Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Hedgwig

Apr 7, 2016
Personally, i dont see how this would work, i would understand if they shut down but surely if they wanted to "take a risk" it wouldnt be stepping back and letting mcci overtake them, it would be revamping the server with a large investment. new games, more servers and better gameplay to get their community back, i'd hate to see this server go down in this way after joining 8 years ago and by making the major games worse and making a major portion of the community not want to play doesnt seem optimal. I do wish the best from this strategy but i don't see it, many don't see it and i speak for a lot of the community when i say a lot of us will not want to play on this server anymore as the games we came onto the server for are being altered or removed. 1.12.2 was the only stable version to play on, it was the perfect balance of 1.8 style with 1.9 pvp. The main reasons why i bought obsidian are now made redundant. I wish this server all the best but i would imagine me and many of the community, will not return until we see improvement. I would say now, that java cubecraft is dead, this will be implemented and the server will close soon after

Ge1ster

Dedicated Member
Apr 16, 2020
Lampland
I don't understand how this is possible. It would be a big challenge to adjust these prices based on every single country's economy and wages. How would the store know what country the buyer is from? I could easily use a VPN and purchase a rank from Vietnam for (literally!) five times cheaper than in Switzerland.

Regardless, I don't really know any stores that do this. Let's take Apple as an example. Yes, the prices for their products do vary from region to region, both in the in-person stores and the webshops. That's only due to taxes, though. An iPhone 13 is 50% more expensive in India than it is in the United States. I'm well aware I'm using a physical product to prove my point, but even when looking at Minecraft networks, I can't find a single one that offers digital items for lower prices solely based on what country someone is from.
In hindsight maybe it's not easy over a digital website. The problem is that cubecraft is a server inside a game, I can list plenty of stand-alone games that you register your account by region, but then again they have different servers for different regions. Cubecraft doesn't seem to have resources and player count for that it seems

But it's still a problem nonetheless, because just speaking for Turkey, nobody who's not ultra rich would ever buy a rank. Which is a sad thing, as I would love to upgrade my rank during my time in cube but the ranks were always too expensive to consider.

Reactions: Rocks1

josepadgui

Mar 26, 2021
Cordoba, Spain
Pronouns
He/Him
It doesn't.
So your estrategy to get more players consists on removing a lot of gamemodes and actually all the good maps just to make playing a game boring and then saying that you will add colourful and great 1.19 maps sometime in the future?? Not to say that you have stated Java isn't receiving any updates for the following 4 months. This could have sense if it reduced the cost of maintaining the network running, but as it actually doesn't as you said I don't see the sense.

Most of players will probably have left by the time this period of 4 months has ended, which is the moment when you will supposely add those great, wonderful and colourful 1.19 maps that will save the network and bring thousands of new players. This plan is stupid and whoever had the idea should immediately leave the admin team, if you want to close Java, say it, but don't force players to leave just to have a valid reason to close it in a few months.

dreamydreams

Aug 2, 2022
I don't understand how this is possible. It would be a big challenge to adjust these prices based on every single country's economy and wages. How would the store know what country the buyer is from? I could easily use a VPN and purchase a rank from Vietnam for (literally!) five times cheaper than in Switzerland.

Regardless, I don't really know any stores that do this. Let's take Apple as an example. Yes, the prices for their products do vary from region to region, both in the in-person stores and the webshops. That's only due to taxes, though. An iPhone 13 is 50% more expensive in India than it is in the United States. I'm well aware I'm using a physical product to prove my point, but even when looking at Minecraft networks, I can't find a single one that offers digital items for lower prices solely based on what country someone is from.
Regional pricing is not a weird or uncommon thing. It's very normal and no it isn't just because of taxes. And not sure where you got the idea that apple doesn't have regional pricing, because they do use regional pricing for the App store for example.

