Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Eli

Forum Veteran
Dec 25, 2017
Bogota, Colombia
I saw THIS thread and THIS and immediately thought playing for so long must definitely be a health hazard... many people have undergone serious health repercussions for playing videogames for a very extended period of time without consistent breaks. I believe it would be responsible for CubeCraft to encourage their users (especially their youngest ones!) to take breaks from the game every once in a while, for the sake of their good health.

@komododragon2002 mentioned this in a thread but it never really received a response and its been inactive for a while now. However I do think it could be a potentially life saving addition to both networks. Maybe a message like the one Nintendo uses "You've been playing for a while. Why don't you take a break?" every hour or two could definitely be benefitial!

Now some people might say a message is just an annoyance, and most players will likely not even pay attention to it... that's true! But it is the least that I imagine could be done to try and prevent people from playing for dangerous periods of time without a break. Any alternatives to a chat message might be too intrusive, not sure. Either way, the intention is what matters, after seriously long playing periods users might actually pay attention to the message, and take a very necessary break!

1658111258312.png

How Supercell implemented this measure, in their hit game "Clash of Clans"

ENDERIUM

Dedicated Member
May 22, 2021
THE END
discord.gg
Pronouns
He/Him
playing for so long must definitely be a health hazard
Tell that to me, I spent 8 hours playing Minecraft a few days ago.

Seriously, I think this may cause controversy. If this were to be added, it would be through Microsoft accessibility settings.

josepadgui

Mar 26, 2021
Cordoba, Spain
Pronouns
He/Him
I saw THIS thread and THIS and immediately thought playing for so long must definitely be a health hazard... many people have undergone serious health repercussions for playing videogames for a very extended period of time without consistent breaks. I believe it would be responsible for CubeCraft to encourage their users (especially their youngest ones!) to take breaks from the game every once in a while, for the sake of their good health.

@komododragon2002 mentioned this in a thread but it never really received a response and its been inactive for a while now. However I do think it could be a potentially life saving addition to both networks. Maybe a message like the one Nintendo uses "You've been playing for a while. Why don't you take a break?" every hour or two could definitely be benefitial!

Now some people might say a message is just an annoyance, and most players will likely not even pay attention to it... that's true! But it is the least that I imagine could be done to try and prevent people from playing for dangerous periods of time without a break. Any alternatives to a chat message might be too intrusive, not sure. Either way, the intention is what matters, after seriously long playing periods users might actually pay attention to the message, and take a very necessary break!

View attachment 212848
I agree with your suggestion, however, it shouldn't disconnect you as clash of clans does, it should just send a reminder after a certain period of time.

Reactions: Eli

Komodо

Forum Professional
May 29, 2015
Amersfoort, The Netherlands
www.cubecraft.net
Thank you for mentioning my thread, it will probably get forwarded now!

People first joked about it, but it would be genuinely a good idea

As you said, it should be there about every game. The message is rather important. It demotivates dangerous playing habits.

Don’t have much to add since I basically suggested this as well myself.

N_Strak8206

Novice Member
Mar 8, 2021
Pronouns
He/Him

View attachment 212848
I think its a great idea and could help a bunch of players. I would honestly put it once every 2 or 3 hours to make them aware that they may need a break from videogames. Hope they see this and make this possible

Reactions: Eli

Qwesty

Jul 17, 2022
United Kingdom
Pronouns
They/Them
Forcing people to leave the server would definitely cause controversy and would also reduce player count for the server. A reminder sounds alright but I doubt many people who know they have been playing for 10s hours would really care/pay attention to it.

PhilSwift76

🎥 Content Creator 🎥
Jun 20, 2020
www.youtube.com
if theres a way to toggle it maybe, like somewhere in settings otherwise that could get pretty annoying. ALSO definitely do not display this during a game (probably already something you were thinking but just to mention it for sure)

Members Online

Members online

Latest profile posts

Eli
Where's the second member? 🤔

1713925281107.png
someone make a rivals of aether mod with fhg characters

it's the closest we can get to an official game
CubeT0ch wrote on savina875's profile.
Thanks for the follow to I guess.
lyxda wrote on savina875's profile.
ty for the follow (˶ᵔ ᵕ ᵔ˶) ♡