• No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Powerofbeds

Oct 17, 2016
My house
Pronouns
He/Him
Some players seem not too good at Slime Survival, especially after watching a YouTube video in which someone runs into blocks, places decoys out in the open, runs straight etc. I will tell you ways to get better at Slime Survival, and why NOT doing that is a bad idea. You can trust me on this - I've played about 700 games of snowman survival (which was the original version of this game) and 100 games of Slime Survival. No exaggeration.

1. Run in zigzags.
This one is fairly simple, all you have to do is press A or D while running normally. This confuses the slime, and after getting practice, you can do it randomly, which will confuse the slime more. The slime will take a little time to think about which side he should shoot to. Not doing this will result in an easier hit for the slime, and a faster one too. With experience, running in zigzags will tell you how quickly a slime normally shoots. Then you can stop zigzagging and the slime thrown will go right by you.

2. Take advantage of the powerups.
Not only do powerups help you in obvious ways, but you can also tell what powerup you're looking at from far away by deciphering the color. Cyan = Frost Sword, White = Spider Web Bomb, Lime = Jump Boost, Light Blue = Speed, Dark Green = Instant wall, etc. Memorize the powerup colors. Also, if you have a powerup already and there's another right in front of you, decide either which will be best for the practice, or which is more useful. I choose Frost Sword over Spider Web Bomb, and Shield over Instant Wall. Make sure that if you see a jump boost or speed powerup, grab it unless there's a slime nearby. They don't replace a powerup you already have. If you don't bother memorizing the powerup colors, you may end up wanting a frost sword but grabbing a speed instead because of colors.

3. Avoid showing your powerup.
Slimes always see what powerup you have, unless you switch your hand to another hotbar slot. If you don't show your powerup, slimes can't see what's coming at them. If you hold your powerup, a slime can shoot and run because you have a frost sword, otherwise, you could easily freeze them. This one is easy to do.

4. As a slime, think before shooting, every time.
You will experience a lot of players running in zigzags, so shoot on the opposite side they are when you do the shot. If you shoot where they were before, they will simply move to the other side to dodge - by accident! If someone is just standing on an area, shoot to one side of them. They WILL try to dodge, and you have a higher chance of hitting if you shoot to the side.

5. Spy the area before going in to recover a paralyzed survivor in freeze tag mode.
If you want to recover someone in freeze tag mode, always, always spy the area before trying to recover them. There are usually slimes guarding it. If there is a slime guarding but you still want to recover them, use any of the following powerups: Frost Sword, Decoy, Survivor Recover Wand, or Survivor Recover Grenade. If not, the slime will paralyze you and guard both of you. If you use a decoy, place it far away from the paralyzed survivor, then go in with the invisibility active to reover him.

6. Look at the time left if you are going to get cornered.
If there are 5 seconds left, but you are near a corridor, Run into it. It doesn't matter. However, if the slimes will blow up after 30 seconds, don't get yourself cornered or you will become a slime with so little time left that you would not be able to help your team - and lose.

7. Find a good spot to stay.
There are several good spots on every map which you can use to have an advantage in-game.
Factory: On top of the acid containers
Pirates: On top of a chest
Forest: At the top of the house
Toys: On top of the fire truck ladder
On all of these, it is hard for a slime to even shoot to your elevation. But if they do, the slime they threw will be slowed and easily dodged. Also, if a slime comes up, you can jump off! If you don't do these, you'll either find yourself surrounded in slimes or cornered in a hiding spot.

8. Predict what the survivors are about to do.
If a survivor is about to use a blink powerup, wait to throw your slime. Then, as soon as his blink is done, throw it. If you don't, that means they will dodge you.

9. Be unpredictable.
If you get stuck in a small room, you can still escape if you try hard enough. I was once in the fire truck in toy map with a slime, I had to dodge before I could run away. Then I did it, I became unpredictable, and the slime missed me, and I ran away. If you don't, you will be turned into a slime or paralyzed.

10. Take advantage of the bouncing slimes.
Whether you're a survivor or a slime, you can use slimes thrown bouncing to your advantage. Slimes will bounce away so that YOU can get away before getting hit. And when you're a slime, you can ricochet hit someone to get them. They may even rage quit.

The last 5 are a little hard to do but I believe in you!

11. Memorize the map.
Memorizing the maps can lead to you going exactly to the right place. You will find lots of hiding spots etc. Not doing so will end up in you thinking about where to go.

12. Dodge everything.
Of course, the goal is to not get hit. Practice dodging, and you will eventually, like me, be able to dodge 4 slimes at once! And of course, not getting practiced with this will result in you being hit.

13. Know where slimes go.
Memorizing where slimes go is a tough task, but it helps. Predict and learn. Then you will know exactly where YOU should go, not doing so will result in running into slimes.

