgium
Pronouns
He/Him
If u don’t like it don’t play. Simple
I believe he loves the game not just likes it. When you really get into skyblock you will notice an abundance of flaws and things to improve. He decided to take the time to create a thread giving fresh ideas for staff and possibly other people to give feedback on. This I envy and wish I would take the time for as well.

littlemoose1609

Novice Member
Mar 3, 2021
CoC isnt a bad game. Its actually good and just needs patience. Skyblock is already well as it is so please.
Edit: I also need to mention that adding more islands won't be a possibility. Like you said they run on 1.10 so there isn't much biomes they could add.

Last edited:
Reactions: SoggyTaco-_-

littlemoose1609

Novice Member
Mar 3, 2021
I believe he loves the game not just likes it. When you really get into skyblock you will notice an abundance of flaws and things to improve. He decided to take the time to create a thread giving fresh ideas for staff and possibly other people to give feedback on. This I envy and wish I would take the time for as well.
But I also agree there really is nothing to do but grind xp when your on island 9.

Click Greatness

Jan 23, 2021
Greatness
www.youtube.com
CoC isnt a bad game. Its actually good and just needs patience. Skyblock is already well as it is so please.
Edit: I also need to mention that adding more islands won't be a possibility. Like you said they run on 1.10 so there isn't much biomes they could add.
I definitely don’t wanna call coc a bad game as I’m nearing the end of th10 in that game I’m just saying in my experience of playing it I’ve quit 2 times that have lasted one year each. I think I‘m about to take a break from it rn too.

Yes 1.10 but as I’ve mentioned ocean monuments do exist. As well as mushroom biomes. Polar bears and strays haven’t been taken advantage of yet so I think ice spikes are pre 1.10 not 100% sure. Mesa probably not cause the savannah kinda is one. And hey they haven’t don’t a ravine island yet I don’t think. Point is yea their isn’t the greatest catalog of items there are still a bunch of hidden gems waiting to be added.

Click Greatness

Jan 23, 2021
Greatness
www.youtube.com
From what I have taken from this, it seems that your main points are:

1. Long wait times
  2. New islands (For new content)
  3. Daily changes to keep the game fresh
I'll provide my feedback on each of these

Long Wait Times:
So your big idea here is that the game is heavily relied on waiting times and not actual gameplay. I personally disagree with this, I understand that the wait times can seem incredulous but I feel that there's always something else you can do whilst waiting.

Some examples being:

-Building/Expanding your island
-Improving farms
-Grinding XP for enchants
-Doing other quests (I can almost guarantee that there is at least one quest that is ready to be worked on, no matter what part of the game your on, maybe they aren't main quests, but quests regardless)

etc.

In addition, decreasing the wait times would be very overpowered for players who have unlocked boosting, say for example you changed the time for dark oak from 4 Days --> 1 Day, someone using boosts can make that 12 hours, and can farm it twice a day, making the endgame quests (that are intentionally long), take no effort at all

You also mention having quests more related to mob killing, and I'm not sure how far you are in the game, but these quests are very abundant in the final islands

tl:dr: There's always something you can do while waiting, and decreasing times would be overpowered

New Islands:
I don't really have too much to say on this, although it seems like it could be an interesting addition, keep in mind that it does take time to program and design/build these extra islands, and seeing how long the end update is taking, I don't have high hopes of seeing this being a thing.

Daily Changes:
I agree with you on this one, I think something new daily would bring a lot more incentive to play, particularly for end game players. I have discussed the idea of daily challenges several times. I'll paste my idea here:

I think that Skyblock should offer daily quests, this would provide a challenge to players who have completed a majority of the game, and also add the potential for a leaderboard of most daily challenges completed. I suggest

-There would be a total of 3 quests every 24 hour
-The daily quests could be accessed from the adventurer in the Skyblock hub, since it doesn't have a large purpose currently
-The first daily quest would be easy and could be unlocked when reaching the Jungle
-The second daily quest would be semi-difficult and could be unlocked when reaching the Savannah
-The third daily quest would be hard and could be unlocked when reaching the Swamp
-Daily Quests completed would be tracked and used as the Skyblock leaderboard
I thank you for being so passionate about skyblock and responding in with a detailed response.

