• Stone weapons

Votes: 13 68.4%
  • Wood weapons

Votes: 6 31.6%

• Total voters

OnePointEight.exe

Dedicated Member
May 26, 2017
One pet peeve on eggs I have is people buying stone weapons right at the beginning of the game, they are balanced, yet such a scam. They are only 25% better yet cost 6 times the price, however 9/10 times people get them first, I usually go either mid neighbors immediately, rarely do I get leather armor. However when I see someone sitting on an iron gen to get a stone axe, I can't go anywhere, that stone axe couldhave bought us 1.5 stacks of blocks, or maybe 9 steak, 4 pick axes, 6 wooden versions, I can go on, however just because someone wants that extra 3 dps, the whole team has to wait.

Let's do an expirement, if someone was given 64 iron, should they get a stone sword or a wood sword? One stack is a large amount early game, that is a whole minute at the generator,
With the stone, 36 for leather and weapon, and for 8 iron 16 blocks, then 2 steak and pick, or 4 steak. This setup has low food, low block and possibly no pick

Problems that may occur: loss of sprint, being stuck at mid since lack of blocks, and being trapped with clay/terricotta

Now for the wood: sword + armor is 9, 5-6 Steak, pick and 30-40 blocks

Problems: doing one less damage may lead to losing a fight if very close. But having more food helps heal in between fights.

My question is, what reasons do you have for the stone weapons being more effective, AT THE INITIAL RUSH. (Just making sure I don't get any when iron isn't an issue comments).

(Insert outro here)

Power Ranger

Forum Professional
Apr 20, 2016
The ♡
www.cubecraft.net
Every time I buy a wood sword it ends up breaking so I just always go for the stronger stone sword at the start. If you're an axe user there isn't really a point in buying a wood add as its so bad in comparison to the stone axe. I could buy multiple wood swords but I like the extra damage which adds up with crits more.

Reactions: ToastO_O

OnePointEight.exe

Dedicated Member
May 26, 2017
I hardly ever get a broken wood sword, unless I fight 4v1s or something along those lines, 1.5 + damage per crit, 3/4 a heart. Getting more supplies is more effective, you can block spam away, eat to regen, spleef with a pick, the void believe it or not Is the strongest weapon. Is the 30 seconds on the iron gen really worth it, I can't imagine breaking 6 wood swords in one game, maybe on op triple?

Reactions: A pigeon
A

A pigeon

Nobody knows wood swords better thab I do

Lel the comment below me .

Last edited by a moderator:

ChasingRainbows

Jun 16, 2016
Florida
"Wood weapons > Stone weapons"

1dxet4.jpg

RPoule

Dedicated Member
Jan 13, 2016
Netherlands
Stone weapons deal more damage and thus win fights against wooden weapons, the amount of blocks of food you have doesn't compare in importance against your weapon and gear. Better spend more on your armour and weapon to not risk losing all your extras than using your iron in a better way but risking to lose it all.

Youri8721

Aug 8, 2016
I always do first start with a Wooden sword, then I'll continue with a Stone sword

TheSweetSuitMan

May 31, 2017
Roosendaal, Noord-Brabant, Netherlands
One pet peeve on eggs I have is people buying stone weapons right at the beginning of the game, they are balanced, yet such a scam. They are only 25% better yet cost 6 times the price, however 9/10 times people get them first, I usually go either mid neighbors immediately, rarely do I get leather armor. However when I see someone sitting on an iron gen to get a stone axe, I can't go anywhere, that stone axe couldhave bought us 1.5 stacks of blocks, or maybe 9 steak, 4 pick axes, 6 wooden versions, I can go on, however just because someone wants that extra 3 dps, the whole team has to wait.

Let's do an expirement, if someone was given 64 iron, should they get a stone sword or a wood sword? One stack is a large amount early game, that is a whole minute at the generator,
With the stone, 36 for leather and weapon, and for 8 iron 16 blocks, then 2 steak and pick, or 4 steak. This setup has low food, low block and possibly no pick

Problems that may occur: loss of sprint, being stuck at mid since lack of blocks, and being trapped with clay/terricotta

Now for the wood: sword + armor is 9, 5-6 Steak, pick and 30-40 blocks

Problems: doing one less damage may lead to losing a fight if very close. But having more food helps heal in between fights.

My question is, what reasons do you have for the stone weapons being more effective, AT THE INITIAL RUSH. (Just making sure I don't get any when iron isn't an issue comments).

(Insert outro here)
Am I the only one who goes for an iron sword? I get around 90 iron and 16 gold and buy 24 carrots, 5 steak, full leather, a stone pickaxe, and blocks (and the sword obv.). It takes time, but it makes me quit though (especially with golden apples) and able to kill anyone on my path.

A

A pigeon

Am I the only one who goes for an iron sword? I get around 90 iron and 16 gold and buy 24 carrots, 5 steak, full leather, a stone pickaxe, and blocks (and the sword obv.). It takes time, but it makes me quit though (especially with golden apples) and able to kill anyone on my path.
Waste of time i tell you

Reactions: OnePointEight.exe

TheSweetSuitMan

May 31, 2017
Roosendaal, Noord-Brabant, Netherlands
Waste of time i tell you
Early game it might be, but I never buy another sword, so that saves me 12 diamonds. Also, I usually only return to the shop after having around 50-60 diamonds, making it quite a good choice to be well geared.
On SP I go to another island with a wooden sword, take out the guy and with 2 gold gens I do the same, making it as quick as going for a stone sword.
BTW, could you explain it a bit further? How is it a waste of time?

A

A pigeon

Early game it might be, but I never buy another sword, so that saves me 12 diamonds. Also, I usually only return to the shop after having around 50-60 diamonds, making it quite a good choice to be well geared.
On SP I go to another island with a wooden sword, take out the guy and with 2 gold gens I do the same, making it as quick as going for a stone sword.
BTW, could you explain it a bit further? How is it a waste of time?
The time you waste getting gold is better spent annihilating other teams. If i fail to end the game before people get bows , i go for diamonds , where i get tons of gapples full iron , pickaxe and sword. I dont bother with a bow unless and until i realllllyyy need one

0ffense

Mar 27, 2017
Orion constellation
How early are we talking? Like just got out of our pods or on our second trip to mid. Because I think stone swords are better the second time your rush mid.

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

8 years on the forums!
Otherworld wrote on RobinDn's profile.
Thank you for the follow!
UncleSpect wrote on GiGaGekkies's profile.
You are amazing <3
GiGaGekkies wrote on Ferrcho's profile.
Ola! Happy Birthday! :)
GiGaGekkies wrote on Roxlad's profile.
Happy Birthday <3
Top Bottom