Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Should egg wars have a two minute egg-invincibility period

• Yes yes yes!

• No no no!

• Undecided

Results are only viewable after voting.
Jun 19, 2021
When playing egg wars there should be a a gamemode where there is a two minute period wherer eggs (not players) should be invincible to give less experienced people a chance to gear up, i (and i believe many MANY others) get quite annoyed when our eggs get broken near immediately and a grace period where teams cant be eliminated would be nice, wouldnt you agree?

Last edited:

zeobitz_1

Mar 17, 2021
if this was implemented, it will change the speedrunning community completely and now rushing isn't a choice ---> longer games, more time to sit back relax without the fear of dying at all ---> gear --> longer games, no, this will change eggwars if it was implemented and just doesnt improve the game at all

Jun 19, 2021
Well at least add it in as a different gamemode, probably titled "eggwars casual" where nothing else changes, because im tired of rushers

zeobitz_1

Mar 17, 2021
Well at least add it in as a different gamemode, probably titled "eggwars casual" where nothing else changes, because im tired of rushers
wanna take it slow go to to4, no one rushes there, thats the first gamemode i played on this server when i was trash

UBRE

May 30, 2020
Mexico.
I just see kill farming encouragement, speedrunning ruin, and losing the purpose of platform matching.

Could suggest matchmaking according to the Cubecraft level, but that would make games take longer to start.

LeCastel

Dedicated Member
Aug 23, 2016
The Shattered Plains
When playing egg wars there should be a a gamemode where there is a two minute period wherer eggs (not players) should be invincible to give less experienced people a chance to gear up, i (and i believe many MANY others) get quite annoyed when our eggs get broken near immediately and a grace period where teams cant be eliminated would be nice, wouldnt you agree?

Wouldn't it be even more annoying if you spend 2 minutes preparing and then the player that normally would have you rushed you comes to kill you either way. You still lost... but now you also lost 2 minutes instead of 30 seconds.

Mar 31, 2021
I voted yes but I don't think this should be on every mode there would be a very special mode for this. I do not think this should be for any other game mode except a new one.

RelatedNoobs

Partner
🤝 Partner 💜
Nov 17, 2019
no. The fastest games in the world are sub 1-minute. Why would you want an entire 2 minute grace period? What would you do? Theres no diamonds to farm at your base. What are you supposed to buy? full obsidian? 20 stacks of bolcks? You can already do that with no grace period really fast if you are good enough.

ssunsett

Moderator ☀️
Team CubeCraft
🔨 Moderator
Mar 25, 2021
Belgium
Waiting two minutes before you can start the game is way too long. An eggwars game itself can last long enough. I don't think this will make the game better

betty's oldies

Forum Expert
When playing egg wars there should be a a gamemode where there is a two minute period wherer eggs (not players) should be invincible to give less experienced people a chance to gear up
Rushing has always been a viable strategy since day 1, but here's reasons why rushing should stay other than "speedrunning games":
  • It takes a lot more defense to suppress a decent offense. In the early game, no one has strong defenses. On OP mode (I forgot the costs as I just tried bedwars again (but on bedrock) after a 4 year hiatus), it takes 2 iron to cover your egg, but it takes only 1 iron to destroy that. Additionally, YOU have to be there to effectively defend your egg; blocks are there only to slow down attackers. If you're not there, your covered egg is as good as an uncovered one.
  • In maps where there is one subcenter island linking you and a couple neighbors, killing all your neighbors not only gives you their resources but also secures that island. Now opponents not only have to cross their subcenter island and mid to get to you but they have to cross your subcenter island before they can reach your home island.
  • Time. The longer you wait, the more difficult the game gets since people can gear up unchecked. Also, if you successfully kill rushes, you'll not only be ahead of them in terms of resources but they'll also have to change to defense or abandon their base if they're flanked.
  • Rushing is not without its drawbacks. You don't invest in generators, defenses, or anything other than what you're carrying. You invest minimally in equipment and utilities, and you upgrade only as you need. You're also taking a bigger risk against more competent players (you don't know at the very start of the game who is more competent and who isn't) who will aggressively counterattack if you fail to wipe the defense. 1 death and you're effectively done.
i (and i believe many MANY others) get quite annoyed when our eggs get broken near immediately and a grace period where teams cant be eliminated would be nice, wouldnt you agree?
There are many ways to counter rushes. If you find yourself constantly rushed, then you're taking too long to build your attack or defense. Here are a few ways:
  • Grab JUST ENOUGH iron so that you buy only what you need. Buy only a full leather armor set (optional on normal but recommended), a wooden sword (not a stone one as that takes too long to obtain), a few blocks, and the cheapest food you can get. You can skip the pickaxe and get extra blocks depending on whom you are attacking.
  • Rushing yourself to an opponent's base. Ironically a rush can shut down another rush if you successfully kill their rush or at least trade eggs. Not only do they have to wait during the respawn timer but they also have to get resources to gear up. This is a lot of time for you to move closer to their base.
  • Rushing straight to mid. Mid makes you more money than what you get at home. Of course, this means you'd have to find a safe place to buy either at your base (if it's still untouched) or at an abandoned base.
  • Often times observing opponents' behavior and reading the chat are enough to know what their playstyles are. If you see them at their island for a very long time, your best guess is that they're defensive. If you see them gone seconds after the game has started and are headed to a base, your best guess is that they're rushing other players. Likewise, if you see a player who rushes to mid, your best guess is that they favor fast expansion.

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Amazinq wrote on JellyFish01's profile.
Hbd
Eli
So I’m working through some thread ideas and I can’t choose which one to do first, what sounds more interesting to you?

- How CubeCraft can implement the new 1.21 features
- I studied the Java Minecraft Server Market, here is what CubeCraft can do better
GiGaGekkies wrote on JellyFish01's profile.
Happy Birthday
vanilla extract is the definition of clickbait ONG
Old Picture a friend did when I did Roblox videos hahah. I think this thumbnail never got used but I still like this art style:D
20210306_172301.png
Top Bottom