Now yes while you are waiting you could sit there killing mobs at your grinder. But that’s not good gameplay in my opinion. It would be way more fun and risky if you actually had to go out into a cave and kill them yourself cause you can’t predict how exactly the encounter would go. Sure it’s lesss efficient but better gameplay is what it gives.

I can confirm 90% of the time while doing a main quest there is a side quest to be done. However I personally am just not that type of player. When I go into a game I either start with the intention to complete the main game or complete mostly everything.

With cubecraft I just choose main quests. Side quests aren’t meant for progressing and are supposed to be done while doing main quests. All Side quests have content meant for someone, they’re just not meant for me. They just don’t feel rewarding to me and while they aren’t bad, cubecraft could’ve handled them way better.

I don’t wanna decrease the current wait times because that won’t solve the problem. I’m saying just for the end, I would like it if cubecraft took a whole different approach that didn’t include wait times at all while the nether can just get longer wait times.

Btw have we got confirmation that they aren’t gonna add more islands to the overworld and nether? Because I can think of multiple pre 1.10 things that they could both have.

New islands yea I don’t got hopes my changes will be added. I just hope cubecraft takes a different approach than repeating the same formula for all 3 dimensions.

Daily quest while not a bad feature probably wouldn’t be done by me. It’s just that all ganes that I play that have daily quests ends up too repetitive so I would rather have things such as a slot machine or a pvp duals that are monthly or something that would spice things up on a week to week basis.

I understand cubecraft doesn’t wanna add more npcs in the hub due to frame drops but some simple parkour would be nice.

They just need something thats makes one week different from another you know? And do you agree or not agree that a style of gameplay that forces you to go out kill mobs is more inviting than sitting at a mob grinder.

Click Greatness

Jan 23, 2021
Greatness
www.youtube.com
It’s not that I took the time out of my day to do this. It’s the fact that I have less of a life than you XD

Xavi | Goofy

Quality Assurance Member
Team CubeCraft
🧪 Quality Assurance
May 14, 2019
Belgium
Pronouns
He/Him
It’s not that I took the time out of my day to do this. It’s the fact that I have less of a life than you XD
Quick thing as well. You can reply to multiple messages. Otherwise you might be banned for message farming .

BesottedPotato

Novice Member
Oct 14, 2020
The Void
I thank you for being so passionate about skyblock and responding in with a detailed response.

Now yes while you are waiting you could sit there killing mobs at your grinder. But that’s not good gameplay in my opinion. It would be way more fun and risky if you actually had to go out into a cave and kill them yourself cause you can’t predict how exactly the encounter would go. Sure it’s lesss efficient but better gameplay is what it gives.

I can confirm 90% of the time while doing a main quest there is a side quest to be done. However I personally am just not that type of player. When I go into a game I either start with the intention to complete the main game or complete mostly everything.

With cubecraft I just choose main quests. Side quests aren’t meant for progressing and are supposed to be done while doing main quests. All Side quests have content meant for someone, they’re just not meant for me. They just don’t feel rewarding to me and while they aren’t bad, cubecraft could’ve handled them way better.

I don’t wanna decrease the current wait times because that won’t solve the problem. I’m saying just for the end, I would like it if cubecraft took a whole different approach that didn’t include wait times at all while the nether can just get longer wait times.

Btw have we got confirmation that they aren’t gonna add more islands to the overworld and nether? Because I can think of multiple pre 1.10 things that they could both have.

New islands yea I don’t got hopes my changes will be added. I just hope cubecraft takes a different approach than repeating the same formula for all 3 dimensions.

Daily quest while not a bad feature probably wouldn’t be done by me. It’s just that all ganes that I play that have daily quests ends up too repetitive so I would rather have things such as a slot machine or a pvp duals that are monthly or something that would spice things up on a week to week basis.

I understand cubecraft doesn’t wanna add more npcs in the hub due to frame drops but some simple parkour would be nice.

They just need something thats makes one week different from another you know? And do you agree or not agree that a style of gameplay that forces you to go out kill mobs is more inviting than sitting at a mob grinder.
I feel that this would start crossing the line into more of a dungeons game, I understand where you are coming from though

Also, we don't know future plans for Skyblock, it's one of the most popular gamemodes on CC so I would think we would continue to get updates after the end, and additional biomes could be one of them

Click Greatness

Jan 23, 2021
Greatness
www.youtube.com
I feel that this would start crossing the line into more of a dungeons game, I understand where you are coming from though

Also, we don't know future plans for Skyblock, it's one of the most popular gamemodes on CC so I would think we would continue to get updates after the end, and additional biomes could be one of them
Thanks for all you comments and information! Have a good day!

