Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Do you think the ban (for offenses such as teaming in a solo game) should be made longer?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Loriayle

Jun 3, 2016
America
I've never understood this 1 day ban thing, and I'm pretty sure it's a newer punishment rule because a few years ago when I was hacking, I got my first ban ever and it lasted 1 year. I remember because I was always checking to see if I was unbanned after I realized that was the best pvp server to play on.

Players can get a 1 day ban for teaming in solo games, but that does literally nothing to get justice. Someone has to warn, record, upload, and report that. It takes away from a good player's time, and for what? They get banned for 1 day. 24 hours. Not to mention the report is most likely not even looked at for past the ban time, at that time the player probably doesn't even know why they're banned and it teaches them nothing. That is if they even get on the server during their ban time. I'm going to estimate that 75%+ of players who aren't following rules of the server, don't give a damn about being banned for just a day-- or don't even realize they are banned because they don't join the server in a day. It's useless.

Make the ban for offenses like that 3 days at the least, I mean come on. All that trouble just for a 1 day ban? When no one is learning a lesson? If they don't listen to warnings, they don't care. Banning them for such a pathetically short time is doing no good for anyone. That's why I don't even bother reporting teamers anymore.

I made a poll, just curious to see what others think.

KidBit

Dedicated Member
May 9, 2016
Maple Syrup Land
i think that its a good thing cus it tells people that they cant get away with what they are doing and it does make them think before they do it its simple

CommunistCactus

Forum Professional
Mar 13, 2015
Beyond time and space
tacosbefriends said it would be unecessary as he doesn't see double offenses for teaming but that is probably just because no one wants to report teamers with the one day ban in place...

https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/teaming.180800/page-5#post-788086
He may think what he thinks, but facts don't need an option.

The reason he doesn't see teamers repeat themselves is because they either:
- Learned how to avoid it. All they need to do is stop after someone warned them, they still team before someone warns them, and the next game too. Heck, I have seen people spamming each other a few seconds after I gave a warning, then they just bluntly ran away to get out of my sight to team there again. It's too easy to avoid. Either make the ban longer or remove the necessity of a warning, or else it will be ineffective.
-Don't care. It's only a 1 day ban, it's almost nothing. Not only that, the ban often comes way too late for a 1 day ban too. Sometimes it takes over 2 weeks to get your report reviewed, the 1 day is not worth it. This will also result in people not reporting them, it's not worth the report anyway. No wonder TBF doesn't see a lot of teamers teaming again, there are not many reports of teamers to begin with.

To sum it all up, here's an image of the situation:

Teaming.png

Ping Ether

Forum Veteran
Jun 2, 2016
Italy
He may think what he thinks, but facts don't need an option.

The reason he doesn't see teamers repeat themselves is because they either:
- Learned how to avoid it. All they need to do is stop after someone warned them, they still team before someone warns them, and the next game too. Heck, I have seen people spamming each other a few seconds after I gave a warning, then they just bluntly ran away to get out of my sight to team there again. It's too easy to avoid. Either make the ban longer or remove the necessity of a warning, or else it will be ineffective.
-Don't care. It's only a 1 day ban, it's almost nothing. Not only that, the ban often comes way too late for a 1 day ban too. Sometimes it takes over 2 weeks to get your report reviewed, the 1 day is not worth it. This will also result in people not reporting them, it's not worth the report anyway. No wonder TBF doesn't see a lot of teamers teaming again, there are not many reports of teamers to begin with.

To sum it all up, here's an image of the situation:

View attachment 130781
Ok then MrKronos. explain me this then.
luminanteds.png
kek, jokes apart. Teaming is allowed on most big servers... and no, it's not coming back on cube (SOLO teaming), I've already tried that, welp.
I think it's a common mistake to get banned for hacking.... IMHO the one day ban is to punish you for not reading the rules more than anything, because some times it's common sense for players from other server that teaming is allowed, but it's still their fault for breaking the rules.

Now that changes completely though considering that.... People keep doing it.... Sometimes, someone may get banned while they're either asleep or at work or ona trip.... And they are unbanned the day after. Now, unless they're paranoid, they won't check the appeal page every time :P
And it's in this case that they keep teaming.... and well what happens? They get banned again.... And again.... for one day.
It's always one day, and there really isn't an explanation for that.....

While I agree that 24 hours is definitely too short, it is difficult to find that "sweet spot" where the ban is long enough to compel the player to look at the rules to see what they did wrong, but not so long that the player gives up on ever playing on the server again. In my opinion it should be at least 48 hours, but no longer than a week.