Whether it's feasible for a struggling Minecraft server or not... No clue. Probably not worth the effort or the potentially lost/VPN sales. But it's undeniably a normal thing.

zBune

Jun 3, 2017
Nederland/Netherlands
Twitch.tv
Imagine removing games to gain players, this server was already declared
dead
since end of 2018.
2020 made it a bit more pop up due to the virus.

And 2022 is the time we live in now, and of 5th of september we can cubecraft in general even more
''dead''

'Removing games to gain players sounds in my ears like they want java to die, to go play bedrock.
When telling it not straight-forward.

It also seems like the developers of the minecraft java edition of Cubecraft, are no more interested or intending to update the server either.

buttmaster27

Jun 22, 2016
Canada
youtube.com
This is stupid, Update things in the background like a normal server and update it all at once or in parts. Don't delete half the server for your incompetence. This will only kill the existing player base before the update rolls out, as I will not be playing on the server anymore if game modes I enjoy playing are removed for a stupid reason.

404Owl

Dedicated Member
Mar 18, 2020
the procrasti-nation
Even if this update doesn’t kill the server, it killed the server as we know it. This update could have the potential to being new players, but that will be a new community. I dont see this community still being a thing in 6 months - 1 year. At least for me, the end of 1.12.2 will be the end of my time on cubecraft.

dreamydreams

Aug 2, 2022
Should've kept solo or duo Eggwars. Eggwars is going to die hard when it's just randoms vs 1 tryhard team of 4 every game. Gonna frustrate a lot of players. I'd be very surprised if this is going to help the playercount for Eggwars.

josepadgui

Mar 26, 2021
Cordoba, Spain
Pronouns
He/Him
This is stupid, Update things in the background like a normal server and update it all at once or in parts. Don't delete half the server for your incompetence. This will only kill the existing player base before the update rolls out, as I will not be playing on the server anymore if game modes I enjoy playing are removed for a stupid reason.
Even if this update doesn’t kill the server, it killed the server as we know it. This update could have the potential to being new players, but that will be a new community. I dont see this community still being a thing in 6 months - 1 year. At least for me, the end of 1.12.2 will be the end of my time on cubecraft.
I'm fed up with their excuses, every time they make a mistake, they don't know how to admit it and say sorry, they get things even worse than before. I thought they had learnt that removing a part of the network won't boost its growth and will most likely result in a loss of players. At least, the big change didn't remove completely any game, it just moved some to the featured games system and removed game lobbies. This update is literally removing half of the gamemodes, most likely forever, and the whole majority of its maps. They are destroying 10 years of work without being sincere with the community.

The removal of the 1.12 will mean the end of my time on CubeCraft too until they retract their decision. If you want to kill the server because you don't see it viable, just close it and don't make excuses and fake arguments, but don't play with the feelings of those who have grown up with the server and that have been playing here for years.
The admin team is actually full of incompetent people who say that they haven't thrown the towel, when they have already taken the decision of closing the java network within the next few months. At least regarding to me, I'm leaving the server until the administration changes its mind and fires these good-for-nothing admins that don't give a s*** about what the community thinks.

quartz 🌈

Aug 12, 2020
the furry fandom

Pretty sure you can determine the origin country of the credit/debit card used for the payment. Atleast that's how Discord does it.

Story

Forum Professional
Jan 30, 2014
Glasgow
letterboxd.com
I thought they had learnt that removing a part of the network won't boost its growth and will most likely result in a loss of players. At least, the big change didn't remove completely any game, it just moved some to the featured games system and removed game lobbies.
Nobody said the removal of games was to boost growth.

The Big Change was to prevent decline, which it successfully did. This update is the same.

It's very important that when we roll out a major server rework that the games are starting 24/7. If a new North American player comes onto the new improved CubeCraft to give us one last shot, if they join Team Lucky Islands or Team SkyWars after the 1.19 update then the game won't start. They are gone forever.

Nothing that we do matters if the games do not start. These removals are necessary.