14. Use leap and blink to get to the good spots.
Sometimes it is hard to get exactly where you want to go, so get good at using these two powerups to jump big jumps. Not doing so will result in falling and getting hit. Try to find the places where there are no barriers and you can hide to make it literally impossible to get hit.

15. Look around everywhere.
This is one of the most important ones. Always remember to look in front, to the sides, behind, and above you. It can be hard to remember to do this! Do it every 10-15 seconds, and be weary of everything around you: powerups, slimes, and other survivors. Not doing so will result in you needing a powerup or help from another player, and not getting it because you don't know about your surroundings, or a slime would catch you from behind.

Last edited:

AFreakingCookie (Hank)

Dedicated Member
Apr 3, 2016
Some players seem not too good at Slime Survival, especially after watching a YouTube video in which someone runs into blocks, places decoys out in the open, runs straight etc. I will tell you ways to get better at Slime Survival, and why NOT doing that is a bad idea. You can trust me on this - I've played about 700 games of snowman survival (which was the original version of this game) and 100 games of Slime Survival. No exaggeration.

1. Run in zigzags.
This one is fairly simple, all you have to do is press A or D while running normally. This confuses the slime, and after getting practice, you can do it randomly, which will confuse the slime more. The slime will take a little time to think about which side he should shoot to. Not doing this will result in an easier hit for the slime, and a faster one too. With experience, running in zigzags will tell you how quickly a slime normally shoots. Then you can stop zigzagging and the slime thrown will go right by you.

2. Take advantage of the powerups.
Not only do powerups help you in obvious ways, but you can also tell what powerup you're looking at from far away by deciphering the color. Cyan = Frost Sword, White = Spider Web Bomb, Lime = Jump Boost, Light Blue = Speed, Dark Green = Instant wall, etc. Memorize the powerup colors. Also, if you have a powerup already and there's another right in front of you, decide either which will be best for the practice, or which is more useful. I choose Frost Sword over Spider Web Bomb, and Shield over Instant Wall. Make sure that if you see a jump boost or speed powerup, grab it unless there's a slime nearby. They don't replace a powerup you already have. If you don't bother memorizing the powerup colors, you may end up wanting a frost sword but grabbing a speed instead because of colors.

3. Avoid showing your powerup.
Slimes always see what powerup you have, unless you switch your hand to another hotbar slot. If you don't show your powerup, slimes can't see what's coming at them. If you hold your powerup, a slime can shoot and run because you have a frost sword, otherwise, you could easily freeze them. This one is easy to do.

4. As a slime, think before shooting, every time.
You will experience a lot of players running in zigzags, so shoot on the opposite side they are when you do the shot. If you shoot where they were before, they will simply move to the other side to dodge - by accident! If someone is just standing on an area, shoot to one side of them. They WILL try to dodge, and you have a higher chance of hitting if you shoot to the side.

5. Spy the area before going in to recover a paralyzed survivor in freeze tag mode.
If you want to recover someone in freeze tag mode, always, always spy the area before trying to recover them. There are usually slimes guarding it. If there is a slime guarding but you still want to recover them, use any of the following powerups: Frost Sword, Decoy, Survivor Recover Wand, or Survivor Recover Grenade. If not, the slime will paralyze you and guard both of you. If you use a decoy, place it far away from the paralyzed survivor, then go in with the invisibility active to reover him.

6. Look at the time left if you are going to get cornered.
If there are 5 seconds left, but you are near a corridor, Run into it. It doesn't matter. However, if the slimes will blow up after 30 seconds, don't get yourself cornered or you will become a slime with so little time left that you would not be able to help your team - and lose.

7. Find a good spot to stay.
There are several good spots on every map which you can use to have an advantage in-game.
Factory: On top of the acid containers
Pirates: On top of a chest
Forest: At the top of the house
Toys: On top of the fire truck ladder
On all of these, it is hard for a slime to even shoot to your elevation. But if they do, the slime they threw will be slowed and easily dodged. Also, if a slime comes up, you can jump off! If you don't do these, you'll either find yourself surrounded in slimes or cornered in a hiding spot.

8. Predict what the survivors are about to do.
If a survivor is about to use a blink powerup, wait to throw your slime. Then, as soon as his blink is done, throw it. If you don't, that means they will dodge you.

9. Be unpredictable.
If you get stuck in a small room, you can still escape if you try hard enough. I was once in the fire truck in toy map with a slime, I had to dodge before I could run away. Then I did it, I became unpredictable, and the slime missed me, and I ran away. If you don't, you will be turned into a slime or paralyzed.

10. Take advantage of the bouncing slimes.
Whether you're a survivor or a slime, you can use slimes thrown bouncing to your advantage. Slimes will bounce away so that YOU can get away before getting hit. And when you're a slime, you can ricochet hit someone to get them. They may even rage quit.

The last 5 are a little hard to do but I believe in you!