Loriayle

Jun 3, 2016
America
Isn't there another offense that gets you a 1 day ban? I think there's another situation for that punishment, but I forgot where I heared it from and what it was... maybe I'm crazy.

Reactions: QFatal

QFatal

Mar 1, 2016
Long Beach, California
I agree with your reasons. I reported a three team in SG, We talked about it yesterday :) , and to this day it still has not been reviewed. When I was in game and told them to stop teaming, they would ignore until I started saying I was gonna record. After I mentioned recording, they would just say "Lol" "Go for it" "We dont care" and stuff like that. Thats how much people care about being banned for teaming. This warning thing should be changed into a 1 day ban, if they continue then make it a 3 day ban, if it continues just add on the days. Even if it goes from weeks to months. (Maybe its a little too exaggerated but something to make them learn.)

Despacito 2

Forum Professional
Dec 6, 2015
That's why I stopped doing reports.
*Bites chunck out of bread*

Look, people don't care about breaking the rules anymore. There are just too many ways to bypass a Punishment.
On Discord, the Forums and Cubecraft itself. Bypassing IP Bans, Forums Bans and Discord Bans doesn't need that much skill.
That's why players just, well.
Hack, Team and ruin the game for other people.
I don't mind changing the punishments, because players aren't really annoying me currently.

Sophie

Forum Professional
May 1, 2014
Arendine Sink
I agree that it should be stackable. The protocol could look something like this:
First offence: 1-day ban
Second offence: 3-day ban
Third offence: 5-day ban
Fourth offence onwards: 7-day ban

There is no reason for the punishment to surpass a week in my opinion, since the severity of it is very minor. The problem with the current protocol, is that given the time that it takes for a report to be filed and reviewed, the rule-breaker can play for at least a couple of hours before any type of sanction is applied to the account. By this point, said rule-breaker has already logged off for the day, and won't be online until the next day, thus meaning that they're experiencing less of an inconvenience than is intended by the duration of the punishment. This is the same reason why I see no point in muting players for an hour on their first offence for swearing; effort is put in, only for there to be no repercussions for the user's actions.

Loriayle

Jun 3, 2016
America
Making the offenses stackable are creating more work for the overworked and under-staffed staff. Blah. If they don't listen to warnings the first time, they can get banned for 3 months for all I care. Get them out of the way for future problems.

QFatal

Mar 1, 2016
Long Beach, California
Making the offenses stackable are creating more work for the overworked and under-staffed staff. Blah. If they don't listen to warnings the first time, they can get banned for 3 months for all I care. Get them out of the way for future problems.
Thats actually quite reasonable. If they dont learn, might as well perm ban them.

Unfearful

Forum Expert
Oct 9, 2015
the Netherlands
Thats actually quite reasonable. If they dont learn, might as well perm ban them.
You want them to get perm banned because they are teaming in a blockgame and probably 6 years of age? They'll get perm banned of their favourite server and they can never play with their internet friends again? No, sorry, that's not how it works. Minecraft is a game that is also being played by 6, 7- 8 year olds. Perm banning them is not the way we should do it.

Reactions: Gainfullterror

TheBrownster

Forum Expert
Jun 10, 2016
A Pasture
I am pretty sure they have a system which keeps track of past offenses and determines the length of the ban. For example, a staff member goes to ban a hacker. They just put in Hacking as the offense, hit enter, and the system will ban them for 30 days for 1st offense and perm for 2nd. The mod doesn't have to look up anything. All they would need to do for stackable teaming offenses is set up the system.

QFatal

Mar 1, 2016
Long Beach, California
You want them to get perm banned because they are teaming in a blockgame and probably 6 years of age? They'll get perm banned of their favourite server and they can never play with their internet friends again? No, sorry, that's not how it works. Minecraft is a game that is also being played by 6, 7- 8 year olds. Perm banning them is not the way we should do it.
Never meant it like that, but I'm talking about if it continues happening, not just on the first offense. What kind of human being would perm ban on the first offense, or second. Also, you act like they only play on cubecraft. There's a possibility that they might play on just cubecraft, but there are other servers they can play on with their Internet friends.

Members Online

Members online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Matriox wrote on Reesle's profile.
You're very creative with your bundle and Skyblock Island ideas! You could be writing the specifications for Cube updates
Kazwa wrote on WorriedSkate940's profile.
Thanks for everything! :( I wish you the best of luck in the future ^.^
Kazwa wrote on xSchulzis's profile.
Congrats!! 🎉
Kazwa wrote on Frontlane's profile.
Congratulationssss <3
zflrz wrote on Frontlane's profile.
congratzzzzzzzz <3
Top Bottom