CheeseMyBaby

Mar 13, 2021
Stockholm, Sweden
www.cheesemybaby.com
I can see that this could be troublesome for some. In my personal opinion it’s not a problem though; it gives me incitement to build more... and bigger. I like working on the looks of my island so when I wait... that’s what I do.
And if I’m perfectally honest I’d much rather have long waiting times over the quest that takes long to farm.
A gazzillion glowstone?
I absolutely hate those quests. They’re nothing but annoying given the sheer time it takes to cut the crappers down. Time I could spend on building or doing something more meaningful.
So I rather wait a day, or a week, for something to grow while I build as opposed to spending a googolplex hours in mind numbing, soul crushing hacking away at stuff. That is (in my book) lazy development of quests and is absolutely horrific.

Except for quests like that, I love CC Skyblock and have nothing to complain about (except for all the bugs, the amazingly laggy servers and the fact that CC doesn’t seem to care much about the ones who spend time on the server only because of Skyblock)

Reactions: Rowdie

Click Greatness

Jan 23, 2021
Greatness
www.youtube.com
I can see that this could be troublesome for some. In my personal opinion it’s not a problem though; it gives me incitement to build more... and bigger. I like working on the looks of my island so when I wait... that’s what I do.
And if I’m perfectally honest I’d much rather have long waiting times over the quest that takes long to farm.
A gazzillion glowstone?
I absolutely hate those quests. They’re nothing but annoying given the sheer time it takes to cut the crappers down. Time I could spend on building or doing something more meaningful.
So I rather wait a day, or a week, for something to grow while I build as opposed to spending a googolplex hours in mind numbing, soul crushing hacking away at stuff. That is (in my book) lazy development of quests and is absolutely horrific.

Except for quests like that, I love CC Skyblock and have nothing to complain about (except for all the bugs, the amazingly laggy servers and the fact that CC doesn’t seem to care much about the ones who spend time on the server only because of Skyblock)
In my solo world I built a house. I also got mad realizing we only have blocks up to 1.10 lol. I personally didn’t feel like building a house was productive. I wanna feel the sense of progression and while I could understand seeing a huge platform with a little town in it looks like progress, I only feel that sense of progression while doing quests.

Noticed how I only described mob quests to be put in an mine where it’s impossible for you to make it an automatic farm because mobs actually have an ai. Mobs are interesting. I did not want a quests to be mine 20k glow stone but glow stone would automatically respawn cause that’s just stupid IMO.

You think building is meaningful, I don’t. I will of course respect your play style. Cubecraft skyblock has play styles meant for someone, but not meant for everyone.

CheeseMyBaby

Mar 13, 2021
Stockholm, Sweden
www.cheesemybaby.com
In my solo world I built a house. I also got mad realizing we only have blocks up to 1.10 lol. I personally didn’t feel like building a house was productive. I wanna feel the sense of progression and while I could understand seeing a huge platform with a little town in it looks like progress, I only feel that sense of progression while doing quests.

Noticed how I only described mob quests to be put in an mine where it’s impossible for you to make it an automatic farm because mobs actually have an ai. Mobs are interesting. I did not want a quests to be mine 20k glow stone but glow stone would automatically respawn cause that’s just stupid IMO.

You think building is meaningful, I don’t. I will of course respect your play style. Cubecraft skyblock has play styles meant for someone, but not meant for everyone.
My post was just meant as my two cents on the matter. Not saying your way of playing is “wrong”.
If I wouldn’t like to build things I think I would have stopped playing CC Skyblock long ago (I’ve been close to rage quitting on several occasions due to bugs and lag) so I’m perfectly sympathetic to where you’re coming from.

And who knows; if you’re lucky the right person read your post and decides to implement some of your ideas.

Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Aveezz The OG wrote on univesanand's profile.
Happy Birthday
This is YOUR daily dose of facts #19-
The Sun makes a sound but we can't hear it.
Reesle wrote on xireu's profile.
Welcome to the Forums! Hope you enjoy your stay :D
Reesle wrote on Mantas2221's profile.
Welcome to the Forums! 👋
been working on chapter 4 + some changes to fhg
Top Bottom