Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Siza

Nov 11, 2018
I've waited a while for a Free For All update :o
I'm so hyped to play it! :D

Sweetenerera

Forum Professional
Jul 24, 2016
If you want to update/balance something in FFA, balance the shop. It's so overpowered it completely breaks the game to the point everyone despises the people who shop. Especially in Elytra maps it's brokenly overpowered.
Not only did this update not fix this absolutely broken game mechanic, it's promoting it due to the events. An event like ''Kills with X kit'' can easily be won by just opening the shop.

D

Deleted member 593598

Awesome update keep up the good work
Also a question are there any plans to re release magic and mayhem this year

betty's oldies

Forum Expert
If you want to update/balance something in FFA, balance the shop. It's so overpowered it completely breaks the game to the point everyone despises the people who shop. Especially in Elytra maps it's brokenly overpowered.
Not only did this update not fix this absolutely broken game mechanic, it's promoting it due to the events. An event like ''Kills with X kit'' can easily be won by just opening the shop.
Ah it's you! Good to see you around. As a former player on the Java server, I agree on the shop part, and it comes to show that the update wasn't well thought out (the new FFA map feels more confined than other maps). I'll add to that as well after playing/testing ~15-20 minutes of this update:
  • *Even a MODERATOR (@Dudu ) warned that such a regen system wouldn't work. See his reply here.
    • This regen serves as a band-aid to supposedly fix problems (that actually aren't there) and doesn't address the real problem with cleaning: cleaning is part of the game since day 1. This is FFA (where anyone can attack at any time), not 1v1 duels.
  • Some bugs aren't fixed. According to the changelog, nowhere does it mention that a bug involving environmental kills was patched. For reference, that bug occurs when a player dies due to environmental damage and had received damage from another player within 5 seconds. The expected result is that the killer should be given credit for the kill, but instead the killer isn't always awarded the kill.
  • *Archers now require more shots to kill other players, and archers aren't awarded more arrows for kills (still 8 per kill). Even worse, since they were already at a net loss (8 fully charged arrows for warrior, 12 for beast; assumes no misses and no delay between hits) at using only arrows to kill a full HP beast or warrior kit, they now require more arrows (3-4+ for every 5 HP the beast/warrior heals up) per kill.
  • *Wizard nerf wasn't required. Other than making it less likely to get back the potions you want, what was the reason for removing 1 harming pot (cap is still 3 for harming pots) from the start? And why add a 3 second cooldown between throwing pots?
    • If anything, the regen update made wizard even more OP in terms of healing as it now doesn't have to rely on the regen potion as much to get back into action. Some easy kills (fleeing targets or opponent who don't hit you back) are all it takes to quickly return from 1 HP back to full.
    • Killing a wizard prior to the update was not as difficult as it appeared. Get him when he cannot utilize his speed 2 (i.e. at an incline or a ladder), when he lacks his buffs, or when he's about to drink potions. Wizards that don't score a lot of successive kills are also easy targets since they will consume more potions than gain. These are their weakest moments.
  • Kill stealing is now the go-to to deny an opponent a source of health.
  • Teams can also abuse an exploit as a result of this update by intentionally having their teammates take off their armor and have the injured teammate kill their now-unarmored teammates.
Anything with an asterisk (*) next to it means it's a main point regarding why this update wasn't well thought out. Let's see how the next few days come out.

EDIT: Wizard regen clarified.
EDIT 2: Environmental kills are still awarded, but they're still bugged.

Last edited:

Gemmmmie

Forum Veteran
Dec 31, 2017
The Butterfly Gardens
Thanks for featuring my kit! May I ask however why the other kits got their credits given accordingly but Me and Botervlieg didn't?
Hiya! You didn't receive credit via Java as it was solely inspired by your two kits and wasn't an exact copy like the others. Some parts were used and some weren't, hence still significantly amended. I hope this helps!

Reactions: FoxFil_

BurntCrown8876

Nov 9, 2021
My Cat's Basket
allout.org
Pronouns
He/Him
Amazing! Thank you so much for all the hard work, look forward to enjoying it thoroughly!
-One absolutely tiny spelling mistake:
It should be:

(You'll need to click it to find it - there's quite a few 'the's!) Correct me if I'm wrong on this!

Again, absolutely amazing - yes, you do all deserve a round of applause! 👏 👏 👏

BurntCrown8876

Nov 9, 2021
My Cat's Basket
allout.org
Pronouns
He/Him
Amazing! Thank you so much for all the hard work, look forward to enjoying it thoroughly!
-One absolutely tiny spelling mistake:
'The'
Well, that didn't help much! Here's a direct quote here:
There was a Duels Kit Competition earlier this year, where players had the chance to create their very own kit for the chance of it being added to the server! A few lucky entrees now have the opportunity to see the very own kit come to life, either a direct copy of or inspired by their post.
The bit in bold/italics should be:
Their

Again, thank you all for your hard work! 🙏 👏

vibinreal

Sep 18, 2021
Good Update, would be nice to have an option to disable events though or just not see the notifications as when in fights with quite a few people it can be slighly annoying.

• Wow
Reactions: Reesle

Blom

Forum Expert
Sep 12, 2018
MinerWare Town
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
Hiya! You didn't receive credit via Java as it was solely inspired by your two kits and wasn't an exact copy like the others. Some parts were used and some weren't, hence still significantly amended. I hope this helps!
Thanks for the explanation, but that's just plain rude in my opinion. We both put a lot of effort in an idea we had: I went in a solo world for half an hour to find out which Blast Protection would be reasonable for this kit, as well as we both came up with the pickaxe Eff 5 idea for the most used tactic in this kit: boxing yourself in with obsidian. The totems, food and enderpearls are just a copy from B0tervlieg's kit. You basically used our kits, merged them and then didn't give us credits because you thought your idea was better. That you think your idea is better, fine with me, but you could've at least added 'inspired by EntityBlom and B0tervlieg' to the kit, because now you basically plagiarising our ideas. absolutely unprofessional, definitely when you promise to give credits to the winners.

B0tervlieg

Novice Member
Sep 28, 2019
Thanks for the explanation, but that's just plain rude in my opinion. We both put a lot of effort in an idea we had: I went in a solo world for half an hour to find out which Blast Protection would be reasonable for this kit, as well as we both came up with the pickaxe Eff 5 idea for the most used tactic in this kit: boxing yourself in with obsidian. The totems, food and enderpearls are just a copy from B0tervlieg's kit. You basically used our kits, merged them and then didn't give us credits because you thought your idea was better. That you think your idea is better, fine with me, but you could've at least added 'inspired by EntityBlom and B0tervlieg' to the kit, because now you basically plagiarising our ideas. absolutely unprofessional, definitely when you promise to give credits to the winners.
yeah i totally agree that it does feel quite unfair to just copy our 2 kits, merge them together (with no extra additions, just a couple of item amounts changed) and not give any credit to us. it would really be appreciated to give both of us credit, even if it was just along the lines of something like 'inspired by'.

Last edited:
Reactions: Blom

solostriker

Jul 18, 2022
I love this update. Keep up the great work!
25297.png

Top Bottom