Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shotgun

Jun 26, 2020
CubeCraft Universe

💡Suggestion System not yet Perfect?? ✅

As we all know, suggestions need 25 ✔️Agree to be forwarded. However, there's one problem in this system. Suggestions about less popular games need as much ✔️Agrees as the most popular games. Let's say there's 50 people interested in SkyWars and 30 in Minerware. If 3/6 SkyWars fans agree with a suggestion it would be forwarded, if 4/6 Minerware fans agree with a suggestion it wouldn't be forwarded.

My suggestion is to lower the requirement of ✔️Agree reactions for certain less popular games to give the ones suggesting for those games a chance too.

Cathie

Feb 10, 2021
The Netherlands
Pronouns
She/Her
There could be some disagrees too so it’d make it unfair to those who disagree if it needs less agrees in my opinion

D

Deleted member 492126

Lowering the requirements for certain game modes would make the whole thing very confusing, I think all games should have the same requirement.
I wouldn’t mind having the general requirement lowered to 20 or something, but I definitely don’t want every game mode to have a specific requirement.

Story

Forum Professional
Jan 30, 2014
Glasgow
letterboxd.com
Most suggestions seem to receive a good amount of responses regardless of what gamemode it is for in my opinion. The only factor drastically affected by gamemode popularity is the amount of suggestions it receives.

Even your Tower Defence suggestion which as a gamemode is not even that popular and only exists on Java has gotten 19 agrees since yesterday which I would consider to be a pretty good amount, which to me is proof that this change doesn't need to exist.

Adxm

Apr 7, 2021

💡Suggestion System not yet Perfect?? ✅

As we all know, suggestions need 25 ✔️Agree to be forwarded. However, there's one problem in this system. Suggestions about less popular games need as much ✔️Agrees as the most popular games. Let's say there's 50 people interested in SkyWars and 30 in Minerware. If 3/6 SkyWars fans agree with a suggestion it would be forwarded, if 4/6 Minerware fans agree with a suggestion it wouldn't be forwarded.

My suggestion is to lower the requirement of ✔️Agree reactions for certain less popular games to give the ones suggesting for those games a chance too.
Wasnt the old forward amount 15 for all game modes? If they were to lower the amount I’d definitely recommend it all be the same and not make them all different.... Another thing I realised is that threads tend to die quickly if no replys are made and I think lowering the forward amount to even about 20 would be beneficial, or finding out a way to boost threads other than just replying by bumping it

Reactions: Matriox

Cathie

Feb 10, 2021
The Netherlands
Pronouns
She/Her
Most suggestions seem to receive a good amount of responses regardless of what gamemode it is for in my opinion. The only factor drastically affected by gamemode popularity is the amount of suggestions it receives.

Even your Tower Defence suggestion which as a gamemode is not even that popular and only exists on Java has gotten 19 agrees since yesterday which I would consider to be a pretty good amount, which to me is proof that this change doesn't need to exist.
You love the word which don’t you.. do not deny it. It’s okay.

• Haha
Reactions: Matriox and Adxm

GeoJosh7

Feb 25, 2021
Australia
Pronouns
He/Him
Il still vote for a game mode that is less popular, if it is a good suggestion, I will vote for it.

Shotgun

Jun 26, 2020
CubeCraft Universe
Il still vote for a game mode that is less popular, if it is a good suggestion, I will vote for it.
So could you explain what's wrong with this suggestion: https://cubecraft.net/threads/288516 ? Because I don't see your vote for it...

Okay, let's take my TD thread as an example.

COMPARISON TABLETower Defence threadSuggestion System thread
Time spent on creation of thread30 - 45 minutes5-10 minutes
Days since thread posted2 days1 day
Thread quality rating (1-10)94
Amount of bumps used10
Reactions2031

I guess this difference shows us the truth. The quality rating of the threads is based on my own opinion and the amount of ❌ Disagree reactions on the thread.

To be honest, I normally don't post suggestions of which I'm not almost certain it will be forwarded/accepted. This thread was an exception, I had a conversation with Marieke2001 earlier in a Discord server and I low-key complained about this. She immediately answered, what a good mod does :) , make a suggestion thread about it. So I made one as kind of a joke but kind of serious too. So I threw this thread together in about 5 minutes, maybe somewhat more and it got 150% more reactions than a thread I'm very serious about and in which is invested 30-45 minutes in making the thread itself. It also includes hours of research and top 110 leaderboard experience. And this thread started as a regular complain...

Story

Forum Professional
Jan 30, 2014
Glasgow
letterboxd.com
So could you explain what's wrong with this suggestion: https://cubecraft.net/threads/288516 ? Because I don't see your vote for it...

Okay, let's take my TD thread as an example.

COMPARISON TABLETower Defence threadSuggestion System thread
Time spent on creation of thread30 - 45 minutes5-10 minutes
Days since thread posted2 days1 day
Thread quality rating (1-10)94
Amount of bumps used10
Reactions2031

I guess this difference shows us the truth. The quality rating of the threads is based on my own opinion and the amount of ❌ Disagree reactions on the thread.

To be honest, I normally don't post suggestions of which I'm not almost certain it will be forwarded/accepted. This thread was an exception, I had a conversation with Marieke2001 earlier in a Discord server and I low-key complained about this. She immediately answered, what a good mod does :) , make a suggestion thread about it. So I made one as kind of a joke but kind of serious too. So I threw this thread together in about 5 minutes, maybe somewhat more and it got 150% more reactions than a thread I'm very serious about and in which is invested 30-45 minutes in making the thread itself. It also includes hours of research and top 110 leaderboard experience. And this thread started as a regular complain...
I do see your point however it's important to remember that just because a suggestion doesn't get forwarded doesn't mean we don't read it, when we start a game update we look through all suggestions for that gamemode and gauge community response and yet most of them are not be forwarded.

A suggestion being forwarded to us just means we can monitor urgency for certain features and updates so we can potentially start them sooner or begin planning.

We understand your concern with this suggestion, you just don't want Tower Defence to be left in the dust by the suggestion system but we can assure you that definitely won't happen and your thread has been read already.

Currently we'd rather proceed with the flat number of agrees (25) on all suggestions otherwise the maintenance becomes high and the team will need guides on what should and should not get forwarded, currently the system works well because of its simplicity.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Xi1m wrote on TheOrderOfSapphire's profile.
:3🍜
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on thejumboyt's profile.
Welcome to the forums! I hope you will like it here!:D
Top Bottom