Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Do you want to see 2FA in-game?

• Total voters

Færøyene

Novice Member
Apr 29, 2020
local group
What is 2FA?
2FA is an extra layer of security used to make sure that people trying to gain access to an online account are who they say they are. First, a user will enter their username and a password. Then, instead of immediately gaining access, they will be required to provide another piece of information. This second factor could come from one of the following categories:

• Something you know: This could be a personal identification number (PIN), a password, answers to “secret questions” or a specific keystroke pattern
  • Something you have: Typically, a user would have something in their possession, like a credit card, a smartphone, or a small hardware token
  • Something you are: This category is a little more advanced, and might include a biometric pattern of a fingerprint, an iris scan, or a voiceprint
With 2FA, a potential compromise of just one of these factors won’t unlock the account. So, even if your password is stolen or your phone is lost, the chances of someone else having your second-factor information is highly unlikely. Looking at it from another angle, if a consumer uses 2FA correctly, websites and apps can be more confident of the user’s identity, and unlock the account.

(Source https://authy.com/what-is-2fa/)

Why do we need this?
So recently, I've got banned by Sentinel for cheating, and someone already filed an appeal. This could happen to anyone.

Isn't securing your Minecraft account is enough?
Not necessarily. It's not that hard to crack an account. If you ever used an alt shop, you can see some hard passwords that nearly impossible to guess. The thing is Mojang doesn't have that much protection on Minecraft accounts. Implementation of 2fa may solve this.

FBX17

Jul 14, 2020
UK
You didn't really make it clear what you're asking for here, so here are some guesses at what you actually want:

• Are you calling for 2FA for your Mojang account? If so, this is the wrong place to ask (although it is still a great idea).

• Do you want CubeCraft to ask users for extra login details every time you join the server? CubeCraft would never make this a requirement, and I don't see many players choosing to have to have to actually login to the server, as nobody really expects their account to be hijacked.

• Or do you want 2FA on the forums? As anyone can make a forums account under your name, they'd have to require account linking for new accounts, so only 1 forums account can use the forums under your name. However, if your hijacker creates a forums account before you do (which wouldn't be surprising, as very few players actually use the forums) then you're basically screwed.

LlTE

Jul 20, 2019
Turkey
I'm sorry but it's not necessary, why they add it because someone hacked your account maybe others got the same problem but not enough reason to add it, you can more secure your account by not using the same password in other sites.

Reactions: Pineapple

Pineapple

Forum Expert
Apr 27, 2020
the Pizza Parlor
This isn't a CubeCraft issue if you lost access to your account/someone got into it. A very common excuse in ban appeals is that someone hacked your account. I'm sure if you reply to your appeal and explain that wasn't you to make the appeal or even cheat on the server the Anti-Cheat devs will understand. Also, I recommend changing your email and Mojang password immediately. Also look at this thread: https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/guide-to-compromised-accounts.191853/

Technosword

Forum Expert
Apr 21, 2020
US
During the account hijacking bug that many people exploited, many peoples accounts were logged into without the hacker knowing their password. If this were to ever happen again I think this would be a nice precautionary measure. Even if it was just for staff (if hacked a lot of damage could be caused) this could save a lot of future damage from happening. +1

Reactions: FBX17
Members Online

Latest profile posts

Today... 216 wins in one day!
1711671596534.png
you dont know how long ive been waiting to see this <3
IMG_8461.jpeg
Frontlane wrote on S4nne's profile.
Top Bottom