Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

shanewolf38

Novice Member
Jun 17, 2018

Update:
The new troops and balance changes have added a whole new dynamic to the game. Before you could kind of plop down archers and defend any attack, but with their slight nerf and the updates to the mobs and other towers, tower knowledge is now more important than ever. The illusioner is probably my favorite mob now since it adds a whole new dynamic to rushes. For those who don't know, it has the ability to randomly dodge attacks, with its chance to dodge increasing with its level. This means using a few high level towers to defend early to mid game is no longer viable, since illusioners may dodge those high damage attacks. Before it was always quality over quantity, but now there's need for quantity as well. The main danger to look out for now is a ravager/illusioner rush followed by blazes. Ravagers can penetrate far into your defense and help the illusioners get even further, and since they require so many sorcerers to properly defend, it leaves you wide open to blazes. Best strategy to counter I have found so far is just to attack first. I'm curious to see all the new strategies which will be developed in the near future. I'll leave some general tips below which I've found to be useful so far.

Tips:
  • Mix in some stun artillery with your sorcerers to help counter ravagers' quake immunity
  • Set up light defense in the middle of the map which can be upgraded in case of early illusioner rushes
  • Have a teammate mix in illusioners with your wither skelly rushes; it's a great way to counter artillery clusters
  • Use ravagers to set up for mid-game and late-game blaze rushes
  • Illusioners can't dodge zeus attacks, so take advantage of their new effectiveness

This is all fake btw. Not an official CubeCraft update!

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: CatsLoveRainbows

Fesa

Quality Assurance
Team CubeCraft
🧪 Quality Assurance
💌 Customer Support
Oct 17, 2016
Yoitsu
Pronouns
She/Her
Hii, we can't use 1.16 exclusive stuff in our server since it has to be backwards compatible (1.9 - ...) so we can't add this :c
Sorry, it's a really nice idea but not possible.

-Locked with tears in my eyes )

Edit: @shanewolf38 if you would like this thread to be unlocked for further discussion regarding your idea please start a conversation with me ^-^ https://www.cubecraft.net/conversations/add?to=Fesa

2 players have brought to attention that this thread could be used for new ideas regarding the td game and community since this one is really work out and thought, so let’s hope that this thread gives some really cool ideas that we can implement in td:)

Last edited:

Fesa

Quality Assurance
Team CubeCraft
🧪 Quality Assurance
💌 Customer Support
Oct 17, 2016
Yoitsu
Pronouns
She/Her
And a bumb to bring it on top

Reactions: Gregeyy

MeliodasWrath

Aug 27, 2019
the UK *sips tea*
I saw the title and the last reply was by a mod so I thought it was real .-.

Anyway, would love to see buffs to giants, since right now they are a bit of a joke considering how hard they are to get, and how slow they are, even if they do have health. Now, slimes are easily the best mob.

Also, for a new tower, how about an 'ender tower', which shoots enderpearls and teleports mobs sometimes back and sometimes slightly forward, and upgrading it will make it have a higher chance to teleport it backwards as well as faster fire rate etc.

Would it be possible to add this 'illusioner' as a different mob? A guardian, for example? Because I really do like the idea of it.

Reactions: Gregeyy

InkAsriel

Sep 23, 2017
The Netherlands

Anyway, would love to see buffs to giants, since right now they are a bit of a joke considering how hard they are to get, and how slow they are, even if they do have health. Now, slimes are easily the best mob.

Also, for a new tower, how about an 'ender tower', which shoots enderpearls and teleports mobs sometimes back and sometimes slightly forward, and upgrading it will make it have a higher chance to teleport it backwards as well as faster fire rate etc.

Would it be possible to add this 'illusioner' as a different mob? A guardian, for example? Because I really do like the idea of it.
i'd say work the idea for the towers out and make a suggestion about it :3 the enderman tower sounds like a 50/50 in defence, which is quite interesting and i love it

Reactions: MeliodasWrath

shanewolf38

Novice Member
Jun 17, 2018

The enderman tower sounds like a great idea. It reminds me of the upgraded wizard path in Bloons TD which can shoot tornadoes. Pushing certain troops back would be a fantastic defense, especially against something like a blaze rush.

Giants definitely need something to strengthen them, but I'm not sure how big of a buff should be given to them directly. The main issue is their vulnerability to inferno, though making them immune would be a strange design choice. Given how strong the inferno is, and how some people are inclined to simply spam it at the start for the first 5-10 minutes of the game, it would be a good idea to nerf the inferno's damage and raise its cost.

Another mob in need of a buff, even moreso than giants, is the creeper. My list of the 3 worst troops would have silverfish 3rd, giant 2nd, and creeper 1st. Despite all of their flaws, giants can actually kill a castle when they're spammed in survival mode. But the creeper's regeneration ability is almost non-existent and, once again, their vulnerability to inferno cripples them, not to mention their obscenely high cost.

Also as a side note I'm pretty sure they made a programming error with witches. Infernoing an entire wave of lvl 1 witches in a double income game will get you more than 4000 coins, which is far out of balance with their cost. About a year ago, my friend and I tested this by going on opposite teams and sending lvl 1 witch waves to each other and infernoing them, and after about a minute we had each gotten 20k (only about 2-3 min into the actual game). Definitely something that needs to be fixed ASAP, and something I can't imagine would take more than a few min to rectify.

LeCastel

Dedicated Member
Aug 23, 2016
The Shattered Plains
Hii, we can't use 1.16 exclusive stuff in our server since it has to be backwards compatible (1.9 - ...) so we can't add this :c
Sorry, it's a really nice idea but not possible.

-Locked with tears in my eyes )

Edit: @shanewolf38 if you would like this thread to be unlocked for further discussion regarding your idea please start a conversation with me ^-^ https://www.cubecraft.net/conversations/add?to=Fesa

2 players have brought to attention that this thread could be used for new ideas regarding the td game and community since this one is really work out and thought, so let’s hope that this thread gives some really cool ideas that we can implement in td:)

Cubecraft does support 1.8 too, and in that version I can only play a few games. The rest are restricted to older Minecraft versions. Why can't Tower Defense get the same treatment? What's so wrong with having one 1.16+ game on the server?

Reactions: shanewolf38

InkAsriel

Sep 23, 2017
The Netherlands
Cubecraft does support 1.8 too, and in that version I can only play a few games. The rest are restricted to older Minecraft versions. Why can't Tower Defense get the same treatment? What's so wrong with having one 1.16+ game on the server?
some people refuse to play the latest version sadly, but it would be cool to see TD in 1.16 with the new mobs and blocks. it would add a lot of cool things. imagine the map demons, but made with more 1.16 blocks, that would be really cool looking!

PowerObby

Sep 10, 2020
The only reason to ever use 1.8 is for the PVP, so all non-PVP related games are 1.9+

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Desiderata wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
eggs age over time

how curious
C95689C6-C73E-40B4-9CD7-76C479A7E2D5.png

Here’s my son, I made him in biology today! Say hi to Jimothy!
UncleSpect wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Happy birthday! 🎈
Desiderata wrote on savina875's profile.
thabks 4 folow
UncleSpect wrote on Casualpoalrbear's profile.
hoiii cas bearr
Top Bottom