The difference with this update compared to 'The Big Change' is that we intend to follow up with something major rather than cutting back and calling it a day.

AssassinJillian

Aug 6, 2016
rest in peace the only game i played on this server, tower defense. the only reason i poured hours into this server and made good memories. the only reason i have a rank. you will be missed. very sad to see it go this way.

staff, is there any way you could release td as a downloadable map? would love to keep playing it alongside my friends.

AssassinJillian

Aug 6, 2016
This leaves a sour taste in my mouth, seeing Tower Defense getting ditched. Tower Defense is by far the most unique game that Cubecraft has. It allows for some insane strategies, especially with a coordinated team. I can get why you would like to remove unpopular games, but TD is semi popular (not as much as say Blockwars or Eggwars), but I see a lot more than featured games (most of the time), parkour, etc. (Personal Experience here) Should the server be updated, yes, 1.12 and 1.19 are pretty close to eachother base, with minor additions (ie netherite, frogs, 1.9 pvp, etc). The only real reason I can see this happening is to cut server costs, which at that point maybe its time to fundamentally rework Cubecraft, like bringing back the ability to pick a few maps, like how it was before the update that removed that instead of having that gatekept behind a donator perk. Another thing I want to point out is that the management in Cubecraft needs to bring more publicity to the server, Hypixel has an monopoly because youtubers and twitch streamers play on it, and as such the general public knows what to expect and what is already on there, and know what they will or will not like, I believe the solution is in their hands, but the opportunity isn't being taken, its the saying, 1 step forwards, 2 steps back
couldn't have said it better myself

quartz 🌈

Aug 12, 2020
the furry fandom
rest in peace the only game i played on this server, tower defense. the only reason i poured hours into this server and made good memories. the only reason i have a rank. you will be missed. very sad to see it go this way.

staff, is there any way you could release td as a downloadable map? would love to keep playing it alongside my friends.
its probably gonna come back like (almost) all games

josepadgui

Mar 26, 2021
Cordoba, Spain
Pronouns
He/Him
if they join Team Lucky Islands or Team SkyWars after the 1.19 update then the game won't start. They are gone forever.
You are right when you say that if a north american player joined team skywars in a low peak time, the game wouldn't start, that's right. The thing is that Team Lucky Islands was a pretty popular game and it always used to have players almost during all the day. Same goes for minerware and some other gamemodes that are getting removed. If you are removing games, remove those anyone cares about, but don't remove duels, minerware, tower defence, etc.
Also, what's the point of removing the majority of maps? That doesn't affect the cost of running the server as you said and only makes playing games repetitive and boring, how do you think that will improve the player experience?

Buckyy

Dec 27, 2019
The Depths
It's very important that when we roll out a major server rework that the games are starting 24/7. If a new North American player comes onto the new improved CubeCraft to give us one last shot, if they join Team Lucky Islands or Team SkyWars after the 1.19 update then the game won't start. They are gone forever.

Nothing that we do matters if the games do not start. These removals are necessary.

Well, the maps in 1.8 were filling up at all hours except at dawn in europe (which is understandable) and the version was removed along with all his community even knowing that there was a community of 800-1000 players who kept playing that version.

There the games did start, and you guys (as team) decided to remove it anyway.

Priley

Forum Professional
Jul 6, 2015
reprotland
Pretty sure you can determine the origin country of the credit/debit card used for the payment. Atleast that's how Discord does it.
Ah, you're right! That would be possible. In theory, you could probably also do some shenanigans there to change your host country but that would be a far stretch anyway 😂

Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Frontlane wrote on camulos's profile.
Happy birthday!
Frontlane wrote on ImSatisfied's profile.
Gefeliciteerd!!!
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on WorriedSkate940's profile.
Pro helper!:D
Conea64 wrote on WorriedSkate940's profile.
I know I'm early but congratulations on being a colourful little fella
Xi1m wrote on camulos's profile.
happy broathdy
Top Bottom