Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Manchot999

Novice Member
Dec 27, 2016
Hi everyone!

Just two simple questions :

1. Is the word which is used to design a very hot place underground a mutable offence? It seems to not be censored in the chat filter. I admit to have used it once in this manner in TD with friends:

"We need to build ice towers before silverfish (insert word here) comes"

2. Why is the verb "put" censored? I can't count how many times I've tried to say "Put X tower here please" only to be censored. The spelling is close to a common insult in French but not that many people speak that language on Cubecraft and it's 1 letter short, when it's such a common word in the English language.

Thank you!

-Manchot

Reactions: CommunistCactus

TriangleAttack

Dedicated Member
Mar 13, 2016
Lestallum
fireemblem.wikia.com
Hi everyone!

Just two simple questions :

1. Is the word which is used to design a very hot place underground a mutable offence? It seems to not be censored in the chat filter. I admit to have used it once in this manner in TD with friends:

"We need to build ice towers before silverfish (insert word here) comes"

I'm not exactly sure what word you're describing.

2. Why is the verb "put" censored? I can't count how many times I've tried to say "Put X tower here please" only to be censored. The spelling is close to a common insult in French but not that many people speak that language on Cubecraft and it's 1 letter short, when it's such a common word in the English language.
Many people could say "put a chest over here". Nothing seems wrong with that.
But, if the words "put a" were combined it'd be a swear word in spanish.

Manchot999

Novice Member
Dec 27, 2016
I'm not exactly sure what word you're describing.

Many people could say "put a chest over here". Nothing seems wrong with that.
But, if the words "put a" were combined it'd be a swear word in spanish.
1. Sinful people go there on death according to christian faith.

2. Ah, that makes sense. I guess I'll stick to the word "install" for now.

Manchot999

Novice Member
Dec 27, 2016
Yeah, because of that they blocked that word. "Hell" could be used to say a person death threats or bad jokes and that's not allowed on this server.
Thank you. However, this word is not filtered. You can say it in chat and it will let you.

However, the question persists: what if it is used in a non-pejorative, only descriptive way?

CommunistCactus

Forum Professional
Mar 13, 2015
Beyond time and space
Once again, another example of this:
The current chatfilter is just horrible.
Spanish people can't even use their own language properly, unicode is not allowed in chat, users cant be addressed (with tab) because their username contains something that is banned (example: TrumpThatDuck)
You can't even say Mojang in chat for gods sake. The company who currently work on minecraft cannot be mentioned in chat. Not to forget talking about optifine too, because once upon a time many years ago someone talked about free optifine capes. Making conversations is sometimes just unbearable.
Example: "Could you please put a chest right here?"
See anything wrong with this sentence? No, obviously not
Let me make it more clear:
"Could you please put a chest right here?"
Oh no, we must not allow spanish swearing in our chat right?
The worst part is that people who don't know puta is spanish for whore have no idea why they can't say that sentence, and thus making chatting almost unbearable.
From this thread:
https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/did-you-know-its-mutable-to-talk-in-chat.181229/
Sadly, almost all the points I made in that thread still apply today.
There are simple solutions to these problems, yet they are not implemented.

Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

i dont think he wants to rematch
Screenshot 2024-05-29 074752.png
Reesle wrote on Anhaengsel's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🌟
Reesle wrote on AshMC's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🎂
Reesle wrote on Gokhan_'s profile.
Happy Birthday! 🥳