Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

How would you like us to implement map selection?

• Idea 1: seperate map selection with new NPC on the left

Votes: 14 20.3%
  • Idea 2: map selection is within the same game NPC

Votes: 55 79.7%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Story

Forum Professional
Jan 30, 2014
Glasgow
letterboxd.com
Hello Bedrock CubeCrafters!

Today we'd like to present a poll to you about a topic we recently discussed, we came up with two ideas so please read carefully and decide which you think is best, if you have a better idea then feel free to share and we'll see what we can do.

Idea 1:
Map selection would have it's own new NPC on the left of the game portals, this would possibly be a 3D map rotating, you right click it and you then choose between the specific games in that lobby such as "Chaos SkyWars, Duos, Teams of 4" then it will display all the maps for those games.

Idea 2:
Map selection would be added to the already existing NPCs, so you would go to the Solo SkyWars NPC and right click it, then there would be two buttons, 'Quick Play' & 'Map Selection' quick play would throw you into the game as normal and map selection would bring up the same menu with all the game maps.

Again, feel free to write your reasoning below or your new ideas.

Thanks peoples! 💙

Dualninja

Dedicated Member
Feb 9, 2021
Éire
Pronouns
She/Her
Idea 2:
Map selection would be added to the already existing NPCs, so you would go to the Solo SkyWars NPC and right click it, then there would be two buttons, 'Quick Play' & 'Map Selection' quick play would throw you into the game as normal and map selection would bring up the same menu with all the game maps.
I feel like a slightly different way to do this, would be that if you left click the NPC it selects a random map instantly. But if you right click it, it opens up a Bedrock UI of all the different maps. And you can pick which one you want to play.

Edit 1: changed it from chest UI, to Bedrock UI.

Edit 2: it should say which maps are new and which ones are seasonal. for example for Bridges (ok Temple isn't really new but).

Which map would you like to play?

Factory
Mesa
Temple - New!
Towers​

Last edited:

Story

Forum Professional
Jan 30, 2014
Glasgow
letterboxd.com
I feel like a slightly different way to do this, would be that if you left click the NPC it selects a random map instantly. But if you right click it,
Mobile users will struggle to do this. Otherwise we would have just ported the way it operates on Java.

it opens up a chest UI of all the different maps. And you can pick which one you want to play.
Again the chest UIs work really differently on phone, the big button menus exist for a reason and its for consistency between devices so we'd like to follow this.

Dualninja

Dedicated Member
Feb 9, 2021
Éire
Pronouns
She/Her
Mobile users will struggle to do this. Otherwise we would have just ported the way it operates on Java.

Again the chest UIs work really differently on phone, the big button menus exist for a reason and its for consistency between devices so we'd like to follow this.
Fair, but still I think left clicking an NPC, should take you instantly in to a game.

Right clicking could open up a bedrock UI instead then.

Vrachtschip

May 3, 2020
The Netherlands
I would love to see option two, just because this easy to understand for new players.
Adding another NPC left to the portals, could be confusing for new players. Or the new players will completely miss this function.

Another way could be a item in the hotbar, this is something I always wanted to see.
Now you have to walk to the portals to join games, but adding items like the game selector in the main lobby would decrease the time between games.
The main reason for this was the missing map selector, but combining this with a map selector update is an option.
Adding an item in the hotbar wouldnt be enough, the solution for this would be option 2 from your suggestion and adding this suggestion as well.

• Agree
Reactions: Dualninja

pieterpeer

May 3, 2020
The Netherlands
I personally also like idea 2, one NPC but with a change in the menus.

Something which I think should also be thought about is when you join a new game from a game that ended (after you win/lose a game). Currently you can just start a (random) new map by using the compass, but when this gets added I feel like that menu could also use a map selector to match the map selector in the lobbies. Adding a third button would be the best option in my opinion, so that it has three options: ‘Back to the lobby’, ‘Join a random map’ and ‘Select a map’ for example.

Amazing to see you are looking into this great feature, as it has been highly suggested 😃

Click Greatness

Jan 23, 2021
Greatness
www.youtube.com
Idea 2:
This is my choice. However when selecting map it should say the number of players currently on that map so you can see if the wait time will be high. This player count doesn’t have to update while you’re selecting map for every person however it should update when that map is full.

Not sure who you’re planning to let access this feature whether it’s everyone or just those with ranks but I’m sure y’all are working really hard on it behind the scenes

• Agree
Reactions: Dualninja and Story

GeoJosh7

Feb 25, 2021
Australia
Pronouns
He/Him
I think that it would be cleaner to make it in the same NPC, because then the lobbies are not messy! The only option I can think of now would to make it available to VIP Level 1s to increase the amount of revenue, as well as so maps like forest and under the sea which sweats leave, still playable.

• Agree

safwqn

Dec 23, 2020
Hello Bedrock CubeCrafters!

Today we'd like to present a poll to you about a topic we recently discussed, we came up with two ideas so please read carefully and decide which you think is best, if you have a better idea then feel free to share and we'll see what we can do.

Idea 1:
Map selection would have it's own new NPC on the left of the game portals, this would possibly be a 3D map rotating, you right click it and you then choose between the specific games in that lobby such as "Chaos SkyWars, Duos, Teams of 4" then it will display all the maps for those games.

Idea 2:

Again, feel free to write your reasoning below or your new ideas.

Thanks peoples! 💙
a suggestion i have it make an option where you can choose what maps you dont want to queue idk it seems easier idrk but yeah just a quick suggestion :)

Awabbatt

Nov 14, 2020
How will it work? Do only ranked players get to vote? Or if you have an eggwars rank then you can select for eggwars, skywars for skywars e,t,c ?

• Agree

SGGSTNS

Novice Member
Feb 15, 2021
And the map selection will be available for everyone? or people with VIP 4+, or people with the rank of the specific game?
I like the second idea, but I would like it to be only available in the NPC, if you enter the portal it will take you directly to a game or vice-versa npc to join a game instantly and portal to select a map

• Agree
Reactions: Click Greatness
Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Eli wrote on Baploon's profile.
Happy Birthday!!
Eli
7 reports closed in a row because Sentinel got there first... :despair:

1713882959021.png
GiGaGekkies wrote on B0tervlieg's profile.
Happy Birthday
GiGaGekkies wrote on wTBone's profile.
Happy Birthday!
GiGaGekkies wrote on Baploon's profile.
Happy Birthday
Top Bottom