11. Memorize the map.
Memorizing the maps can lead to you going exactly to the right place. You will find lots of hiding spots etc. Not doing so will end up in you thinking about where to go.

12. Dodge everything.
Of course, the goal is to not get hit. Practice dodging, and you will eventually, like me, be able to dodge 4 slimes at once! And of course, not getting practiced with this will result in you being hit.

13. Know where slimes go.
Memorizing where slimes go is a tough task, but it helps. Predict and learn. Then you will know exactly where YOU should go, not doing so will result in running into slimes.

14. Use leap and blink to get to the good spots.
Sometimes it is hard to get exactly where you want to go, so get good at using these two powerups to jump big jumps. Not doing so will result in falling and getting hit.

15. Look around everywhere.
This is one of the most important ones. Always remember to look in front, to the sides, behind, and above you. It can be hard to remember to do this! Do it every 10-15 seconds, and be weary of everything around you: Powerups, Slimes, and other Survivors.
I dont play slime survival all the time, but enough to understand this. I think this would be helpful! Good job!

Powerofbeds

Oct 17, 2016
My house
Pronouns
He/Him
I dont play slime survival all the time, but enough to understand this. I think this would be helpful! Good job!
Thanks! It took me about an hour to make this post, and I thought it would be worth the work. Especially, that is, since it bugs me when I think, "What in the world are you thinking!?", or "Find a spot, don't just stand there..." in-game. I knew this would be the right thing to do, so I decided this would be what would make some players better at Slime Survival.

Nevermind3476

Novice Member
Mar 18, 2018
somewhere
#15 3rd person can help with that, just cycle through and you can cover all sides in a few seconds, without changing your view and making it so you can't see all the other sides.

Powerofbeds

Oct 17, 2016
My house
Pronouns
He/Him
#15 3rd person can help with that, just cycle through and you can cover all sides in a few seconds, without changing your view and making it so you can't see all the other sides.
Yeah but it's difficult to move your fingers to F5, and I even have to hold Fn (Function) while I press it. Also, it is hard to use F5 to see above you. Looking up at slimes is not very easy with F5, but it's important in every map. In factory, there are the crates, glass containers etc, pirates has those "islands" attatched to the base of the map, forest has the same, plus the house etc, and toys has lego, fire truck ladder, etc. Looking behind you with F5 is easy if you don't want to look up, but if you don't look up, it's easy to be hit by a slime from above.

Reactions: Nevermind3476

Nevermind3476

Novice Member
Mar 18, 2018
somewhere
Yeah but it's difficult to move your fingers to F5, and I even have to hold Fn (Function) while I press it. Also, it is hard to use F5 to see above you. Looking up at slimes is not very easy with F5, but it's important in every map. In factory, there are the crates, glass containers etc, pirates has those "islands" attatched to the base of the map, forest has the same, plus the house etc, and toys has lego, fire truck ladder, etc. Looking behind you with F5 is easy if you don't want to look up, but if you don't look up, it's easy to be hit by a slime from above.
Try rebinding the key, I have to hit fn too by default but I rebinded it so I could do it more easily.
I didn't think of attacks from above, but you can always glance upwards then use 3rd person.

Powerofbeds

Oct 17, 2016
My house
Pronouns
He/Him
Try rebinding the key, I have to hit fn too by default but I rebinded it so I could do it more easily.
I didn't think of attacks from above, but you can always glance upwards then use 3rd person.
Well, while you're glancing upwards, you can just look behind you while you're at it.

Nevermind3476

Novice Member
Mar 18, 2018
somewhere
If you stay in third person, you can't see forwards very well.
I can see forwards fine, just takes a little practice. The real issue is you can't aim well without the crosshair, but in a game like this that only matters when you have a powerup. It's really just about preference.

Powerofbeds

Oct 17, 2016
My house
Pronouns
He/Him
I can see forwards fine, just takes a little practice. The real issue is you can't aim well without the crosshair, but in a game like this that only matters when you have a powerup. It's really just about preference.
It's still a lot easier to just spin 360 degrees then look up. That way, you not only see above you and behind you, but also to the sides easily.
You can also see in front of yourself more easily without third person.

Nevermind3476

Novice Member
Mar 18, 2018
somewhere
Okay, I just played a game and you're right, I did have to glance back every once in a while. But 3rd person did help me keep an eye on everything.

Members Online

Team online

Members online

Latest profile posts

qKhalidd wrote on ignsinf's profile.
Hi
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on ii6xxq's profile.
welcome to the forums! I hope you will have a nice stay here:D
This is YOUR daily dose of facts #41-
The moon has moonquakes, which are kind of like the earthquakes on the Earth, but weaker.
Basketman wrote on Eli's profile.
Favourite how to tame a dragon movie, shoot.
Reesle wrote on ii6xxq's profile.
Welcome to the Official Cubecraft Forums!! Hope you enjoy your stay :)
Top Bottom