Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Blom

Forum Expert
Sep 12, 2018
MinerWare Town
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
This is probably the worst name for a suggestion ever, but let me explain it before you hop away!

The idea is worked out in the spoiler for those who care about it, for those who don’t: you can vote on the idea only as well! :agree::unsure::disagree:

What we voting on: Put one person in charge of #changelog on the discord server. This is the only person that posts changes and pings people. This will be done only once or twice each day, unless explicitly needed, to keep things organized and clean.

You might think this idea is quite useless and doesn’t require a separate suggestion, but it definitely does. The current Changelog channel is quite messy: everyone has their own way of posting changes, people forget the correct gamemodes or whether it affects teams, solo’s or both, sometimes changes are post within 10 minutes of each other, some bugs or fixes aren’t posted at all, er cetera. This way, the CubeCraft changelog is used very inefficient and annoying for people to look in. With one person having the full lead of #changelogs, we get a lot of benefits out of it, as a community, but also as a server. To list a few I can think of at the top of the dome:

- Avoiding of unnecessary pings
- Consistency across the messages
- Clearance within the entire team about what’s done, as one person manages the list that’s done (I don’t know how good this is right now, but half of my reported and accepted bugs that are fixed are NOT shown in #changelog, which leads me to the conclusion certain fixes aren’t reported to the head developers/QA’s/admins currently)
- A clear person to contact with questions about specific changelog messages within the team. This person has an overview where to pass the questions on (since they know who did what) or is able to answer them themself, if a changelog message turns out to be unclear or not correctly worded.
- Option to better separation of Bedrock and Java fixes. A much wanted change in the channel is to separate the two networks. In one bigger message, this can be done quite easily by splitting up the Java section from the bedrock section, as well as a possible third section for fixes on both network.

Note that implementing this change does not require any resources of CubeCraft at all. A changelog message takes as much as 2 minutes, which is easily won back by the efficiency this changes brings with it.

Possibly the only disadvantage, which I do want to mention, is the amount of time between the implementation of a change and the corresponding message. I don’t think this would be any issue looking at the advantages, and also since currently many messages aren’t posted at all, and some of the messages are published a few hours late anyways.

I’d love to hear your opinion on this small change with great impact! Please vote on this thread with an :agree: or explain why you disagree. that would be much appreciated!

Also check out my other thread, which is just a few agrees away from being forwarded!

Note: This thread is part of a much bigger thread which hasn't been posted yet. It will be linked in here and vice versa at the time it is posted.

Last edited:

Story

Forum Professional
Jan 30, 2014
Glasgow
letterboxd.com
This is just not likely to happen for a multitude of reasons.

Tracking those changes is really difficult- it requires a lot of research, I'm involved in every aspect of feature changes on the network and I would still have to put in a lot of effort to track who has done what and the only difference is that the information is slightly more accurate.

We introduced changelog as a not-perfect system, it exists purely because it was easy as long as each individual posts their own changes as they have the best grasp and explanation of what it does.

It doesn't even need to exist, we maintain it just to keep the community in the loop on a basic level, it would actually be better for us to not work on it but we want to, as long as it doesn't become monotonous and difficult which this suggestion would achieve.

Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

xHappyMood wrote on SanCookie's profile.
it did not add up to 424 😔
legendaryfox977 wrote on deoxyq's profile.
Happy birthday deo!
Guysss i got aceepted at university for Audiovisuals/Communications. 🥳🥳🥳
qKhalidd wrote on Muhh's profile.
:3
qKhalidd wrote on Shamel's profile.
happy birthday!
Top Bottom